Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watcher's Rock (Levels 199-204) - 5/13/13

Wow, can't believe I passed 201! I was able to dig down thru the crates to the 1st two doom jewels quickly, then set off a blaster + bomb just above the other two. It cleared them, and the fire on the left. I still had some fire burning like crazy up the right side, but I just kept swiping like a lunatic. Suddenly the fire was out! I was actually surprised...but oh, so thrilled! I dislike timed levels so much; I'm def glad when they're done. The next one's timed too, which makes 3 in a row--hope that's it for this island!

Level 202: 11 glass in 1:45 (5 JC's used.) :45 added since earlier "photo post," so happy about that. But un-happy about another timed, doom jewel level. Ugh! Hopefully won't be too difficult or stressful. Only have one energy left (waiting for pulse to slow a little before trying...)

I'm had a really difficult time with 202, but I finally passed! I was only able to clear the snake a couple times--kinda hard to do. For some reason, the snake is always blue (easy to remember if you get a diamond! I spent a lot of turns just making fast matches in the area to the left, trying to clear doomies & make special jewels. Once I had a match under the snake. After I made it, no replacement jewels filled-in, leaving 4 or 5 bare glass. Wish I'd thought to take a screenshot. I guess you can't make matches down there until the snake's gone. I was feeling bummed-out & stressed, wishing I had more time (or they'd eliminate the doom jewels, lol!) But I finally got two diamonds--used the first to take out the snake, and combined the 2nd with a blaster. A doom jewel was about to blow with no match nearby--my fingers were crossed hoping the blasters would wipe it out. It did! That left me with only a couple glass left, and I luckily took them out with some speedy match-making... Whew!

What the...? I played Level 203: Dig 10 meters in 35 moves (5 JC's used.) This level used to have 45 moves, according to the photo (reduced by 10.) Then, when I went to try another round, it only had 28 moves! They took more moves away right as I was playing it.

Yay, got a lucky round on 203 & passed! Used a blaster + bomb, plus a diamond + blaster twice (2nd one took me across the finish line.) 28 moves is very tight, but it's passable with the right board (and moving carefully!) This level is pretty straightforward and a lot of fun.

Level 204: Extinguish 8 fire in 1:28 (5 JC's used.) The photo in this thread shows 1:53, so they've reduced the time--not happy about that! Ugh, have I mentioned I hate timed fire levels (& doom jewels?) Played 2 rounds so far--a doom jewel got me 1st time and couldn't reduce the fire at all on the 2nd. There were few matches--screen kept reshuffling. Errrgh, this is sooooo stressful! And why so many timed levels on this island? 4 of them!

I'm getting a little better on 204, but there just isn't enough time to put the fire out! By the time I clear the doom jewels and **** the snakes/or quell the fire that started taking over while getting to doom jewels--time's up! I've used combos/diamonds to put out most of the fire, but there's always some left in the little areas at very bottom left/right. Def need more time to clear them! Btw, for some reason, the snakes are always the same on this level--blue eyes on left, yellow-eyed snake on the right. Weird!?

There go another 5 energies wasted, failing miserably on 204. I've been able to clear the doom jewels most of the time, and a snake or 2, a little less frequently. But I always run out of time before I can get the fire out. So frustrating! Really, really not liking this level...

Last night they added 22 seconds to 204, which seemed to help a little. I'm still not able to beat it yet, of course. This morning, they took 5 seconds of that away--the timer's at 1:45 now. I just can't get past this level! It's so hard for me to get the flames at bottom right & left. I need the perfect combinations in the right places, or even more time to maneuver blasters/matches to extinguish the flames. A blaster + bomb at the bottom would be great, but can't seem to make it happen. I've tried a diamond + blaster a couple times, but it always misses at least one side (flames in bottom corners) each time. I tried re-aiming one of the blasters awaiting detonation and it took out that side's fire. Gonna do that again if I get the chance.

Ugh, I'm so, so frustrated with this level. Anyone else having a hard time with it? Any tips? Recharging (again!)...

I passed 204!!!! Yay, I don't believe it! I was shocked when I realized I had one entire side out as well as the flames at the bottom, with just a couple flames left on the right. Set off some blasters, and got it down to one flame. Then I actually had a match next to it! I didn't think it would actually extinguish, as I've had such a difficult time with this level. Couldn't believe it when I heard the kids' voices "Jewel Mania." What a relief...

Off to Boneyard Desert now to play with super dirt!

Fashion Designer
    Way to go!

Farm Supplier
    To aid the keeping track of changes in the game...

Level 199 is currently 30 moves
    Level 200 is currently 50 seconds (that was tough - managed to get through with one second to spare!)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast