Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1041

Thread: Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

Fashion Designer
    I'm holding steady at 5 out of 10. I keep looking for my trader's badge as I always have something going, especially the higher end trades. I have a feeling it's going to take me awhile to get my artisan's. I'm plumb out of sap.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    I'm holding steady at 5 out of 10. I keep looking for my trader's badge as I always have something going, especially the higher end trades. I have a feeling it's going to take me awhile to get my artisan's. I'm plumb out of sap.
    Oh, that's higher end for my tier. I might have to wait a lot longer since I've restrained myself from collecting from the magic garden to keep my Rare Fruit Trade from upgrading to Magic Fruit Trade. Ah well... it will come eventually.

Rhino Keeper
    I got the Chef's badge out of the blue this morning while collecting a Simple Feast from my kitchen. These badges honestly still feel quite random to me. I always have a trade going, continually plant & harvest crops, Adventure daily, make more beams & blocks than I can count, & have made all of the glues & pastes except magic cement. I have enough magic cement for the Knight's Hall upgrade, should I ever get it, & I am not convinced that making it will get me the badge.

Fashion Designer
    yea i agree it can feel random at first. so i'd just go about your normal business. and as soon as the badges start rolling in, then focus on the remaining badges. i didn't start focusing my energy until after i received around 5-6 of them. farming will go hand in hand with chef's badge, since you need crops to make ingredients for the feasts. nurturer and brewer's badge sort of go together, because you can chop down trees for sap. key is to find a good balance of using your energy so that your workshops, kitchens, potion shops, and royal exchange are never going unused. miner and slayer seem to be one of the first ones to pop up. so long as you continuously mine and never trap any of your monsters. and for artisan i made a healthy mix of beams and blocks (from the simple ones up to the ornate ones). explorer will be harder for newer players, but easier for us veterans.

and adventure... no clue! i'm just going to try to do at least 2 of each adventure and go from there. i've done at least one of each so far, and no badge yet. but for the rest of the badges, there is definitely a rhyme and reason to getting them.

Fashion Designer
    oh yea i think someone already pointed this out. but for the chef's badge, i also made use of the love shack and made a lot of valentine feasts. so i had to sacrifice some trades at the royal exchange (eggs & dairy trade) because you need 25 milk for the feast.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    oh yea i think someone already pointed this out. but for the chef's badge, i also made use of the love shack and made a lot of valentine feasts. so i had to sacrifice some trades at the royal exchange (eggs & dairy trade) because you need 25 milk for the feast.
    This might help get the badge quicker if there is a total count that triggers the chef's badge, but it's not necessary if you don't want to make any Valentine's Feasts. I got the chef's badge about a week ago, and I haven't made a Valentine's Feast since the one that was required for the quest that I made months ago.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty_Wench View Post
    This might help get the badge quicker if there is a total count that triggers the chef's badge, but it's not necessary if you don't want to make any Valentine's Feasts. I got the chef's badge about a week ago, and I haven't made a Valentine's Feast since the one that was required for the quest that I made months ago.
    I did end up making one Valentine's Feast & have done the Valentine's Adventure once since T&T came out. I also made multiples of all of the other feasts, and have done all of the other adventures. My husband didn't think that we would necessarily have to do the Vday stuff, since newer players wouldn't have it, but I wanted to be on the safe side. i figured that the game would KNOW that I had a Love Shack, LOL! It sures seems to know when I need a resource, & when it no longer matters! Now that I only need rat tails for Ivy's hot sauce and the Belladonna trade, I have plenty. When I needed them to bake the Yummy pies for the glimmer trove quest, I could all of the sudden harvest acres of wheat & sugar cane with not a skunkupine to be found. Harvested 9 plots this morning, & fought off two of them.

Fashion Designer
    yea i doubt it's necessary especially since new players won't have access to a love shack. just a tip for those who were impatient and wanted an extra resource for making feasts besides the kitchen.

Rhino Keeper
    Just got my brewers badge from simple glue. 7 down 3 to go.

Okay, so when this goal first came out, I was one of the ones that had a 200 skip button for the different quest. A week or so later, they all changed to a 50 skip button. Yesterday, they changed to a 100 skip button. Anyone else experience this? I am not to concerned about it since I am just playing and figure I will get the badges in due time, but am curious as to why my skip amount has changed 3 times. At first I thought they went down to 50 because i was getting closer to completing the goals but then they went up to 100.