Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes - Please leave feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Hagerson View Post
    My optimism stems directly from the fact that CSM is no longer my most played game anymore. I've been collecting my coins but have basically taken a break from the game until the update arrives. I'm excited to get back to it once the update is here but until then ill be doin other things.
    Well, I'm not too optimistic in things anymore, so I'm going to correct you here: "I'm excited to get back to if the update is here..."
    I just don't think there will be one.

Rhino Keeper
    I understand the pessimism some of you have. But there is no need for negativity. Software development always get delayed for some reasons. First you have to analyse the changes, then implement them. At this stage, you have an alpha version, or a prototype if you will, to present to your project manager for approval. MHz said that his presentation went well, but surely he had corrections to do after that presentation. After the proposed corrections, you present your prototype again to your project manager until he approves it. Then you have to finalize everything and review everything just to make sure you didn't forget anything. At this stage you have a beta version. The beta version has to get through QA testing. If some issues are raised here, it's back to the drawing board. When you finally have QA approval, you can now submit your final version to Apple for approval. MHz had the kindness to request OUR approval, which surely delayed things based on our response. I just think MHz was waaaaaaaay to optimistic when he mentioned a late May/early June update, knowing that he wasn't working full time on CSM. Until the update is officially cancelled, we just have to be patient and wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lilredwitch View Post
    I understand the pessimism some of you have. But there is no need for negativity. Software development always get delayed for some reasons. First you have to analyse the changes, then implement them. At this stage, you have an alpha version, or a prototype if you will, to present to your project manager for approval. MHz said that his presentation went well, but surely he had corrections to do after that presentation. After the proposed corrections, you present your prototype again to your project manager until he approves it. Then you have to finalize everything and review everything just to make sure you didn't forget anything. At this stage you have a beta version. The beta version has to get through QA testing. If some issues are raised here, it's back to the drawing board. When you finally have QA approval, you can now submit your final version to Apple for approval. MHz had the kindness to request OUR approval, which surely delayed things based on our response. I just think MHz was waaaaaaaay to optimistic when he mentioned a late May/early June update, knowing that he wasn't working full time on CSM. Until the update is officially cancelled, we just have to be patient and wait for it.
    I'm just curious to why he hasn't said anything to us on the forum? If this is that case (what you've said above), then why couldn't he give us a status update?

From another software developer's point of view, I totally understand the delay of software development. It happens all the time. But it is VERY important to update your stakeholders of where things stand. And if it's bad news, people's responses will be more positive if they have been in kept in the loop throughout, versus being dropped a bomb. I cannot help speculating that this version is being discontinued, then I suppose people's responses are not important. Probably that's why they wait to say anything until the last minute?

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just urging the moderators or whoever, it doesn't have to be MHz, why is he the only one we're counting on anyways, to respond.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    Well, I'm not too optimistic in things anymore, so I'm going to correct you here: "I'm excited to get back to if the update is here..."
    I just don't think there will be one.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    I'm just curious to why he hasn't said anything to us on the forum? If this is that case (what you've said above), then why couldn't he give us a status update?
    You beat me to it bigbux3, I was going to ask the same thing. I'm not a software developer, I'm an educator. It sounds like software development is complicated; however, why the silence from MHz and TL?

Quote Originally Posted by skxuelin View Post
    From another software developer's point of view, I totally understand the delay of software development. It happens all the time. But it is VERY important to update your stakeholders of where things stand. And if it's bad news, people's responses will be more positive if they have been in kept in the loop throughout, versus being dropped a bomb. I cannot help speculating that this version is being discontinued, then I suppose people's responses are not important. Probably that's why they wait to say anything until the last minute?

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just urging the moderators or whoever, it doesn't have to be MHz, why is he the only one we're counting on anyways, to respond.

Thank you.
    Thanks, this explanation makes since. Unfortunately you are probably correct.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by truckstep View Post
    You beat me to it bigbux3, I was going to ask the same thing. I'm not a software developer, I'm an educator. It sounds like software development is complicated; however, why the silence from MHz and TL?
    If you follow the other TL forums, you will notice that the communication is almost non existant. They release updates and major changes without informing players. MHz had the kindness to keep us informed and gave us a preview. By doing so, he created anticipation. Just be patient my friends...

Kindness or Good Business?

Quote Originally Posted by lilredwitch View Post
    If you follow the other TL forums, you will notice that the communication is almost non existant. They release updates and major changes without informing players. MHz had the kindness to keep us informed and gave us a preview. By doing so, he created anticipation. Just be patient my friends...
    Sure it was vey nice of MHz to inform us of the updates and communicate with us; however, do you find it odd that he stopped communicating with us? Especially since others have stated that he has been logging in. Additionally, should we feel grateful that someone from TL actually communicates with us on this forum or should our way of thinking be that they should communicate with us on all of the game's forums? I mean it's not like TL is doing us any favors. Team Lava is a business, a lucrative one at that. How about customer service? Other business' gauge customer opinion and satisfaction through surveys, at TL MHz (used to) gauge it through this forum. One more point, is it kindness or good business to communicate with your customers?

Quote Originally Posted by truckstep View Post
    Sure it was vey nice of MHz to inform us of the updates and communicate with us; however, do you find it odd that he stopped communicating with us? Especially since others have stated that he has been logging in. Additionally, should we feel grateful that someone from TL actually communicates with us on this forum or should our way of thinking be that they should communicate with us on all of the game's forums? I mean it's not like TL is doing us any favors. Team Lava is a business, a lucrative one at that. How about customer service? Other business' gauge customer opinion and satisfaction through surveys, at TL MHz (used to) gauge it through this forum. One more point, is it kindness or good business to communicate with your customers?
    Good business, because that's what this is; a business!
    That's how you keep customers!