Page 66 of 110 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 4]

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    One decent enough to roast marshmallows on.
    Thanks Pony! Are you bringing the marshmellows? If so you might want to pick up some cheese to go with all this whine..... <trollface> And also, please don't tell them we don't want small updates; we would just prefer that if we get small updates, it isn't at the expense of delaying the big ones.

Seriously though, I look away from the forums for like 3 days and sheesh. Alright guys, let's take a deep breath and think about this objectively. TL is obviously short on Android support, painfully short. So if you are a developer that has to create parity, but you only have like one guy who knows android, and everyone else is a apple loving, beret wearing beatnik, and the android guy has to pick up the slack for the apple guys because they are too busy writing poetry and going to starbucks, releasing things piecemeal isn't going to work, right? The best thing to do is wait for a big game changing update, and THEN do it all at once when you can devote more resources to it and there is a lull in big changes. So wait till after the update, see if they can give us something more concrete about future updates, and if not, THEN you can start ranting & ragequitting or whatever :/ I mean, look at what Pony said above, that's a pretty huge thing to say by TL standards, you can at least get a little excited, eh?

I'm not a coder, but I work closely with a bunch of them, and it can take a long while to get something done when you got 5 different groups of people all yelling at you to do their project first. And if the dude at the top thinks apple is a priority (which is wrong, apple is terrible, but I digress), they don't got much choice, ya know? Yelling at Pony & co, and bashing the gem dragons isn't doing you any favors, or winning any support.

I mean the gem dragon situation isn't ideal, but it's really not that bad, and it was done with good intentions. We can get them, for free, which means when we do get crafting, we can get them twice as fast. TL just gave up money so we could have something, let that sink in for a second. In addition, we have been getting way more communication, AND a quasi promise of something significant for us...? Chins up gentlemen, things are looking better than you think.

Annnnnnd if I'm wrong? Well, we'll all have quite a bit of raeg and butthurt stored up by then, and we can give Thread Part 5 an energetic start!

Quote Originally Posted by DevonM88 View Post
    Nah, that would make sense and be the decent thing to do.

Apple users don't think like that.
    You know, this kinda ticks me off. I read this thread multiple times a day, and while I have not posted in it as it is place for Android users (I play on an iPod), I have emailed support multiple times asking for parity. How is it Apple users fault what the game company decides to do? Every Apple player on here wants parity, yet you have to blame us for what TL is doing. Perhaps you should place the blame where it belongs. No Apple player is keeping you from having a complete game. So, since according to you, I shouldn't care and give my support for parity as an Apple user, then I won't. I won't waste my time on people who rather blame me for their issues. I'm sorry to all the good Android users who don't have blinders on and can see who is behind their problems. I would rather not have any updates for IOS, until there is parity for you, but I'm done fighting. I'm sick of the bad apples that blame me.

New Resident
    Vyler, we're on thread 4. How much longer are you going to wait before you admit this clearly isn't a priority for tl? A priority is where you put time and money into something, not where you make hints and try to placate people. I would love to know how many man hours tl give to the parity issue, and how many they give to the rest of the game. Lets have some honest communication, instead of trying to make people feel guilty for reasonable expectation, and making them keep it all on one thread so as to seem like a smaller problem.

Farm Supplier
    We've never had any special feature (the Gemstone dragon is a dragon, with a new color, big deal), it takes me MINUTES to collect coins, i don't harvest food anymore since it takes too much time, i don't visit neighbors since it takes too much time, sometimes I can't see my dragons, I can't see the Rainbow habitat or the Gemstone habitat, my farms are invisible when empty, I can't get to the top left of my island... but hey, let's give TL some credit, they say they're working on it, Android is a brand new system, there're not a lot of Android devices yet, it must not be easy to collect our money and be incapable to doing anything with it.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by musique0214 View Post
    You know, this kinda ticks me off. I read this thread multiple times a day, and while I have not posted in it as it is place for Android users (I play on an iPod), I have emailed support multiple times asking for parity. How is it Apple users fault what the game company decides to do? Every Apple player on here wants parity, yet you have to blame us for what TL is doing. Perhaps you should place the blame where it belongs. No Apple player is keeping you from having a complete game. So, since according to you, I shouldn't care and give my support for parity as an Apple user, then I won't. I won't waste my time on people who rather blame me for their issues. I'm sorry to all the good Android users who don't have blinders on and can see who is behind their problems. I would rather not have any updates for IOS, until there is parity for you, but I'm done fighting. I'm sick of the bad apples that blame me.
    Yeah, in all seriousness, the only apple users to blame are the ones working at the top in TL. I've never seen anything but support and courtesy from our IOS brethren. Just ignore them, everyone is just frustrated and confused and lashing out. I mean, your taste in devices is a little iffy, but I think we can overlook that... (also, bad apples....I see what you did there)

Quote Originally Posted by katali19 View Post
    Vyler, we're on thread 4. How much longer are you going to wait before you admit this clearly isn't a priority for tl? A priority is where you put time and money into something, not where you make hints and try to placate people. I would love to know how many man hours tl give to the parity issue, and how many they give to the rest of the game. Lets have some honest communication, instead of trying to make people feel guilty for reasonable expectation, and making them keep it all on one thread so as to seem like a smaller problem.
    I never said it WAS a priority for TL, and as I said I'll wait until after the IOS update is in and stable. Do I think they should have done a better job from the start? Yup. Do I think they should break their weird code of silence and just square with us? Definitely. What I AM saying is that until recently, we got NO hints, NO communications (besides the occasional threats of banning for misbehavior), and the only promises we heard were copy pasted from one post made like 8 months previous. Things are different all of a sudden, and historically TL doesn't stir unless something is imminent. I've always thought that parity will come all at once, after IOS gets to a good "stopping" point, I just think that now might be the time

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by vyler View Post

I never said it WAS a priority for TL, and as I said I'll wait until after the IOS update is in and stable. Do I think they should have done a better job from the start? Yup. Do I think they should break their weird code of silence and just square with us? Definitely. What I AM saying is that until recently, we got NO hints, NO communications (besides the occasional threats of banning for misbehavior), and the only promises we heard were copy pasted from one post made like 8 months previous. Things are different all of a sudden, and historically TL doesn't stir unless something is imminent. I've always thought that parity will come all at once, after IOS gets to a good "stopping" point, I just think that now might be the time
    I think you are making reasonable assumptions and predictions based on fair logic but when has TL operated in a logical way? There have been many good "stopping points" in the past year, but we've only seen a recent (small) addition for Android that took all of two weeks AND they had to code for both platforms. I can see Android receiving a few more additional (small) features by the end of the year, but complete parity to include everything iOS has right now, and also the large upcoming iOS update? That'll be miraculous.

IMO they will not depart from normal behaviour. The way they've offered gemstones makes things rather clear.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by musique0214 View Post
    Perhaps you should place the blame where it belongs. No Apple player is keeping you from having a complete game.
    I wasn't talking about apple players, I was talking about the apple users who started the company and made it xenophobic.

As far as your quote, I'd have to say that every Apple player is keeping me from having a complete game. The simple fact that there are an enormous amount of apple players who actually play the game, and certainly a very large amount who give money to this atrocious company, is keeping anyone on any other platform from having a complete experience. If the designers are fanboys and a large portion of their users are on their holy platform, they have much fewer reasons to put a significant effort into creating balance and fairness for anyone who is not.
    It's a shame that such a restrictive and closed platform like iOS would get so much loyalty and support, when a wonderful open platform like Android would be neglected. That's unfortunately how overly-popular things work though. People seem to be blinded and supportive of something that's probably not very good, simply because it's viewed as cool and fashionable.

Rhino Keeper
    I wasn't talking about apple players, I was talking about the apple users who started the company and made it xenophobic.

As far as your quote, I'd have to say that every Apple player is keeping me from having a complete game. The simple fact that there are an enormous amount of apple players who actually play the game, and certainly a very large amount who give money to this atrocious company, is keeping anyone on any other platform from having a complete experience. If the designers are fanboys and a large portion of their users are on their holy platform, they have much fewer reasons to put a significant effort into creating balance and fairness for anyone who is not.
    It's a shame that such a restrictive and closed platform like iOS would get so much loyalty and support, when a wonderful open platform like Android would be neglected. That's unfortunately how overly-popular things work though. People seem to be blinded and supportive of something that's probably not very good, simply because it's viewed as cool and fashionable.
    Well to be fair in my experience most of the other TL games are on the ball with parity, it's only the DS game that has this massive gap between platforms. Inexplicably.

Also some people prefer a closed ecosystem for their phones, there's nothing inherently wrong with having that as a personal preference. "Not very good" is subjective, really. That said I would never switch back to an iphone. On the other hand I prefer the user experience of macbooks, never going back to windows

Quote Originally Posted by noir77 View Post
    Well to be fair in my experience most of the other TL games are on the ball with parity, it's only the DS game that has this massive gap between platforms. Inexplicably.
    This is true..but there ARE still quite a few TL games for IOS that don't exist on Androids. So they are definitely not lagging only in DS.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moostermine View Post
    This actually sounds like one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time!
    Yes we know that it is not supposed be the same people working on the iOS updates and Android parity!
    Yes we know that " the Parity problem is being addressed as quickly as possible"
    Yes we know that it is a priority!

Well may if they all had to play on Android until some real progress was made, they all would help each other and make PARITY THE PRIORITY!
    If this is what you were talking about......
    Nah, that would make sense and be the decent thing to do.

Apple users don't think like that.
    .......it was actually an apple user who said it, lol! Hi! *waves*
    Luv, I've been pitching a fit in support of Android ever since I understood that there was parity problem, I like to consider myself "decent"!

I haven't got a CLUE what you mean by open and closed platforms, so I can't speak to that. But as far as spending money on my phone, I got it because it was free!
    As for being cool or fashionable, rofl, I'm too old to worry about that, like...totally!
    All kidding aside, please, accept that the iOS players on here support parity to the best of our abilities, and lets concentrate our frustration towards the game where it belongs!