Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tournament scores

New Resident
    Ok I did an experiment... I bought $5 worth of gems and played the high stakes tournament (which Sherry also won with 177,000). I auto daubed 4 and played 4 each of the 3 rounds... I auto filled any crate that was a free, rocket or star. I also played the 5 extra numbers on 2 of the three rounds... I was out of gems at that point. My score was only around 5,000 and I got multiple bingos in each round...

Carol--I don't think it's possible to play more than one extra round in the tournament. In normal game play, yes. A player can keep spending gems until they've blacked out their cards, but I believe you can only get five extra balls once per round in the tournament.

Foonami--Check your PMs

Rhino Keeper
    Megan - You've done some great math! Thanks for that.

Ultimately, I have to wonder... If it is actually possible to spend gems in order to win the tournament, is winning actually worth it? Does it even pay for the number of gems you have to spend in order to win?

As far as I'm concerned... I just don't have that much money to spend. I like Bingo, so I'll make a small gem purchase to support the game, but I can't be shelling out the $$$ it takes to be able to even score in the top 1,000, let alone win the tournament.

I have to admit, though, it would be kind of cool to see a tournament for people who have 20 gems or less. Or a tournament where you can't spend gems at all.

So....last night I did an experiment. It took a couple days to prep but it worked. I got a super high score and I'm going to tell you how I did it.

Over the last few days, I've been saving my Free Daub power ups. Last night I bought $15 worth of gems and entered the High Stakes Tournament. When I entered, I had 9 free daubs, 2 crystal balls and 1 treasure chest. I did NOT use auto daub and I played all 8 cards. I used the instant blast as soon as possible throughout the whole round, as well as daubing the spaces that came up. At the end of the round, I waited until the timer was almost up (so I could get another instant blast in) and I bought the five extra balls. When all was said and done, I had Bingo-Ed every card AND I had blacked out two cards. This was my score:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	9597

The next two rounds weren't as high because I didn't have as many free daub spaces, but they were still pretty good. See:
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	49 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	9598Click image for larger version. 

Views:	52 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	9599

I think the secret is the free daub power ups and probably the bomb power ups. You don't want the instant Bingos because once you bingo your card, you can't earn any more points. You have to do the instant blasts and buy the extra five balls.

This was my total score:Click image for larger version. 

Views:	58 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	9600

Honestly, it wasn't that hard to do, I just had to have the patience to save up the free daub spaces and to weed out the others through normal game play. I suspect the only way the other players can get such high scores every single round is by spending a LOT of money.they would have to use mainly free daub power ups and I would either 1) take a long time to weed out the other power ups or 2) take a lot of gems to instant blast the useless power ups away during normal game play. Does that make sense?

Anyway, hope this helps some of you guys. I got 2nd place yesterday. I won 10,000 coins, 200 gems and 10 tickets.

New Resident
    I would like to know why the player named "Sherry" wins E V E R Y single day with like 100,000 points, while the 2nd place winner is usually around 10,000. I hope the developers are watching this and will remove an obvious *****er. This keeps everyone else from having the opportunity to win the top spots when one player is monopolizing first place...

It's a free game for God's sake...if someone will ***** on a free bingo game, just hope your paths don't cross in real life.

New Resident
    For the next update - whenever that may be, I'd like to see a tournament mode (or even a regular level) where power ups can't be used. It would be more of a challenge for the more experienced players, and it gives less experienced players a chance to get to the top of the leaderboards.

Anyone ever think that "sherry" is a made up person to keep you playing, striving, and buying gems? It's possible...if I developed a game that's what I'd do, create competition (with a truly unattainable score)...just saying.

I think it is sad that all these posts and no response from developers. Shows that they don't care, I find this bad business. Seriously no response that says anything? I even posted somewhere else before I saw this post and was forwarded to this thread so they are monitoring threads but just keeping us in a small box with no answers.

New Resident
    pandagurlie - Game developers that want to develop a good reputation will take the time to give us information on updates and any bugs that get fixed. I haven't seen that with this game, sadly - and I happen to like the game.

Cherrynook - Anything's possible. If she's real, I'd like to know how she keeps making the top 2 or 3. (Though to be fair, I didn't see her place in the top 3 a few days ago - she came in 4th - and yesterday she didn't place at all, so I guess she took a day off.)

Rhino Keeper
    I find it quite odd that the 2nd place holder only played one round (8 cards) and got a score of 43,600, but I played all three rounds (24 cards) and only accumulated a score of 4,300. Um, what?

Something else that's bothering me is that when I do pay for 5 extra balls, not one of the numbers called was on any of my cards. This has happened on few occasions. Definitely not happy about that!!
    Last edited by s_lynne; 10-10-14 at 11:56 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast