Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadstool Thicket - Levels 175 - 180

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Level 176 is a timed glass level. There are 2 snakes on the sides which you need to **** to expose the glass underneath. Hmm... There was something in the middle...ack I forgot now. Also passed this quite quickly. I just remember that this level was very straight forward.
    Level 176... timed glass level with snakes and black jewels

yup just move fast and **** the snakes as fast as possible. also look for the hard to reach areas like top corners. blast the black jewels if you can since they can get in the way sometimes.

Fashion Designer
    Level 177 and my ride of energies stopped here with few tries. This is a digging timed level with a row of black jewels and a row of white blocks at the top. So as you dig down (make matches) they will drop down. The black jewels can become a nuisance and block you from digging down, so best to get rid of these with blasters or bombs. Will try again later
    More details about level 177... Need to dig 10 meters down in 2:55 minutes. Try to make matches very quickly in the beginning because you need to get through all the black jewels. Once the black jewels are gone its much easier to dig. But you need every second you can get. You have to have a really good round to even get close to the goal line. There are also crates embedded in the brick, so that also slows you down a bit.
    Level 177... timed digging level with white blocks, black jewels, and crates

with 4:20 on the clock this should be doable

Fashion Designer
    Level 178 is also a digging and timed level. This time 20 meters down and over 4 minutes on the clock (4:10?). Don't be fooled by the long time on the clock, you will need every second. It's much easier to make matches on this level, but you must be mindful of the doom jewels that drop in. The timer is sufficiently long on the doom jewel, about 20-30 seconds. You'll have plenty of time to get rid of them. Much more pleasant level because it feels like you're making more progress than on the previous level, so have fun with this one
    Level 178... timed digging level

Level 175... fire moves level with crates

there is one long wall or divider at the bottom. (...) get a bomb/blaster towards the bottom of the board. and crank out those special jewels.
    They reduced the moves on this one to 30 (16 flames, 5 JC's.) It took me four tries (or was it 3?) to get a bomb+blaster down to the wall to detonate it and extinguish the fire. Earlier in the same game, I combined a diamond & blaster, but it didn't reach all the flames, & they started spreading again. I think a blaster + bomb at the wall-line is the only feasible way to get all the fire out in the allotted moves! (Good luck!)

Level 176... timed glass level with snakes and black jewels (...) move fast and **** the snakes as fast as possible. also look for the hard to reach areas like top corners. blast the black jewels if you can since they can get in the way sometimes.
    Wow, they reduced the time on this one--from 2:15 down to 1:55 (64 glass, all 6 JC's.) Great advice from Aileeni! Got 62/64 glass the last time I tried it. Darn! That extra 20 seconds would've been perfect, lol! Oh well, I'll keep workin' on it...

Whew, finally passed level 176. With all 6 jewel colors used, it's difficult to make matches & the screen reshuffles a lot. It's also hard to make matches near the bottom to get the snakes cleared so you can get to the rest of the glass. Finally, early in the round, I was able to make a blaster + bomb combo near the bottom. It wiped out the 2nd snake & lots of glass. I had been making sure to start each round with a snake-clearing move (or I restarted the level.) Then I moved fast as I could to clear all the glass. Only had a few seconds left over!

The time on Level 177 has been adjusted. Guess it was originally 2:55, then it was 4:20. Now, there's 3:20 on the timer, to dig 10 levels (6 JC's.) Tried it once and only got 4 meters down! Gonna have to move much faster than that (I hate timed levels!) But it's hard to move fast on this, cuz a lot of time is wasted looking for moves. Having all the colors on the board def makes things more difficult. I guess it will come down to getting a lucky board, and being ready for it when I get it (practice, practice...)

I keep taking screenshots of each level...forgetting that they're all done now! Feels weird, lol!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Whew, finally passed level 176. (...) Only had a few seconds left over!
    (...)
    I keep taking screenshots of each level...forgetting that they're all done now! Feels weird, lol!
    i love when i pass just in the nick of time! feels great
    and maybe you'll have some funky screenshots of you passing or almost passing? hehe sorry that you have less 'work' to do when you post you're not that far behind so maybe i can just not post some and you can post when you get there? hahah. it's like splitting custody of children

Custody of children, lol!

Fashion Designer
    You passed me again, Phaedrakiki. I figured you would I got sick of the fire on level, I think, 150 (or 149) and quit playing for awhile. I'm on 164. Let me just say, I hate fire. That's HATE fire.

I'm sorry, Gardienn! Oh yeah, fire can definitely be frustating...I understand your sentiments! For me, I have an extreme dislike of timed levels. And I pretty much hate the doom jewels (esp. timed ones.) Taking a break like you did was smart! No use playing if you're not enjoying yourself. I know how worked-up I get sometimes, and a break is what I need. I feel so silly, cuz it's a game! I tell myself I'm doing it for pleasure--so if I'm not happy... But taking time away is easier said than done. I can't stand not being able to pass a level.

Since so many of these levels come down to luck, I have a feeling you and I will keep leap-frogging ahead of each other. One will get lucky while the other's stuck, then the other gets lucky to move ahead...etc. You came up from behind to pass me before, I'm sure you will again, lol. In fact, I seem to be having trouble with 177 now. Timed digging level. Looks straightforward, but it can be really slow-going with the barriers and the lack of matches. I got all the way to the finish line (with a few bricks left on each side) a couple times. I had blaster + bomb combos to help me. But the rest of the time I only make it halfway, with little or no "combo action." So, this just might be where you pass me (unless they add some more time to the clock...)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast