Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Merging all Storm8, TeamLava, FireMocha and Shark Party forums to one portal!

Merging all Storm8, TeamLava, FireMocha and Shark Party forums to one portal!

Hey everyone!

We've just updated the vBulletin version and merged all of the existing forums (Storm8, TeamLava, FireMocha, Shark Party) to one single portal. Going forward, all of the forums can be accessed through a single link, https://forums.storm8.com.

Why merge the forums together instead of keeping them separate?

1. One link to rule them all! Visiting https://forums.storm8.com will allow visibility of any game community you are looking for. The old links will all redirect back to this one.
    2. You will only need to sign in once instead of up to 4 different times, once for each individual forum brand. Log in with your Storm8 ID and password and you're set to post in any game community.
    3. Patching and updating vBulletin will be faster, so we have time to investigate ongoing customization issues (avatars, signatures). We'll only need to update one database instead of four.

Are there any issues expected from merging the forums?

1. Before, each forum had its own database, so we are unable to keep all four and merge them together. We can only build off of one database as the main data, so some players will see their user info has been recent or the post history is gone.
    2. Also, some threads and post are unable to be merged over due to conflicting data, so we had to manually move over as many important posts and threads as we could. Please let us know if there was information from the previous forums that did not make it over and we will take a look if we can find it.
    3. The forum styles may not look pretty right now, but we will continually work on polishing the designs so the forums look better, but definitely feel free to share feedback on how forum designs.

Within the forum exists an active and vocal community, which is why we want to continue improving the forum to provide a better experience for everyone. Thank you for bearing with the maintenance while we worked on merging the forums.

Host(ess)
    Just got on and it sucks����

Banned
    Don't like it.... It should start fresh so I can post with my other ID

Grand Emperor
    Whoa what happened? It's easier to post advanced features

Grand Emperor
    And now I can't post normal size.

Grand Emperor
    Oops ignore that. ⇧⇧⇧

It still seems as though TL makes up the majority of the users, which is good. Means we won't be completely overtaken.
    If you need anything, send me a PM. I'll be glad to help.

Only playing Castle Story these days, but feel free to add me! If you gift me, I'll always gift you back ASAP!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bawpotter View Post
    It still seems as though TL makes up the majority of the users, which is good. Means we won't be completely overtaken.
    We won't be overtaken! We'll have to have a smackdown ufc style if that happens.

Grand Emperor
    *cue bigbux asking about avatars and signatures in 3, 2,........

Actually, it almost seems although this is just TL forums with a few empty new forums for other divisions of S8. Luckily, they decided to use TL as the base forum and add on the other divisions to TL.
    If you need anything, send me a PM. I'll be glad to help.

Only playing Castle Story these days, but feel free to add me! If you gift me, I'll always gift you back ASAP!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast