Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watcher's Rock (Levels 199-204) - 5/13/13

Fashion Designer
    Level 203... digging moves level with black jewels and some stone jewels

this level wasn't too bad and i passed on the first try. i just focused on digging down and created blasters whenever i could. i used a bomb/blaster combo once, but other than that nothing too fancy or tricky involved. just dig around the stone or black jewels if they get in your way. i got rid of some black jewels when i created the horizontal blasters.

Fashion Designer
    Level 204... timed fire level with doom jewels and snakes

the fire will spread right out the gate, and my round started with 1:53 on the clock. my first focus was to break through the crates to get to the doom jewels. i ****ed the snake on the left with blue eyes and i was able to put out the fire in the middle and on the right side. i was trying really hard to get rid of the fire on the left side and i had a decent amount of time left, but i just couldn't make any good matches to get rid of it. i didn't notice other doom jewels dropping in, so i'm not quite sure if that will happen. only tried this level a couple times, so i guess i'll find out later.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Level 204... timed fire level with doom jewels and snakes
    (...)
    i didn't notice other doom jewels dropping in, so i'm not quite sure if that will happen. only tried this level a couple times, so i guess i'll find out later.
    i did not see any other doom jewels drop in. and i'm moving on to boneyard desert!

Aileeniweeni, your photos are fantastic! Love how we get to see the levels (we hope to reach!) Thanks...is it any easier now that you've had lots of practice?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Aileeniweeni, your photos are fantastic! Love how we get to see the levels (we hope to reach!) Thanks...is it any easier now that you've had lots of practice?
    hmm that last level, not sure if it felt that easier... but with more tries, you're bound to get a kinder board sometime

Level 199: 12 fire in 35 moves (5 JC's used.) They added 10 moves, but this level is very difficult! The snakes, stone jewels, and wooden walls make for serious barriers. Played once so far & it was a pitiful attempt, lol! Here's hoping for a luckier board layout~

Unfortunately, it looks like lots of timed levels ahead...so maybe I'm not in a big hurry to pass this...

Omg, it's so hard to get the fire out on 199! It took me lots of tries, but I finally passed. It's not too tough to clear the snakes, but extinguishing fire on both sides--ugh! I got down to just a few flames a couple times, but I always ran out of moves. When you first start the level, the board usually only has one or two moves (it reshuffles a lot, too.) And the windows/cutouts make it difficult to find matches. So luck is a big factor. I laughed when I saw the challenge for this level--make 3 diamonds. I was lucky to make 3 blasters, lol! I made a diamond only twice, but couldn't combine them with other specials. I passed the level with a diamond and several blasters (in key/lucky spots!) I still had lots of moves left when I got down to one flame (and had a match next to it to win the level.) I thought about making some more moves to up my score/stars, but I was afraid I'd lose control of the fire! So, one star it is, for now. I'll come back for more another time...

Fashion Designer
    I don't like reading ahead to find out what the boards are ahead of time because I like to decode them myself, but I like keeping tabs on you, Phaedrakiki. You're doing great.

Thanks, Gardienn, I appreciate that! I always look for your posts. When I don't see them, I wonder how you're doing... Good luck! (You've passed me before and will again, no doubt! )

Level 200: Put out 12 fire in 1:30 (5 JC's used.) The timer was :50 when photo posted, so they added time and it's much appreciated! I used Aileeniweeni's strategy on this, ****ing the snakes on the left and attacking the fire from that side. Took a few tries, but eventually I combined a blaster + bomb which wiped out all the fire. So happy!

Level 201: Extinguish 10 fire in 1:40 (5 JC's used.) They've increased the time from :55 (shown in this thread's photo.) The addition is great, but the doom jewels are ****er! So far, they've ended my round each time...so timer irrelevant for me now. Gotta find a way to get through those crates faster, or make special jewels quickly to blast the doomies. Ugh, this is my worst kind of level--timed fire level with doom jewels!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast