Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tournament scores

New Resident
    My original post was made on the 6th and I have not heard an official response. I will NEVER buy any gems for this game. It's amazing how I get so many pop ups to buy more gems and spent money on this app but no one can answer my question. In the meantime, the same player, "Sherry" is in first place every single day. Here's an idea, when I click on the tournament leaders, display more stats, other than the scores achieved each round. Is it:

The number of bingos per round?
    Having multiple bingos per card?
    Filling in cards completely?
    Using auto daubs?

I play six cards per round, without auto daub the numbers come to fast to play eight cards without falling behind. I get 3-5 bingos per round. I used 3-4 boosts per round. I never get above 2500 per round.

How do people earn scores of 20,000-35,000 per round? It is a relatively simple question.

Executive Chef
    The Mods have asked the game developers about this, but we haven't heard back yet.

My guess is that big winners are using lots of gems to completely fill up all 8 cards. (gems to auto daub, gems to get more boosts, gems to get extra balls, etc.)

I once got on the leader board after one game using 4 cards. (I promptly disappeared from the top three after the second game.) But that was soon after the tournament was introduced and the scores weren't so crazy high.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Unfortunately I am unable to discuss specific game mechanics.

However I can say that the tournament scores are determined by a variety of factors including experience, coins, gems and a few other factors.
    TeamLava Staff - CuddlyDragon [Send Private Message]
    Support Email: support@teamlava.com
    Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread

New Resident
    Sounds fishy to me , I've done all of that even bought gems and still don't even get those high numbers..

New Resident
    Tournament is a joke. I have spent money
    On gems and used plenty in tournament and
    Never came close to winning. Today, I scored a
    Whopping 300 while "sherry" scored 145,000!!!!
    Ridiculous

New Resident
    The reply provided by TeamLava doesn't hold water. I am a level 90 player and have spent literally hundreds of dollars on gems, mostly in an attempt to win the tournament. I can absolutely say that this is an impossibility, that is, if one is trying to win it fairly. I say this with confidence and conviction, as I have maximized the scoring possible and have only been able to accomplish a score in the 12,000 range, which, at best, only earns around 10th place, because I am competing against others (Sherry, to name one) who are reaching astronomical scores over 100,000 points. To even reach the 12,000 points that I did, it required saving up all of the helpful boosts (free daub boosts, bomb boosts, instant bingo boosts, and crystal ball boosts), playing eight cards, using auto complete on 7 of the 8 cards, and rapidly using the "auto boosts", one after another, so as to complete as many daubs on as many cards as is possible, and extending the game by paying for an additional 5 balls at the end. Thus, I have done everything I can think of possibly doing, spent as many gems as I can possibly spend. However, when I play the game in this manner, I use about a hundred or more gems, use about 8-10 boosts, which results in all of my cards achieving bingos, with each card at least 75% filled. And yet, the end result is about 3,000-4,000 points each round, and a total of 10,000-12,000 per tournament after playing three rounds. This is not nearly enough to compete with these super players, like Sherry, who score ten times this! I would contend that the scores that the top spots are earning cannot be earned by playing the game in a legitimate and fair fashion. I don't see how it is even feasible to score 10 times the maximum scores I have earned, given that each of eight cards earns a bingo and many of these cards are either amongst the first few to achieve bingo or have over 75% of the spaces daubed. Therefore, I have to conclude that these "super players" must have some information that I (and most others) do not. This is the only that could possibly allow them to score in a realm that is not feasible by typical playing methods. They cannot possibly be that much better at bingo than everyone else. You can call this information that they must have what you want, but after hundreds and hundreds of games, and hundreds and hundreds of dollars spent trying to compete with them, each time coming up way too short, I call it unfair. I think TeamLava needs to look into this matter further and make the game fairer. Otherwise, players like myself will grow frustrated enough that we'll just stop playing, and they will then lose me and others like me as players. However, I'm sure more importantly to them, they will lose the enormous amount of money that I spend playing their games.
    Jdawggie

This is what i think Sherry is doing while playing the tournaments. I don't think she is using auto daub on any cards. If you get more than one bingo on a card it counts as more bingos which increases your score. So if you don't use the auto daub you can get more points on each card by getting more bingos on each card. The auto daub limits you to only one bingo per card while not using auto daub allows you to get multiple bingos if not blackout on multiple cards. Im sure she uses all of the power ups she can and does not use the auto daub feature. See if you can play eight cards without the auto daub. Im sure it is difficult but doable. I have watched the tournament scores like the rest of you and that is the only thing i can come up with. I don't think shes *****ing i just think she can mark cards very fast and [] use auto daub on any of the 8 cards.
    Last edited by maguar; 07-14-13 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Removed email

I've been wondering about this as well and frankly it pisses me off that TeamLava Staff gave us that answer. What kind of business is this? I have NEVER heard of a company not being able to tell people how results are scored. I get not telling us the EXACT details of how things are tallied but not even being able to give us generics (i.e., each bingo is worth xx points, each daub is with xx, etc.)? Very fishy. As a result, I will NEVER spend real money on this game because I, personally, now feel that it is rigged. I'm even having problems with my collections items disappearing (which I just reported) so this really doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy about this game in general and that's too bad because I really do like it.

I don't think this is it. I play 8 cards each time using the power ups. I don't use auto daub and have gotten multiple bingos on each card (and have even gotten bingos on 7 out of the 8 cards) but I have NEVER scored a higher ranking than 700.
    Last edited by ButterPanda; 07-17-13 at 04:49 PM. Reason: assuming something else is happening

Quote Originally Posted by agaribay15 View Post
    This is what i think Sherry is doing while playing the tournaments. I don't think she is using auto daub on any cards. If you get more than one bingo on a card it counts as more bingos which increases your score. So if you don't use the auto daub you can get more points on each card by getting more bingos on each card. The auto daub limits you to only one bingo per card while not using auto daub allows you to get multiple bingos if not blackout on multiple cards. Im sure she uses all of the power ups she can and does not use the auto daub feature. See if you can play eight cards without the auto daub. Im sure it is difficult but doable. I have watched the tournament scores like the rest of you and that is the only thing i can come up with. I don't think shes *****ing i just think she can mark cards very fast and [] use auto daub on any of the 8 cards.
    I don't think this is it. I play 8 cards each time using the power ups. I don't use auto daub and have gotten multiple bingos on each card (and have even gotten bingos on 7 out of the 8 cards) but I have NEVER scored a higher ranking than 700. Something else has to be going on.
    Last edited by maguar; 07-14-13 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Edited quote

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast