Thread: Why can't I store, sell, or even rotate the trading portal?

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas

Question Why can't I store, sell, or even rotate the trading portal?

It's not currently trading anything, I've used it one time and that one finished over a week ago. I'm trying to get my game to run better by getting rid of some stuff, but even the rotate option is faded out... any ideas? Or am I missing something obvious? I've tried browsing the stickies, but there is sooo much info I don't know where to start...

Executive Chef
    It can't be sold, stored or rotated

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmeerkat View Post
    It can't be sold, stored or rotated
    I don't mind the other things, but kind of annoying that you can't rotate it...but I gather it's due to how the graphics animations work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    It's not currently trading anything, I've used it one time and that one finished over a week ago. I'm trying to get my game to run better by getting rid of some stuff, but even the rotate option is faded out... any ideas? Or am I missing something obvious? I've tried browsing the stickies, but there is sooo much info I don't know where to start...
    These buildings are important to crafting gemstone dragons and the new Lotus dragon. You want these buildings and getting rid of them won't make your game run better. It could the the age of your device (I know some first generation iPads have had some crashing issues), the version of iOS you're running, or even the version of DragonStory you're running (latest is 1.4).

Also try the old delete and reinstall (don't worry, you won't loose any progress) and/or completely turn off your device and power it back on again.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    I know exactly why it runs slow - I'm on a 2nd gen ipod touch, which will only ever go up to ios 4.2.1, the new DS 1.4 requires ios 4.3 or higher, so I have to stay on 1.3, and it's been getting worse the more habitats and dragons I get. Turning it off and back on again never makes a difference, neither does a hard reset; it's just too old for the latest updates to these games.

Selling a few dragons has helped a little, I was hoping selling a building I don't want to use yet would help a little more. I'm saving up to hopefully get an iphone 4 in a couple months, and was gonna buy it back later, but apparently I'm keeping it whether I want to or not. Thanks for such quick answers!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    I know exactly why it runs slow - I'm on a 2nd gen ipod touch, which will only ever go up to ios 4.2.1, the new DS 1.4 requires ios 4.3 or higher, so I have to stay on 1.3, and it's been getting worse the more habitats and dragons I get. Turning it off and back on again never makes a difference, neither does a hard reset; it's just too old for the latest updates to these games.

Selling a few dragons has helped a little, I was hoping selling a building I don't want to use yet would help a little more. I'm saving up to hopefully get an iphone 4 in a couple months, and was gonna buy it back later, but apparently I'm keeping it whether I want to or not. Thanks for such quick answers!
    Since you have an older device, you will experience issues with gameplay.
    Closing thread since you already have a thread running discussing issues playing on an older device.

https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...l=1#post599404

You can leave your feedback on the design of these new buildings on the current thread

https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...l=1#post480390
    Last edited by kooky panda; 05-12-13 at 07:45 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request