Thread: Does Apple Charge A Tax?

Rhino Keeper

Does Apple Charge A Tax?

I used to play on an Android phone but I switched to my iPod because it's a lot better. I've taken out gems several times and noticed that I've been charged a few dollars extra. Today I was charged $15.98 but there was a 30% sale so I should have been charged $13.99. On the 13th of May I took out gems again and should have been charged $13.99 but I was charged $14.99. On the 6th of May I was charged $4.27 and should have been $3.99. Should I take this up with Apple or is there a reason why Apple has been charging me extra?

Rhino Keeper
    Also on the 30th of April I was charged $14.75. Is there a tax?

Rhino Keeper
    My Android always took out the correct amount. I'm disappointed to just realize this now.

Executive Chef
    Yes, I noticed that too. When I played on iPod, the sale price weren't actually what you got charged, that's why I stopped buying gems on iOS devices. They should tell you exact price from the start, so you don't get a surprise bill, it made me feel *****ed. This is especially important if you use iTunes card or debit card and need to know exactly what is getting charged so you don't have to pay overdraf fee when your bank account is low.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for responding. I'm going to have to start buying gems on my phone again then disappointing that Apple doesn't tell customers they charge an in-app purchase tax. The company is going downhill. Have you seen the new computers? Most don't come with a disk drive or adequate ports. Don't even get me started on the latest iTunes update. They are making it worse >___< the only reason I own an Apple product is because I need a portable music device and so far iPod is the best device for that.

The Honorable Panda
    In some states you will get charged sales tax on purchases.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Do you know how I could figure that out? I live in MN.

Rhino Keeper
    LOL nvm I'm gonna forget about it and just start buying gift cards or using ******. Thanks for your time though!

The Honorable Panda
    The forum really cannot help with this, I would advise send an email to apple to check on the charges.
    Good Luck.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request