Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What you wish you had known when you first started out playing....

What you wish you had known when you first started out playing....

• The highest exp/min food is French Toast (6exp/min) and you can do the waltz to get up to 8exp/min.
    • You need to type in STORM IDs to invite new neighbors. Pick a name people can easily enter. Ideally, your restaurant name should match your STORM ID. Otherwise you will need to paste things like username on walls to get invites.
    • Set up keyboard macros to send messages when you tip, gift or thank players. Your fingers will thank you For iOS users, this means going to Settings->General->Keyboard and setting up shortcuts.
    • Get neighbors around your level. Then it is more likely that they will gift you things you need, amd you will know what kinds of parts or food gifts they prefer.
    • Don't stress about tipping/gifting daily. This isn't a second job! Figure out your playstyle and find neighbors who are ok with that. Similarly, don't expect everyone to be as frequent a player as you are! if you're not cool with a 'lazy' neighbor, just remove them. Simple.

What other advice do you have for your fellow players?

Executive Chef
    I wish I'd known what a box was. Should not have wasted my gems on dem things real early.

My advice to new players: Don't buy boxes till you know the rules with them.

I noticed that you mention a waltz will make you 8 exp a minute? What is a waltz in RS?

New Resident

keyboard macros how the heck do I set those up on my android galaxy s3

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrian View Post
    • The highest exp/min food is French Toast (6exp/min) and you can do the waltz to get up to 8exp/min.
    • You need to type in STORM IDs to invite new neighbors. Pick a name people can easily enter. Ideally, your restaurant name should match your STORM ID. Otherwise you will need to paste things like username on walls to get invites.
    • Set up keyboard macros to send messages when you tip, gift or thank players. Your fingers will thank you For iOS users, this means going to Settings->General->Keyboard and setting up shortcuts.
    • Get neighbors around your level. Then it is more likely that they will gift you things you need, amd you will know what kinds of parts or food gifts they prefer.
    • Don't stress about tipping/gifting daily. This isn't a second job! Figure out your playstyle and find neighbors who are ok with that. Similarly, don't expect everyone to be as frequent a player as you are! if you're not cool with a 'lazy' neighbor, just remove them. Simple.

What other advice do you have for your fellow players?

Banned
    I wish I'd known you canNOT store your counter and expect the food on it, to be in storage too!

Quote Originally Posted by blondiezach View Post
    I noticed that you mention a waltz will make you 8 exp a minute? What is a waltz in RS?
    I first heard of the method here:

It is actually much higher than 8exp/min, but it doesn't earn you any money. You basically start cooking, swap to another food dish and swap back. if you have an easy stove you instantly get 6exp each time you switch.

I wished that I would have known that 49 gems to unlock appliance meant you only get 1 appliance. I was so mad.

Farm Supplier
    I had the benefit of starting over when I got a new tablet, and I chose to do that rather than transfer so that I could have a fresh start. Here's what I learned the second time around.

Don't worry about decorating at first. You don't have everything unlocked yet for decorations and probably don't have a good idea of what style you want to go with anyway. Plus, you need to focus on making money and leveling up as fast as possible at first. Later, you'll make enough money to buy any item sold for coins, but for now, it's too easy to blow through every cent you have.

Find neighbors fast. They can help you so much. Try posting on the Add Me forum.

Stop worrying about tipping so much. It takes a ton of time and offers very little value once you're past the lowest levels.

Once you're past the lowest levels, find neighbors that fit your style of play. Weed out ones that send gifts you don't need (taking up a gift spot so that better gifts can't come through) and never answer requests. Focus on collecting parts, because later when you need to build 10 of the same machine to master the 3-6 recipes on it, you'll need those parts desperately. I recently built 7 machines one after another in a 5-minute time frame without requesting one part. That's what stockpiling parts will do for you.

Understand the rules about gifts and part requests. You can receive 20 gifts from neighbors per day. You can also receive 20 part requests. If you send more than 20 requests, they will take a while to reach your neighbors and be accepted. That's fine, but keep it in mind.

Host(ess)
    Not waste gems trying to finish up a 5 minute item. \

Be patient and not try to buy everything at once - you'll have more cash and would be able to reap the rewards when the task comes around.

Not stress about gifts/tips. I'm happy to report I no longer tip/gift daily. If someone needs something, just ask. But I have way too many neighbors and play too many games. I always fulfill requests.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast