Thread: Pets Live - FAQ for Beginners

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar

Pets Live - FAQ for Beginners

Class is in session! Learn all you can about caring for your pets before you venture off campus.

What are Master Points and how do I get them?

Master Points are a special currency that can be used to boost your growth or change certain aspects of your character (such as name). You can view the various ways to spend your Master Points by visiting Dr. Wil in-game. This page also contains links to the AppStore where you can purchase Master Points for a small price (all prices are in US Dollars). We also release occasional promotional offers that may allow you to get free Master Points.

How can I gain experience so that I can reach higher levels?

There are 3 ways of gaining experience: attacking other players and winning the Battle, being attakced by other players and winning the Battle (does not apply to battles won through the Discipline List), and by completing Quests.

How do I make money?

You can make money either by buying Habitats (which provide an hourly Income) or through winning Battles against trainers who have not stored their coins in the bank.

Why am I losing money!?

You are losing Battles without putting your money in the Bank for safekeeping. To avoid losing money to players attacking you, be sure to place your money in your Bank as often as possible.

How do I add people to my Team?

To add people to your Team you must first get their Team Code. The easiest way to get Team Codes is to get people you know to play so that you can ask them for their Code personally. You can also find the Codes of other users in-game by clicking on their names (either from the Battle screen, the Discipline screen, or Comment/Broadcast Boards) and checking their own Comments to see if they have posted their Code for the general public to find. You can post your own Code on your Comments Board (accessed through My Profile) so that other users can find you as well. There is also an Add Me section of the Forums where players can share their Codes with the rest of the community.

What do I do if someone invites me to their Team?

If you get a request by another player to join their Team and you accept, then you will be added to their Team and they will automatically be added to yours. There are no negative consequences to declining an invitation to join a player's Team.

How does fighting work and how do I use my Team members?

When you fight you will automatically use your 4 strongest Pets. Each Pet will use every Common Ability that you have learned as well as all Abilities from that Pet's particular element (for example, Torch can use Fire Abilities) that you have learned. The more Team members you have, the stronger you can make your Pets and Abilities.

What is the Discipline List?

By offering a reward you may place a trainer on the Discipline List and have other players attack that player for you. Players who knock-out the enemy on the Discipline list will be rewarded with the money you offered. Add enemies on the Discipline list by accessing their profiles. View the Discipline List by tapping the Discipline tab on the Battle page.

How can I transfer my character(s) to a new device?

By setting up a Storm8 Account you can transfer all of your characters from all of your installed Storm8 games to a new device (either an iPhone or an iPod Touch). Please note that setting up a Storm8 Account in any of our games will link that Account to all Storm8 games/characters on your device.

To set up a Storm8 Account please follow the instructions below:

1. In any of our games tap the Settings button from the Home screen.
    2. Select the Storm8 tab.
    3. In the fields on the bottom of the screen enter your desired Username, your e-mail address, and your password and tap the Create Account button.

To transfer a Storm8 Account to a new device follow the steps below:

1. In any of our games tap the Settings button from the Home screen.
    2. Select the Storm8 tab.
    3. Tap the Start/Resume Transfer button.
    4. Select New Device.
    5. In the fields on the bottom of the screen enter your Username and your password and tap the Transfer button.

Voila! You should now be able to access your old device's character in any of our games on your new device.

p.s., Please post codes in another thread. There is another "Add Me" thread.

the game looks interesting. I think I will try it