Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your stressful resource?!

Farm Supplier
    Rat tails
    Sap
    Troll essence

Rhino Keeper
    In no particular order--sap, glimmerdust, mermaid scales, rat tails, and iron ore. All of those various glues and essences keep me cleared out. Plus, all of the building upgrades I have left to do require enchanted beams/blocks and architects paste. I HATE architects paste 😡

New Resident
    Mermaid scales!

Rhino Keeper
    Rat tails and glimmerdust are very low in my inventory...

New Resident
    Mermaid scales right now.

How I wish we could send something from our own personal inventory to friends, because I've seen how the stressful resource changes-- I have more sap than wood right now, and more glimmerdust than either....

New Resident
    Sap used to be overly abundant, but now that I really need it for the Amphitheater and Sabina's house the drop rate has fallen.

Farm Supplier
    Sap, glimmerdust, and the silly golden apple. Does anyone notice a higher drop rate of sap per which tree you buy? I had always kind of assumed that the more you paid per tree (ie the acer trees vs. say, an oak) that you might get a higher drop rate of sap per wood. I am constantly having to make wood beams simply to not waste all the wood I have to chop trying to get some sap!

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebridge View Post
    Sap, glimmerdust, and the silly golden apple. Does anyone notice a higher drop rate of sap per which tree you buy? I had always kind of assumed that the more you paid per tree (ie the acer trees vs. say, an oak) that you might get a higher drop rate of sap per wood. I am constantly having to make wood beams simply to not waste all the wood I have to chop trying to get some sap!
    I used to wonder that too. For a while I thought crab apple trees had the highest sap rate, but I think I probably just got lucky on a couple.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebridge View Post
    maguar started a post six months ago to try to figure out which tree provided more sap and living wood. A staff member replied that all trees are supposed to drop the same amount of sap. Sorry I can not quote it because the thread was closed and forum rules don't allow you to quote closed threads

Sap is a big problem. Need 5 of it for a fancy beam. Need 4 of it for simple glue. 5 to convert to super glue. A total of 27 is needed for 3 super glues. Then another 10 for builder's paste. Therefore, 37 sap for one builder's paste, 72 sap for one architect's paste, and 144 sap for one magic cement. Since most buildings also require beams of some sort, the sap total only climbs.

However, the greatest source of sap is sawmills and trees. Trees take 5 energy to grow fully and then another 10 energy to chop. 15 energy spent which sometimes when you're really unlucky, you get 0-1 sap for all of that.

So, even with two level 4 wizard schools, I use a good portion of my energy growing willows and chopping them down to attempt to alleviate my sap needs.

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast