Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this the end of the road for me?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by journeysmom View Post
    Pet shop story is a horrid game....encourages buying from a pet shop (puppy mills), breeding animals for money and even worse, crossbreeding mutts for money, and the worst, if a puppy gets "sick" (because you did not get back to the game quick enough) you have the option to abandon your sick puppy and breed another. That game makes me shudder!
    Eew, I didn't know about the sick puppy part but yeah, that game turned my stomach. Played it to complete tge other game goals and deleted it the second I finished them.

I do enjoy the game; it's got character and creativity and there's obviously been a lot of thought put into various aspects of its creation. I think it's the most well thought out, original concept TL's got. The things that irk me... recently I'd decided my perspective needed changing- positivity is key. And hey, it's still in development! There'll be kinks to work out with any new product.

I'm not sure now. I was actually really excited about this new goal and it originally reinforced my positive outlook. But more randomness was... very disappointing. And the 'it's just a game' mentality won't fly. It's just a game? So is the NFL. So is the wii. This game requires a player's constant time diligent effort and, let's face it, money for full return. This is a product whose only value is in its ability to entertain. Customer satisfaction should be priority #1. I'm not convinced that it is.

And I'm not looking for easy street! That's boring! But randomness on top of randomness is boring and frustrating!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlfullofcherries View Post
    I do enjoy the game; it's got character and creativity and there's obviously been a lot of thought put into various aspects of its creation. I think it's the most well thought out, original concept TL's got. The things that irk me... recently I'd decided my perspective needed changing- positivity is key. And hey, it's still in development! There'll be kinks to work out with any new product.

I'm not sure now. I was actually really excited about this new goal and it originally reinforced my positive outlook. But more randomness was... very disappointing. And the 'it's just a game' mentality won't fly. It's just a game? So is the NFL. So is the wii. This game requires a player's constant time diligent effort and, let's face it, money for full return. This is a product whose only value is in its ability to entertain. Customer satisfaction should be priority #1. I'm not convinced that it is.

And I'm not looking for easy street! That's boring! But randomness on top of randomness is boring and frustrating!
    Try playing less. It works for me. No stress to complete goals. Random stuff will comes eventually so don't stress over it. By playing less, i find the game more interesting than before. LOL...maybe it just me.

I actually did decrease my playing time, believe it or not. But it's a bit depressing to think in order to enjoy this I have to stay away for a while. It's not unreasonable to expect fair and rewarding gameplay. But I do understand that the creators are trying. I wouldn't list my complaints if I didn't believe they were trying to improve the game. I'm sure gameplay of the finished product will have changed many times over by the time we get to that encased crown. I just wish we could have more concrete (great term, whoever used it first) goals, even if they are long-term, and less of the 'pluck a star from the sky' variety. Especially if they're long term.

Executive Chef
    I am also reaching the "bored now" portion of the game. Level 30, fully expanded, 5 buildings left to upgrade one or two levels, etc. so, I decided to scale back a bit and concentrate on filling up the storage unit. Instead of feeling completely manic over getting stuff done, I'm finding it much nicer to just relax and play slowly. Finding the Zen in the game, if you know what I mean. I think it's just a matter of changing your gaming strategy. I only have two badges and that's fine right now. They'll arrive when they do. In the meantime, I'll just chop wood and carry water. Wax on, wax off.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlfullofcherries View Post

ITA Bowlfullofcherries, ITA

New Resident
    I enjoy playing CS but the alicorn and t&t goals have proven impossible to achieve and are very discouraging. I am wondering if team lava had been slipped a large dose of a cruel potion by a troll!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dvt12 View Post
    I enjoy playing CS but the alicorn and t&t goals have proven impossible to achieve and are very discouraging. I am wondering if team lava had been slipped a large dose of a cruel potion by a troll!
    Patience is a virtue. I've been sending knights out on adventure from day 1 and just this week received both parts for the flying horse. Just do your thang and they will come.

Rhino Keeper
    I can't believe one of my favorites just quit due to lack of content. I am having a small crisis of my own. Really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by vchanhs View Post
    Try playing less. It works for me. No stress to complete goals. Random stuff will comes eventually so don't stress over it. By playing less, i find the game more interesting than before. LOL...maybe it just me.
    I only play once a day, usually each 'session' is about 30 minutes-2 hours, and I try to distribute my time with all of my games-not just Castle story. Currently I'm addicted to Restaurant story and Bakery story and Dragon story though. You should try playing those games as well!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast