Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tournament scores

Rhino Keeper
    One thing I noticed today about the top two winners - Sherry and Paulinka - is that they get obscene scores after one round. Sherry's first round score was 29K - 8,000 more than the #3 winner after all three rounds. Paulinka is currently at the top of the leaderboard with a score of 65,408 and they haven't even played three rounds of the tournament.

New Resident
    I was planning on buying gems for this as I love the game, but I will not do so when it is obvious that there are people like "sherry" who are obviously taking advantage of either a hack or a glitch. Unfortunately, as long as the developers are making money, there is not much incentive for accounts like this to be investigated. I'm a veteran of many games and unfortunately things like this happen but are rarely rectified so people need to either accept it and move on, or find another game. I myself will give it a few days to see if this is addressed, and if not, there are other bingo games out there.

Rhino Keeper
    This game is still fun even if you don't win the tournament! There are only like five players (that I've seen) who totally dominate - Sherry, acl or alc, Paulinka, Hiro, and someone else I'm not remembering off-hand.

New Resident
    Wow... I thought I was the only one who couldn't believe the ridiculous scores those people were getting until I did a web search and found this topic in the forum. I was buying alot of gems too in hopes of getting close to those scores.... But no luck... It has to be some kind of hack or something they are using, right? Oh well, I will not spend any more money on this game for sure. Everyone should have a chance to win, not just the same 5 people every day...

New Resident
    Yup.... I think the integrity of the game has been compromised and it doesnt seem like anything is being done to fix the problem.... And if there isnt anything shady going on, there hasnt been any explanation of the scoring and how someone can achieve 175,000 points.... I've already stopped buying gems and will just play for fun with no expectations of trying to hit the top 3 scores. Just enjoy playing and let other people waste their money buying extra gems trying to chase Sherry and those 3-4 others that can get those amazing scores. :P

Ok. I think I have figured out part of the scoring formula for the tournaments (and if this post disappears then I'll know for sure something fishy is going on).

I'm going to add some photos to help explain (sorry for the size, I'm posting from my phone).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	9503Click image for larger version. 

Views:	69 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	9504Click image for larger version. 

Views:	69 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	9505Click image for larger version. 

Views:	67 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	9507

This is what I have figured out. XP is based on the number of daubs (#daubs x 2). The formula for the scoring is as follows: XP + COIN + BINGO(100)= SCORE.

Bingos are worth 100 points so multiply the number of bingos times 100. If you look in the first picture you can see: 86(XP) + 570(COIN) + 300 (3 BINGOS x 100) = 956.

Now, there is additional points for being the fastest to call bingo. In my third picture, I was first to call Bingo and I have an additional 500 points on that score (144+1020+600+500= 2264). In the last picture, I was the 6th to call Bingo and I had an additional 250 points on that score (146+420+200+250=1016). I did not receive any extra points in the first two photos when I was the 21st and 33rd person to call Bingo.

Also, I believe you get extra coins per Bingo. (This is important). Lets assume you get an extra 100 coins per Bingo.

So, how do they get those huge scores? Lets add:

There's 25 possible daubs per card and 8 cards total. So 200 x 2= 400 possible XP.
    There's also 13 possible Bingos per card and we know Bingos are worth 100 points, so 13 x 8=104, 104 x 100=10,400 possible points.
    I also believe each coin daub is worth 50 coin. There are two coin daubs per card so (2 x 8) x 50= 800. Assuming you get an extra 100 coins per Bingo and assuming you get all 104 Bingos per round, you would get up to 11,200 coin. (800 + [100 x 104 = 11,200).

So, if you were to daub EVERY single square on EVERY single Bingo card, your score could potentially be 22,000. However, I believe there may be some sort of bonus for blacking out your bingo card. That's the only way to explain some of these astronomical scores per round (ie 30,000 or more). There just doesn't seem to be any other explanation.

That's what I've come up with. Take a look at your next tourney scores and see if my formula fits with what you get and let me know if you have any other ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	48 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	9506  

Sorry, disregard the third photo above. It should be this one: Click image for larger version. 

Views:	73 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	9508

Oh, I also wanted to add that the possible points can be even HIGHER when there are special ways to Bingo added to the tournament. Like when you can Bingo off blocks of four or off the sides/top/bottom, like ><. This can add thousands of extra possible points to the scores.

New Resident

Thumbs down Players Grouped Unfairly

If a person plays normally, with just typical power ups, there's no way to achieve those scores on 8 cards. I'm good. I'm fast. It's bingo. It's not the nature of the game.

If, though, a person uses gems to pay for an additional 5 balls, they can fill more spaces. I've done that once with gems I'd saved up (because there's no way I'm paying money for this) and what I noticed was after I used the 5 extra balls, the game gives you yet another option to use gems for ANOTHER 5 balls. If this has no limit, a person could potentially spend on extra balls until they've blacked out every number on every card. The number of bingos on a blacked out card would vary depending on the special pattern of the day. (i.e. if the special pattern is an X there would be less opportunities on a blacked out card than if the pattern was a small square of four connecting numbers). It's the only possible way I see players being able to achieve these insanely high scores, putting them well out of the reach of the average player.

I think it all falls back on the creators of the game. People playing in tournaments should have an option to play against people using the same features. They should divide tournaments up - one option being players using additional (paid) features, and the other being people using basic play features.

This is why I won't spend money on the game. They don't have a method in place to keep the competition fair.

New Resident
    I played this morning.... Sherry had 132,000.
    Last edited by maguar; 08-17-13 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Removed implied language

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast