Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Merging all Storm8, TeamLava, FireMocha and Shark Party forums to one portal!

Executive Chef
    All of the forum glitches are still here like post editing. On the old storm8 you could edit posts but not teamlava.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    Okay. So the forums have been merged to try and solve the problems I ranted about summers ago.
    When could we expect signatures (if so) and uploading our own avatars?
    Is my question going to be ignored? Nothing has changed about the forums after the Storm8 theme was changed. I still can't have an avatar or signature.

Executive Chef
    I wonder if this forum will ever be fixed.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    Is my question going to be ignored? Nothing has changed about the forums after the Storm8 theme was changed. I still can't have an avatar or signature.
    I don't think these things are going to change, so there's the answer
    I like the forum style the way it is though and would hate everyone having annoying signatures and graphics.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    One child, TL, has grown so big it overshadows its parent company storm8 Now that makes a proud parent haha.
    No. Storm8 and TL are parent. They got married and had two childs : ST and FM ^^

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    I like the forum style the way it is though and would hate everyone having annoying signatures and graphics.
    I'm with you on that one. Having 100x100 or smaller non-animated avatars would be really cool, but when it comes to signatures, everyone always wants to advertise something, or have big annoying animated banners, and IMHO, that's highly irritating when I came here to read the POSTS, not your name in flashing glitter.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    I'm with you on that one. Having 100x100 or smaller non-animated avatars would be really cool, but when it comes to signatures, everyone always wants to advertise something, or have big annoying animated banners, and IMHO, that's highly irritating when I came here to read the POSTS, not your name in flashing glitter.
    I totally agree with you!!! Also on mobile devices it would be even worse, since pages there load slower than on a pc.

Nightclub Owner
    I don't think these things are going to change, so there's the answer
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Tell them you desperately want signatures & avatars and you'll probably never get it. Don't you know by now how it works?!!!
    I'm with you two though. I'd like the ability to edit my posts but am not a fan of signatures unless we have cute little ones like Kooky
    But even with the editing of signatures, the pros and cons of that have been debated to death here as well. Perhaps it could be allowed but with the ability of users to see the edit history, in a similar manner to facebook but with no ability to delete one's post. Only CMs/mods would still retain that ability. But where the mods remove a post there should be the empty "post" marked deleted and an explanation given.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    But where the mods remove a post there should be the empty "post" marked deleted and an explanation given.
    This is so necessary, especially when people have already seen a post and come back later asking where it went, and the people who don't know what they're talking about are left scratching their heads. There are explanations on edits, why not deletions?!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Tell them you desperately want signatures & avatars and you'll probably never get it. Don't you know by now how it works?!!!
    I'm with you two though. I'd like the ability to edit my posts but am not a fan of signatures unless we have cute little ones like Kooky
    But even with the editing of signatures, the pros and cons of that have been debated to death here as well. Perhaps it could be allowed but with the ability of users to see the edit history, in a similar manner to facebook but with no ability to delete one's post. Only CMs/mods would still retain that ability. But where the mods remove a post there should be the empty "post" marked deleted and an explanation given.
    I can definitely understand not having a signature for everyone besides the CMs and Moderators.
    But I would still like to be able to click on a user's name to PM or access their profile, etc. faster.
    Avatars help define who we are. There are a lot of people with similar Storm8 IDs or IDs consisting of strictly numbers (and some with numbers and letters). I feel, that with an avatar, this will give us the chance to at least show off a bit of personality that everyone will see; besides going to your profile and seeing your profile picture.
    This is just my thought.