Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: That Other Moment When...

Rhino Keeper

That Other Moment When...

You find yourself not cooking something or making a drink simply for the fact that it just does NOT look appetizing...

Am the only one?

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    I try to get the ones I don't like mastered and out of the way asap so I never have to see them again, and hesitate to finish mastering the ones I love looking at, just so I can still have a reason to keep making them. >.<

Rhino Keeper
    I hate the croissants. When I see them on the counter they look like short fat worms. It literally disgusts me, and to add to it I don't like croissants in real life either

I have yet to bake the castella, It just looks like a brick with chocolate on top of it. My most bakes items are:
    donut frosty
    sprinkle donut
    beach cupcake
    candy hatchery stuff

and honestly thats about it

Rhino Keeper
    I cook everything because that's how I get gems but there are definately recipes that look gross. I have so much food in my bakery and there is a lot of food that I wish I didn't have. I can't bring myself to throw it away it seems wasteful to do. I wish there was a sell all button or something. I could just click on my counter with type o blood and instead of clear counter it would say sell all, that would be great.

Executive Chef
    I feel this way about most items in restaurant story. The worst one by far though is the Kalua Pig, that thing is so disgusting to look at. I want to master the recipe for gems, but it looks gross both while being cooked and when being put on the counter. The pig still keeps its animal shape and the whole thing looks like one big animal slaughter fiasco. The people from Petshop Story would agree I think :-) They should make more vegetarian recipes, or a new shop that would serve nothing but natural vegan foods :-P

Executive Chef
    oops, didn't notice this is a bakery story discussion, sorry.

Executive Chef
    Apple Dumplings, Fruitcake, annything that comes out of the ice cream machine and looks like a hot mess, rainbow ice (reminds me of that plastic costume wig), whoopie pie, Candied Lotus Root (does it look like a bath loofah to anyone else?), all the blood drinks from the coffin drink machine (it's so bad that I never even bought that machine).

But really most recipes on Bakery Story look so cute (especially compared to restaurant), that sometimes I wonder how I could make them myself. Point in case: Chocolate Cream Muffins (just how do they do that?) and Heart Coffee (they should give us a link where we can buy those super duper cute cups and saucers, I know I spent a long time searching for it on the internet but couldn't find it). These two V-Day recipes are essentially what got me so hooked up on Bakery Story in the first place, I got so excited when they brought them back this year, so that I could cook them again. I could use a display that has them both, so that I can look at them all year round!

Executive Chef
    The reindeer cake with the giant head freaks me out. I'm actually mad at myself for cooking it right now when there were other six hour recipes on my counters I haven't mastered yet instead of having that ugly thing take up a new counter. The pane di pasta looks like a pile of you know what, and it's also the one I've made the least progress on in the italian oven.

Farm Supplier
    I don't bother bout how they look and just bake it until max mastery then stop baking all together.

But taking a look at the food I have in my bakery, the western bread and corn break looks so unexciting. Just plain brown blobs in different size only. The pot of gold cupcakes looks like cupcakes gone moldy and the witches hats looks like brown you know what.

I really like the rise cupcakes! Sooo pretty! I'll miss then once they sell out.

Farm Supplier
    ^ sorry, it's rose cupcakes, not rise.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast