Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Windmill Heights - Levels 241 - 246

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Thanks! How about some gold instead of points? (Lol!) Um, could it be from Galaxy Quest?

I'm not giving up (at least not yet,) but I'm not a fan of the timed levels as it is; they're so stressful for me. I think of them more as obstacles to get thru to the real fun--the moves levels! I love playing at my own pace, deciding which move is best, etc. On timed levels like 244, when there isn't enough time to even get close to the goal, it's no fun for me at all. Just frustrating. But I'll keep trying (for awhile, anyway...)
    That's correct: Galaxy Quest!! I'd love to throw you some gold, but that might be the end of my employment with Storm8! Timed levels are always a challenge to me, too - even those that I've designed - so I'm right there with you. All I can say is that I'll do my very best to make those timed levels challenging and fun - for everyone! After all, we at Storm8 and TeamLava strive to make the very best games and puzzles out there for y'all to enjoy time and again! =)

Keep the feedback coming, as I am definitely listening!!

Don't give up, Phaedrakiki! I've been stalking (I mean following) your posts for months and they are all very helpful! I too had to get through level 244 after it got reduced to 1:20. It's tough but doable but unlike you I mostly enjoy timed levels... You might change your mind about them when you get to level 254. Only 3 colors of jewels are used so it's a lot of bombs, blasters, diamonds and explosions. I didn't pass it easily but I knew it was a fun level when I caught myself thinking I don't care if I ever pass it- it's too much fun to move on I bet Schnuffles designed it What I strongly dislike is fire and certain doom jewels... OK, good luck! you're not that far behind and seeing how well you've been doing you'll be leaving me in the dust very soon

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    wow so many 3 starred levels!! i don't think i've had the time to go back to previous levels to 3-star it! finnth can you play those for me and get me some gold ?
    Lol, me too, me too! Will you do mine too, finnth? (Yeah, haven't 3-starred since Abyssal Keep. Yikes!)

Hahaha...thanks guys, it's hard to get 3 stars, I was just lucky maybe LOL. I can't go back to collect more stars too, I want to keep going to finish until I conquer all the island good luck to you too.

Fashion Designer

Finally, I passed! This last level on this island was hard, I can move on to new island.

Quote Originally Posted by fancyjewel View Post
    Don't give up, Phaedrakiki! I've been stalking (I mean following) your posts for months and they are all very helpful! (...)
    Lol! Thanks fancyjewel, that means a lot! I appreciate the encouragement. The 3-color level you described does sound fun; I love lots of special jewels! I'm worried though...at the rate I'm going I may not get there. I'm not getting anywhere on 244--I'm just not very good at the timed levels. I'm not giving up quite yet, though. Thanks so much!

Fashion Designer
    Lol! Thanks fancyjewel, that means a lot! I appreciate the encouragement. The 3-color level you described does sound fun; I love lots of special jewels! I'm worried though...at the rate I'm going I may not get there. I'm not getting anywhere on 244--I'm just not very good at the timed levels. I'm not giving up quite yet, though. Thanks so much!
    Found you--level 244. Nice. Still about 20 levels ahead of me.

Hi Gardienn, I'm stuck quite firmly on 244, so you'll prob catch/pass me. You've done it before! Good to see you posting, was wondering about you...

Fashion Designer
    I'm still around, albeit not as much. The real world is good to pay attention to, and I had been hiding in computer games too long. Now they're side dishes or desserts, not the main course, always a good thing. Wether I catch up or not, I enjoy having you as my bar to aim toward.

Quote Originally Posted by schnuffles View Post
    That's correct: Galaxy Quest!! I'd love to throw you some gold, but that might be the end of my employment with Storm8! Timed levels are always a challenge to me, too (...)
    Lol, I was just kidding about the gold! And I wouldn't want you to jeopardize your job--espec in this economy!

You guys have created a fantastic game in Jewel Mania. It's addictive and (mostly ) fun. The exception to fun--for me--is timed levels without any "breathing room". They're just too stressful for me. And when I fail to pass it over and over, and play is over in just minutes (energy limitation,) it's very frustrating. Plus, I have another problem with timed levels. Sometimes I can't swap jewels--my finger "slips" or misses the jewel somehow. Maybe my iPhone screen is getting worn out or something. Sometimes it happens just once in a round, sometimes multiple times. It's not a big deal on moves levels, but it's disastrous on timed ones.

I know I'm not alone in my dislike--there's a timed-level poll showing 80-something % agree with me. I know timed levels add a challenge & variety to the game, I just wish the clocks weren't so short. And I'd prefer more moves levels over timed ones. I play JM for fun, to relax and get away from the stresses in my life. If the game is causing stress, what am I doing? I've been stuck on 244, a timed fire level, for days now. I'm having to force myself to play cuz it's no fun. In fact, every few attempts, I'm going back to prev moves levels with only 1 star to improve my scores (that part's fun, lol! ) But like you said, JM is for everyone, and some do enjoy the timed levels (really energetic players? ) So I'll keep trying on 244 (and wishing for "roomier" amounts of time, lol.) Thanks again!

Phaedrakiki sorry you haven't passed 244 yet It sucks being stuck on the same level for days, unfortunately it happened to me many times... including now ... Hopefully they'll add some time to it; it's a very tight and frantic level and I only passed it by "cashing in my good luck karma chips" Lol... You're making an excellent point - the game is supposed to be fun but 3 days in and cursing at the devise is not my idea of a good time Maybe if we could replay the previous levels at no energy cost it would make it less depressing Schnuffles, can you pull some strings and get a little extra time for Phaedrakiki? We need her moving and giving good advice! Lol!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast