Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes - Please leave feedback!

How exciting! The changes you mentioned sound great. I am looking forward to everything you are planning. I don't have any specific ideas but there are a couple things I just want to say about changes and this game that are important to me.

1. I like that I have stuff other people don't. It makes me feel special. Please don't bring back retired things. Having retired stuff is the reward for sticking to a game for a long period of time.

2. Please make a nice mix of short term homes and long term homes. I would pay more for homes that pay better over a longer period of time (less clicking). Same with businesses, industries, etc. The mix is not so great right now.

3. The Gem making building for new players is awesome, but how about something even better for your loyal fans who keep playing even through this transition. We deserve something nice that new players can't get because they are new. I'm actually a little jealous of the idea that they can get something I can't and I think you'll have people restarting accounts under new names just for the new reward. Make it worthwhile for us "Oldies" so we feel special too.

Thanks again for the major revamp. I'm loving the changes so far, even those I know are probably temporary.

I would love a confirm button for rushing expansions. It's one of my biggest fears in the game a good reason not to buy gems in bulk. I've only been saved by the fact that I haven't had enough gems to pay for the accidental hitting of the button. When you're collecting from a hundred or so buildings of varying heights along the border, it's an easy thing to do.

Or at the very least, limit the rush window to trigger only to when you actually select within the area you are expanding. Right now it pops up if you touch ANY unexpanded area, which of course surrounds most of your city.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese_spoon View Post
    ... but all other gem traps will stay in the game, right?

I'm not still bitter at losing 700 gems to a "speed-up expansion" I didn't want - tell Boba I said hi, btw.

That aside, some very welcome changes. However, I do take umbrage to the suggestion that players over lvl 50 will have wait for others to catch up, but then I realise these changes are largely designed to make sure any new players are hooked in for the long term.
    Glad you can understand the need for these changes, and know that I have plans for all the high level players as well, but we need to make sure the ship isn't leaking water before we can embark on our epic voyage

As for the need of new confirmation dialogs, they won't be in this release, but I'll see what I can do about bringing up this issue when I'm given the chance in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by threeway5 View Post

I also HATE that you can't sell back unwanted Gem items. At least give us the opportunity to sell them back for Coins?!
    If we did that, there would be dozens of threads from players who accidentally sold their gem items for coins. I think it's better that we give players new ways to earn gems, than how to sell stuff they bought.

Quote Originally Posted by leanel14 View Post
    For me I think you change the time for all buildings. Long hour of waiting for all building with a low payoff make me bored of the game.
    This has already been mentioned. Timers are all being reduced. Industry will have contracts from 1minute-24 hours depending on what you prefer. Businesses will all be 1-30minutes, Residences will be 3m-24hrs. Community will be 8/12/24 depending on how things end up.

Quote Originally Posted by skeleton25 View Post
    I think that if you buy something with gems you shouldn't need materials to build that building .....I can deal with energy used but no materials

Because after you spent tons of gems you still need to wait couple days to build what you bought
    I agree. I'll remove the parts from the Baseball stadium and the Statue of Liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginz44 View Post
    To be honest I don't have a problem with any of the changes suggested. As a level 66 player my 3 main issues were expansions, gifting and industry contracts.

The expansions need SIXTY-FOUR permits which I think is too many. I can understand higher level players would pay more but for a 4x4 grid it shouldn't be more than 32 I think. Also the amount of time it takes for the expansion to complete is headache. 3 whole days is just too long - 24 hours should be the maximum.
    I agree, and the times will definitely be reduced. The # of permits needed is still being looked into. Since you can gift them and make them in the new City Planner's office, I think it will be less punishing already, but 64 does seem a bit high.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginz44 View Post
    With the industry contracts, the overhaul is welcoming news. The maximum you can get currently is 1080 goods in 2 hours (Idea Factory) and to supply all my businesses you need 1680 (bearing in mind I don't have ANY of the new businesses since you started the weekly update - simply because I can't afford the goods required). Personally, I would like all the current contracts at least doubled or tripled and any new contracts around the same scale (more goods = more time required). So for example - currently the VR Glasses take 2 hours and make 180 goods. I'd say this should be around 400. Also the goods cap should be around 10,000. All this should only apply to players around level 60 or over of course.
    Everything is being scaled up big time. Current designs I have planned will allow for 9 or 10 industry buildings by level 50 or so, with the capacity scaled as well. Keep in mind that the City Planner's office also counts as an industry, so you'll need to figure out whether you need goods more, or the ability to make parts/permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudturtledove View Post
    1. I like that I have stuff other people don't. It makes me feel special. Please don't bring back retired things. Having retired stuff is the reward for sticking to a game for a long period of time.
    Not everything is being brought back. All the quest items you earned through the Xmas and Halloween editions will not be made available. Some of the more unique/interesting stuff will have a low chance of success, so you still won't see everyone with the stuff you earned.

2. Please make a nice mix of short term homes and long term homes. I would pay more for homes that pay better over a longer period of time (less clicking). Same with businesses, industries, etc. The mix is not so great right now.
    Agreed the mix needs some improvement. You should see a nice mix of timers for all residences. It will span a similar mix of times that you'll see in industries:

1 Minute
    3 Minutes
    10 Minutes
    30 Minutes
    1 Minute
    3 Minutes
    10 Minutes
    30 Minutes
    1 Hour
    2 Hours
    4 Hours
    8 Hours
    12 Hours
    24 Hours

3. The Gem making building for new players is awesome, but how about something even better for your loyal fans who keep playing even through this transition. We deserve something nice that new players can't get because they are new. I'm actually a little jealous of the idea that they can get something I can't and I think you'll have people restarting accounts under new names just for the new reward. Make it worthwhile for us "Oldies" so we feel special too.
    I'm working on it, but know that my resources are extremely limited.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanharker View Post
    I would love a confirm button for rushing expansions. It's one of my biggest fears in the game a good reason not to buy gems in bulk. I've only been saved by the fact that I haven't had enough gems to pay for the accidental hitting of the button. When you're collecting from a hundred or so buildings of varying heights along the border, it's an easy thing to do.

Or at the very least, limit the rush window to trigger only to when you actually select within the area you are expanding. Right now it pops up if you touch ANY unexpanded area, which of course surrounds most of your city.
    This is probably not something I can fix in time, but please keep asking me to look into it, and I'll try to get it on the list for the next round of updates.

MHz_ can you keep all the community buildings the same at 8 hours? I like collecting all of them every 8 hours. I just prefer it that way and I'm so used to it that way.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    MHz_ can you keep all the community buildings the same at 8 hours? I like collecting all of them every 8 hours. I just prefer it that way and I'm so used to it that way.
    whatever I set them to, it will be consistent across the board. Just have to figure out what works best.. 8/12/24.. I like 8 though, as it gives players more of a reason to come back multiple times per day

If I may add, I just think You should make wonders become more interesting. After saving a lot money, spending a lot of time, but all we can get is just coins and in 22 hours ? And sparkles, I'm playing both city story and castle story. In castle story, there aren't many building that can be sparkled ( or hearted ), but the game allowed players to give 5 heart, but in city story, there are a lot of buildings need to be sparkled, but only 3 allowed. That's it from me. Thank You, and keep up Your good job.

Nice work MHz! Props to you for individually replying to all of our requests!

Do you play the game, if so what is your city?

On a side note, seeing as every player has Stormy as a neighbour, could you put all new content in there for us to see, that would be great :-)

To all players reading this, feel free to add me.

Storm ID: Brisbane1985
    Name: RiversideOaks⛳™

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    whatever I set them to, it will be consistent across the board. Just have to figure out what works best.. 8/12/24.. I like 8 though, as it gives players more of a reason to come back multiple times per day
    Me too I prefer 8 hrs as it is. Your users are used to 8 hrs and any hours more would not be a good idea - they will feel like you are punishing them (even though this is not your intention).

Rhino Keeper
    Again another thing is that when making changes, if you extend some of the collection times it might seem like it is a bad deal (unless you increase the payout to offset this).

It will be good if you could show us the stats of houses, community etc for comments before releasing it.

Rhino Keeper
    For a communities building it's good to make the time more short than 8 hours if you want player come back often. Like me I log in often. After all the hard work. When I come back I just looking and looking for what I live behind when I log out.. Sometime it's make me bored.. Also I hate goals that require install new game may divide is fall of new game that I don't like to play.. Is there any change in the goal also?

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast