Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Toadstool Thicket - Levels 175 - 180

Quote Originally Posted by KittanaP View Post
    Finished level 180 in one day! Yippee only to find out server has not acknowledged my effort. Had to repeat this level and been stuck on it for 10+ days. Not happy! (...) most games not allowing a line up for success! (...)
    Hi KittanaP,
    So sorry to hear that happened to you. It's happened to me before (where I passed a level, but the game didn't acknowledge it afterwards.) It sucks! It's a good idea to take a screenshot when you pass a level (esp. after a really difficult one.) That way you can post/report about it, and you have your "proof." There's a thread on this issue in the Bugs & Issues section of the forum for more info or to report your issue. I'm not sure what they can do, though. The couple times it happened to me, I was on fairly easy levels. But what I do now is force-close Jewel Mania at least once a day, and hard-restart my device every couple/few days. It seems to help, maybe forcing it to refresh or something. It's my "preventative measure" against errors...

You said something about the game not allowing a successful line up--did you mean the board set up you get when you start the game? I'm not sure if you know this, but you can restart the level if you don't like the set up you get. Like if there's no matches near the crates, or no special jewel creating matches, etc. Just press pause, then the back arrow button. As long as you don't touch anyting, it won't use up an energy.

I wish you the best of luck!

New Resident
    Arg! Level 178. 20 levels. Time allowed 2.40. Have tried many times. Best I can do is 15 levels. If only I had the higher times as mentioned on this forum. Think this will be it. No more jewel mania

Hi Reader01, I have the same time as you on 178. If you've read thru this entire thread, you'll notice there were many complaints throughout about this level--whether they had 5 minutes or 8 (or any other amounts they tried.) I've noticed they don't like to have the levels too long (cuz then the frustration's even greater if you fail.) So I'm guessing that's why they try to find other ways to simplify levels when adding time/moves does not help. My level has had the time reduced to 2:40, but the colors used has been reduced, as well. I only have 4 jewel colors now, instead of 5. This usually makes the level easier, esp. doom jewel levels (easier to find a doomie match, as well as make special jewels & combos.)

Best of luck, and Happy Holidays!

New Resident
    Been stuck on 178 for weeks, only have 2:40. Can't understand why others have longer times.

Quote Originally Posted by pom71 View Post
    Been stuck on 178 for weeks, only have 2:40. Can't understand why others have longer times.
    They often change times or # of moves on levels when they're not working as intended (or other reasons we're not privy to, lol! ) Did you see my comment just before yours? It explains the change they made (they took out one of the jewel colors as well as reducing the time. Less colors can make a level much easier.)

However, with all the complaints here lately, they obviously have some more tweaking to do on this level (& a few other levels players have been complaining about.) I hope they add some time for you very soon!

Rhino Keeper
    Also stuck on 178. I'm working like crazy, making combos and diamonds, but still can't complete. There is so little time that you can't strategize, just hit them as they fall. Please add some time to this level.

I too am stuck on 178, for almost 2 weeks now, had 2.40 min to dig down 20 now time has gone up to 6.10 min but have to dig 22 now can't get any further down than I did with the 2.40 min as harder to find matches now.

That's it I have had enough, what was a enjoyable game is no longer, bored, frustrated, I'm sure I can find something else to do with 6.10 min x 5 there must be other games that are as fun but less stressful

I don't get it, Team Lava. Why are you guys going "backwards" on this level? Taking one of the jewel colors out was a step in the right direction--you just didn't give us enough time. The lower # jewel color levels are among the most fun...all you had to do to make this an enjoyable level was add some time...maybe starting with 3:15 or so, then adding time in 10 or 15 second intervals until the complaints stopped. Or remove a few meters, perhaps. Instead, you took it back to the way it used to be (when everyone was complaining about the lack of matches.) Plus, it's so long now, that the frustration's even greater when you fail. I must not be aware of the whole story, cuz this makes no sense!

Rhino Keeper
    Hi, I joined Storm8 just to comment on Level 180. I'm well and truly stuck. I spend all of my time trying to get rid of those doom jewels (with super-short timers), and have no time to fight the fires (or do anything else). This may well be the level at which I pack it in.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast