Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Serpent Sanctuary - Levels 181 - 186

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fashion Designer

Serpent Sanctuary - Levels 181 - 186

Ran out of energy before I could test out level 181 (glass and moves level) but I see a new boost, which is a key as the icon and description says "Breaks open a lock in the chain!" So there must be a new feature on this island! can't wait to see what it is...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Ran out of energy before I could test out level 181 (glass and moves level) but I see a new boost, which is a key as the icon and description says "Breaks open a lock in the chain!" So there must be a new feature on this island! can't wait to see what it is...
    Cool! Updated yesterday, then went ahead & deleted/re-downloaded JM earlier today--been having "freezing" issues. Saw Lock and Chain listed in the version history, and wondered about it! Didn't know if it was something coming up soon (for me) that no one had mentioned, or if you (as a wonderfully helpful poster at the forum) hadn't reached it yet! Looks like I have my answer, lol! Congrats on making it to the new island...Good Luck!!

Farm Supplier
    The Lock and Chain are kind of fun. Essentially there are locks that box in an area that you cannot match the jewels in or break any glass within until you've unlocked the lock. To do this, you match the corresponding colors. There are numbers on the locks that indicate how many jewels are required to unlock them.

I have a bit of a concern about the balancing of these levels though as the first level in the set has 35 turns and you have to match 36 Green Jewels to unlock the lock, and that's just to get the lock broken; you still have lots of glass to break. Hopefully they adjust this in the future as I find it rather turn-crunching, especially for the first level which is normally a "proof of concept" level.

Still fun though.

Fashion Designer
    I'm at level 182 and I have to adjust the way I think when I make matches! Since you have to rack up matches in specific colors and the board won't move down until you clear all the lock & chain. I'll write more about all this later. Just wanted to chime that in

And in 181... To make 36 green jewels matched that's probably an average of 12 moves minimum (36/3) but if you use a blaster and/or bomb and it clears out a green jewel, that will count too. I'll come back in the morning with more comments... Can't think anymore haha. I got really sleepy all of a sudden

Farm Supplier

Screenshot for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by thesacredphoenix View Post
    Screenshot for those interested.
    Thanks--very cool & much appreciated! (Especially since its looking like I'll never get there... )

Farm Supplier
    Ahhh, I hadn't realized that the actual Blaster and Bomb formation counted as one as well. That definitely helps! They are pretty fun, I'm liking them! I'm sure they'll grow on me, much like the Snakes and the 4+ Unmatchable Jewels (which as first I found so difficult! haha).

Thanks for the tip!

Fashion Designer
    Notes on level 182... There are 5 jewel colors that you need to make matches to get the lock & chain to unlock. From top to bottom: area 1 is red and blue, area 2 is aqua and green, and area 3 is the purple color. Purple has the highest number with 150 and aqua and green are in the middle range and blue and red have the least. But in order to dig down and have the board move, you need to clear the sections by the order I wrote above: area 1, then 2, then 3. However, since you need to clear out 150 purple jewels over the course of the level, my main target when I'm making matches is purple. In the beginning, any color match you make is good because it'll count for all the locked areas. But you need to start early with purple matches or else by the time you get to that region, you won't have enough time to make enough purple matches.
    Since the level is timed, just make matches anywhere on the board and I didn't even bother focusing on digging down, but just getting enough colored matches.

Level 183 is a similar concept as level 182, but its not timed and you get 125 moves to dig 18 meters. At the very bottom you'll see 240 purple and 192 aqua, so those will be the colors to focus on. The best thing is to create special jewels and make combos to blast out big areas of jewels. If you get a diamond, try to combine it with a bomb or blaster. Diamond and bomb combo is probably the best combo for these levels.

Level 184 is a timed glass level (2:25) and all the glass is locked up in 3 tiers of chains. 1st tier is 36 red, 2nd is 72 yellow, and 3rd tier is 144 blue. I'll probably use the same strategy as above.

Fashion Designer
    Notes on level 182... There are 5 jewel colors that you need to make matches to get the lock & chain to unlock. From top to bottom: area 1 is red and blue, area 2 is aqua and green, and area 3 is the purple color. Purple has the highest number with 150 and aqua and green are in the middle range and blue and red have the least. But in order to dig down and have the board move, you need to clear the sections by the order I wrote above: area 1, then 2, then 3. However, since you need to clear out 150 purple jewels over the course of the level, my main target when I'm making matches is purple. In the beginning, any color match you make is good because it'll count for all the locked areas. But you need to start early with purple matches or else by the time you get to that region, you won't have enough time to make enough purple matches.
    Since the level is timed, just make matches anywhere on the board and I didn't even bother focusing on digging down, but just getting enough colored matches.
    gonna go back and post some pics of levels i neglected to post. so the times or # of moves might not match up with my previous description.

Level 182... timed digging level with lock & chain

Fashion Designer
    Level 183 is a similar concept as level 182, but its not timed and you get 125 moves to dig 18 meters. At the very bottom you'll see 240 purple and 192 aqua, so those will be the colors to focus on. The best thing is to create special jewels and make combos to blast out big areas of jewels. If you get a diamond, try to combine it with a bomb or blaster. Diamond and bomb combo is probably the best combo for these levels.
    Level 183... digging moves level with lock & chain

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast