Page 80 of 105 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

Executive Chef
    I hate auto correct...SO many energy allowance, NOT do many

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    Ok I've asked whether or not the badges were random. They're not. There are specific tasks that need to be done, the tasks are the same but may be done in different ways (of a similar nature).
    For all the people out there that have nothing elce to do, I have a new theory. According to the above post, the tasks are the same, but can be done is a slightly different way. What if is not random at all? What if you need to do a random task (vary by person) and THEN water or collect from crops. Just a thought.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kittensabc View Post
    For all the people out there that have nothing elce to do, I have a new theory. According to the above post, the tasks are the same, but can be done is a slightly different way. What if is not random at all? What if you need to do a random task (vary by person) and THEN water or collect from crops. Just a thought.
    Done IN a slightly different way. What if IT is not random at all,

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty_Wench View Post
    Yes, but it's clearly not a specific number for, say, the Farmer's Badge. Some people have gotten the badge from harvesting nothing but ~60 strawberries. Others have harvested maybe a thousand crops (including strawberries) and have not gotten it. I don't mean to say it's random as in getting a badge for something totally unrelated, but random as in harvesting a crop has a x% chance of getting the farmer's badge. Maybe the chance from each crop would be different (i.e. higher chance for carrots than for corn), but it would still just be a random chance per action.
    Sorry, but I hate T&T, I been doing everything, watering, battling beats, mining, etc, etc and I have just the explorer's badge. I hate TL, on June 16th, will be 4 months that I got my wing, and I have no alicorn, even-thou going to adventures every day. Maybe TL does not like my kingdom, because I do not buy gems, sorry, but I'm unemployed

Today I received 2 badges
    in 5 minutes. The mining badge and the nurturer badge

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    Ok I've asked whether or not the badges were random. They're not. There are specific tasks that need to be done, the tasks are the same but may be done in different ways (of a similar nature).
    I don't know if anyone has tried it yet (I haven't read all 80 pages, sorry) but seeing what TL told maguar about specific tasks that need to be done, the tasks are the same but may be done in different ways (of a similar nature) I thought of the following:

Maybe we have to do a certain number of tasks in a row (specific tasks that need to be done).
    For example, for nurturer badge, we need to water a number of plants, for instance 40, without doing anything else in between.

We can choose the exact thing you do, as far as they still belong to the kind of action (the tasks are the same but may be done in different ways , of a similar nature).
    Keeping my previous example: for nurturer badge, we can water 20 mushrooms then 20 flowers OR water 10 mushrooms, water 10 flowers, water 5 mushrooms, water 5 trees, water 10 flowers OR water 10 mushrooms, water 20 flowers, water 10 trees, etc. As far as we do only that action (watering) and nothing else, that would work. Instead, if we water 10 mushrooms, collect from your kitchen, water 20 flowers, collect from a building, water 10 trees, that shouldn't work.

For all those who have the badges, does it fit what you did? (Please, keep in mind that the number 40 is just an example)

Fashion Designer
    And we don't know if any number of actions counts accumulation before T&T hit. If that's the case, the person who got nurturer for collecting a scant amount of strawberries may have already hit other numbers of things.

All in all, this goal is one not to dwell on or specifically try to achieve. I think it's designed to award badges for comprehensive gameplay, and while I hated it at first because I was hungry for more targeted goals (that didn't come right then), I'm ok with that.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by arale_norimaki View Post
    I don't know if anyone has tried it yet (I haven't read all 80 pages, sorry) but seeing what TL told maguar about specific tasks that need to be done, the tasks are the same but may be done in different ways (of a similar nature) I thought of the following:

Maybe we have to do a certain number of tasks in a row (specific tasks that need to be done).
    For example, for nurturer badge, we need to water a number of plants, for instance 40, without doing anything else in between.

We can choose the exact thing you do, as far as they still belong to the kind of action (the tasks are the same but may be done in different ways , of a similar nature).
    Keeping my previous example: for nurturer badge, we can water 20 mushrooms then 20 flowers OR water 10 mushrooms, water 10 flowers, water 5 mushrooms, water 5 trees, water 10 flowers OR water 10 mushrooms, water 20 flowers, water 10 trees, etc. As far as we do only that action (watering) and nothing else, that would work. Instead, if we water 10 mushrooms, collect from your kitchen, water 20 flowers, collect from a building, water 10 trees, that shouldn't work.

For all those who have the badges, does it fit what you did? (Please, keep in mind that the number 40 is just an example)
    But then those darn monsters pop up and block ways. When the monsters are around I don't think you can get a badge.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilipipi View Post
    But then those darn monsters pop up and block ways. When the monsters are around I don't think you can get a badge.
    Honestly, if the monsters keep you from getting the badge then it is crazy hard! I was in the middle of watering non stop to try my theory and a troll popped up. I left it there and kept watering, so we will see what happens. I am planning on watering non stop up to 100 times :P

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilipipi View Post
    Got my badge while watering the third mushroom after some fishing. So whatever the task is, its not watering continuously.