Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Rise Massacre Cup (PRMC)

Exclamation Phoenix Rise Massacre Cup (PRMC)

PUSH:

Massacre after PRMC: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....hon-Massacre-2

Massacre currently in progress: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....899#post852899

So... The time has come to pull up our big boy britches. The show must go on.
    As a previous winner and host of the massacre cups that originated in World War, I am taking the liberty of hosting the next cup. The concept of the upcoming cup is stated below.

Firstly, I will explain my reasoning behind this unprecedented action.
    1. The most recent cup host has gone missing.
    2. Usually the runner up or winner hosts the next event. However, two participants showed for the last event. In order for an event to be legitimate there must be at least four participants. Should the event fail, the host is to re-host the event. But alas, refer back to 1.
    3. The last participants never received their prize points, therefore it is not fair to ask them to host the next event. Refer to 1.
    4. Taking a look at previous cup statistics, I believe I hold the spark needed to bring back the flame of the massacre cups. I'm not being cocky either. All past cup links would have been posted at the bottom; however the revamp of the forum site deleted all the old massacre posts... So! You'll just have to take my word for it. Refer to 2.
    5. I lied. I was being cocky. But do you see anyone else being as selfless as me, beotches?

The aim of the cup is simple. Wreak as much havoc as you can. Farm, raise hell, chase deaths, destroy clans, decimate campers, etc. For those of you who do this on a daily basis, great! There's an even bigger incentive for you then. Read all the way to the bottom...

The Phoenix Rise Massacre Cup will be held from July 28 to August 3, 2013.
    In Greek mythology the phoenix is cyclically regenerated or reborn. The phoenix rises from the ashes of its former self and obtains new life. And voila! You've now learned a little something extra about Greek mythology and phoenixes. Who ever said gaming was useless? Just a little side fact and allusion to the changes the game has gone through... I thought it was quite brilliant.

NOW PAY ATTENTION. During the massacre time period, the event itself will only last 72 hours for the individual! This means that between these 7 days, YOU are able to control which 3 CONSECUTIVE days you wish to play. The 72 hours will begin as soon as you post your starting ss. The ending ss must be posted BEFORE the 72 hour duration is over, NOT A MINUTE AFTER! I hope that this flexibility will encourage participation.

Oh. Did I forget to mention something? This event will NOT take place unless 30 people have signed up one week prior to the start date.

This will not, hopefully, be the last massacre to be held. That all depends on you, the players. LTG has ruined many things. The annoying spam bots have ruined things. S8's err... Incompetency has ruined things (cough recent vamp of forums...). Will future massacres fade away as well? I hope not. I hope that the changing tides of the games will cause us to think outside the box, break away from the norm, and (return to the old day of play and) evolve our strategies and techniques.

There are no pros or cons for participating in this massacre except the attempt to liven up these stale and dead games.

The winning formula is quite simple (kudos to Sparrow).

To win, one must have the highest score after considering these factor changes (Stats final - stats initial) during the massacre:

(****s+2*death)*exp^2/(win+loss)

Don't worry if you don't understand this. Actually, you should. Like I said above, it's very simple. What you really want: ****s, deaths, experience. The losses and wins have been added together in the denominator in an attempt to calculate all the actual fighting you have done and, you got it, discourage win-giving fluffers.

Let me get one thing straight. I don't care that *some* people don't like the idea of ****s being in this formula (it was an issue a year ago; therefore I will address it now before it is brought up again). All of the games have been hit with LTG. The game has advanced at a frightening speed in some frightening directions. Thus, this calls for a little reformation in the old school style of playing these games.

DEATHS are an indicator of the anger, frustration and mayhem you have caused and are weighted accordingly. EXP is weighted as it lessens the impact of people using other pusher accounts to give themselves experience points (and remember, your wins are counted in the denominator...). WINS show that you are at least... Winning something, whether it be through your attacks or others' attacks. LOSSES, to me, have less of a relevance. Everyone knows that an attack account can be beat pretty easily. Everyone knows that losses will be imminent. So be smart, be sly, and be cunning.
    The formula isn't hard. Mix things up and stop hiding behind your precious stats...

Sparrow's shpeal (he's getting soft, I would NEVER give you THIS MANY hints): (****s + 2*deaths) makes deaths twice as valuable as ****s. It also weights attacking because the only way to get deaths legitimately is to piss someone off. ****s is a factor because pitching and batting should be an option that allows someone to increase their score. Also, it discourages exclusively attacking off the list because deaths don't come that way. Exp^2/(win+loss) -Very simple concept. If you farm, you will get experience. For each win you get, you should average about 3.5 exp per win. So for each win, although the denominator increases by 1, the numerator is increasing by about 12.25. This also prevents the win helpers from taking a positive affect in the cup since wins without exp will decrease your score.

For anyone who doesn't fancy math, you have no math calculations to worry about. I will handle all the math from your screenshots, it's your job is to raise hell, submit your screenshots, and most importantly, have fun! If you do have any additional questions about the formula or the massacre, please feel free to pm me.

Communication details: For easier communication between you the contestant and myself, I will be using a third-party application named palringo for communication. You will be pmed the pal room when you register. If you don't have this app, you can install it in the android market or the apple app store. If you choose not to use palringo, you will not be penalized in any fashion, you will just have to pm me here.

How to join:
    1. Post in this thread that you?d like to join ("I would like to join") and which game you plan to use ("I will be using Pets Live"). After that, please private message me your game name and code so I can send you an invite and pass you the pal room. ("My game name is ____ and my code is ____")

The Rules
    1: At the start and end of the Massacre you must post a Screen Shot of your profile either here or in the Pal room. Droid users: if you cannot take a Screen Shot I will take it for you.

2: You can do a maximum of 10 missions during the Cup, any missions after that will incur a penalty of 1000 points which will be deducted from your Experience. Your free 10 missions could enable you to level up and recharge your ammo so use them wisely!

3. *For droid users who cannot take screenshots I will your scores by checking your profiles and an exp chart found on the forums.

4. Please. Don't use minis, win giver accounts, pushers, whatever you call them! in conjunction with the account you have entered. That just defeats the purpose of causing havoc... If you want to stat fluff, do it on your own time.

5. NO AND I REPEAT NO LTGED ACCOUNTS ARE PERMITTED TO ENTER. I'm as anti-LTG as it gets. Anti-LTG poster gal present! (Crazily waves pompoms)

And now for those who took the time to read up until now, I have to confess that I made a little fib.

Storm8 has generously given 1000 honour points to this event. The prizes have been broken down as follows:

1st place will receive a total of honour (favor, etc.) 600 points

2nd place will receive a total of 250 (favor, etc.) honour points

3rd place will receive a total of 150 (favor, etc.) honour points.

Ah yes. Recruitment bonuses. Sharing is caring, remember? For every player you recruit to join this massacre, you will be awarded 75 exp points to your total tally before calculations.

You have the flexibility to play when you want. You aren't bogged down with the duty of holding the next event. You'll get to meet other like-minded players throughout the s8 games (and maybe even do a little clan networking). What do you have to lose? Try it. I dare you.
    Last edited by pricocious; 02-19-14 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Massacre updates

New Resident
    I'm still I'm despite S8 messing with what doesn't need to be messed with. Still using a WW account to play. And I got first post again

In in imob

Quote Originally Posted by Kikara View Post
    I'm still I'm despite S8 messing with what doesn't need to be messed with. Still using a WW account to play. And I got first post again
    Quote Originally Posted by vgl0593 View Post
    In in imob
    Vgl gets negative points but everyone else is safe!

Executive Chef
    Man these cups are just not the same with the missing old timers.

I would like to join. I will be using WW.

I'll message my game details after I create a new character. (In the next few hours - provided I remember).

Edit: Ha, I did not remember to create the character. I'll do that soon and will send over the info.
    Last edited by trenae; 06-09-13 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo26 View Post
    Why is this in the off-topic section? It's ON topic to S8 games...
    It was originally in the Storm8 updates and announcements but was moved by a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by trenae View Post
    Man these cups are just not the same with the missing old timers.

I would like to join. I will be using WW.

I'll message my game details after I create a new character. (In the next few hours - provided I remember).

Edit: Ha, I did not remember to create the character. I'll do that soon and will send over the info.
    You're in! Just pm me on pal your info when you have it made. Welcome aboard!

New Resident
    Eh.... My game is VL and my code is Q5H4WR....

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker01 View Post
    Eh.... My game is VL and my code is Q5H4WR....
    Added on Omen, please link me. I've also pmed you the pal room. Welcome!

New Resident
    I'm here song please

New Resident
    Games Vampires live, FPCUP2 is my code

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast