Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's a pumpkin hutch for?!

Rhino Keeper

Smile What's a pumpkin hutch for?!

So today my worthless knights brought me a pumpkin hutch from the dark caves (goodness knows why it was there) but what's it for? I thought a hutch is something you keep rabbits in. I'm a keen gardener but have never grown pumpkins - are they really aggressive, or do they keep trying to escape? Or are these a vicious pumpkin/manticore hybrid conjured up by Ivy, that will snap your fingers off as soon as you mention the word "pie"?!

Nightclub Owner
    Lol. It would be cool if they were monster pumpkins. The hutch is just a decoration. As it only comes from adventures it's not common.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Rhino Keeper
    Sorry Maguar, I knew it was a decoration. What I really meant is do these things exist in real life, or are they just a figment of Team Lava's imagination?! Having never grown pumpkins, and not living in a climate which would allow me to, I can't see why they should be put in a hutch. Anyway, I prefer the thought that Ivy has been meddling in some way and that they really are aggressive, power-mad pumpkins!

Fashion Designer
    When you Google "pumpkin hutch," this post comes up on top, lol.

Rhino Keeper
    I know that pumpkins are a type of winter squash and if kept in a dry, cool (but not cold!) place, they last for months. A lot of old houses where I live have special rooms in the basement for storing food like that. I know that in some places, small buildings that weren't connected to the main house were built for the same purpose.

Really, a "hutch" is just a place to store stuff. I've had hutches for my bunnies, but the cabinet you store your nice dishes in is also called a hutch.

Rhino Keeper
    I pulled mine out of storage and took a closer look - it looks a rabbit hutch with a fence and gate around it (and pumpkins. It appears to be designed to corral the (possibly vicious?) pumpkins, or something that EATS pumpkins, rather than as a pumpkin storage locker. Maybe it's where you stick the manticore at night to keep him from eating your sheep

Or, if you post your manticore right by, it serves as a kind of sheep dog protecting your... pumpkins?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HNO3 View Post
    I pulled mine out of storage and took a closer look - it looks a rabbit hutch with a fence and gate around it (and pumpkins. It appears to be designed to corral the (possibly vicious?) pumpkins, or something that EATS pumpkins, rather than as a pumpkin storage locker. Maybe it's where you stick the manticore at night to keep him from eating your sheep
    I need one of these as I think my manticore is eating alicorns and just dropping wing parts randomly around my kingdom.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesar49 View Post
    Sorry Maguar, I knew it was a decoration. What I really meant is do these things exist in real life, or are they just a figment of Team Lava's imagination?! Having never grown pumpkins, and not living in a climate which would allow me to, I can't see why they should be put in a hutch. Anyway, I prefer the thought that Ivy has been meddling in some way and that they really are aggressive, power-mad pumpkins!
    Ah sorry missed your point
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Host(ess)
    I just googled pumpkin hutch because my knights found me one too and I also wanted to know what one was. This post came out top. It seems that no one knows what a pumpkin hutch is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast