Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadstool Thicket - Levels 175 - 180

Fashion Designer

Toadstool Thicket - Levels 175 - 180

Level 175! I passed this really fast on the first try so I don't have tips. I just remember there are a couple rows of crates with fire on top and below of the crates. It seemed much easier to make matches on this level than on level 174 (previous island). Combined some special jewels (blaster/bomb) and ta-da! Bye bye fire.

Level 176 is a timed glass level. There are 2 snakes on the sides which you need to **** to expose the glass underneath. Hmm... There was something in the middle...ack I forgot now. Also passed this quite quickly. I just remember that this level was very straight forward.

Level 177 and my ride of energies stopped here with few tries. This is a digging timed level with a row of black jewels and a row of white blocks at the top. So as you dig down (make matches) they will drop down. The black jewels can become a nuisance and block you from digging down, so best to get rid of these with blasters or bombs. Will try again later

Fashion Designer
    More details about level 177... Need to dig 10 meters down in 2:55 minutes. Try to make matches very quickly in the beginning because you need to get through all the black jewels. Once the black jewels are gone its much easier to dig. But you need every second you can get. You have to have a really good round to even get close to the goal line. There are also crates embedded in the brick, so that also slows you down a bit.

Level 178 is also a digging and timed level. This time 20 meters down and over 4 minutes on the clock (4:10?). Don't be fooled by the long time on the clock, you will need every second. It's much easier to make matches on this level, but you must be mindful of the doom jewels that drop in. The timer is sufficiently long on the doom jewel, about 20-30 seconds. You'll have plenty of time to get rid of them. Much more pleasant level because it feels like you're making more progress than on the previous level, so have fun with this one

Level 179... Uh lots of snakes and you have to break the glass on the entire board within 45 moves. The snake must be taken out to get to the glass underneath it. There are 2 doom jewels on top and 3 doom jewels on the bottom that have a count of 15 moves on them. Random doom jewels will also drop in. There are 4 snakes on the left side that are difficult to make matches around, will probably need to blast these. This level is pretty difficult! Will try again later when I have more energy. Haven't come close to beating this level because of too many doom jewels exploding!!

Hi Aileeniweeni! If you get a chance, can you post a pic of the snakes? I'd love to see what they look like, I'm dying of curiosity every time you post (about fire, too!) It'll be a long time before I get there (if ever, lol, considering I get stuck on nearly every timed level!) I just tried it & it's easy to do. You may already know how, but JIK, here's what I did:

1st press the Go Advanced button under the reply box. This will give you more message options, including a preview mode, icons, and attachments.

Under the Your Message section is another called Additional Options. You'll find the Manage Attachments button there. Press it, and it will open a screen to select an image. I pressed Choose File under "upload files from your computer." It opened a photo-choosing dialog on my iPhone. Then I chose the screenshot I'd taken from my camera roll. Then, back at the attachment screen, I pressed the upload button. After that it will show up under Current Attachments. (There's a "remove" button in case of mistakes.) Then you can close that window. Go back to your message and finish typing, then press Preview Post to see how your message will look (it should show the message w/attached thumbnail.) Then Submit Reply.

I understand if you can't-- I know you aren't able to restart w/o losing energy. Maybe if there's a "moves" snake level you could do a screenshot? Thanks, regardless! You've already helped me so much! Take care & good luck!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Hi Aileeniweeni! If you get a chance, can you post a pic of the snakes? I'd love to see what they look like, I'm dying of curiosity every time you post (about fire, too!)
    ok i don't usually post pictures with your method, so i'll just do it the way i am used to

here is level 179 a "moves" level with snakes, but the goal is break all the glass.

so 179 sometimes can have an overload of doom jewels, i came close to beating it many times but then way too many doom jewels dropped in and i wasn't able to defuse them in time. but i passed it by using special jewel combos. also the way snakes work... if they are connected (multiple heads on a body), then the entire tail will not disappear until you get rid of all the heads that is shared by the body. so in level 179, the entire vertical span of tail won't clear out until you get rid of all the snake heads.

here is level 180, which is a timed fire level but it also contains some snakes.

so in these particular levels, the objective isn't really to get rid of the snakes, but often you must **** them to get to the glass or to the fires in this case. but for 180 looks like you have to break through those crates first. i only tried it once, but then i had to go to work... will try again later

hope this helps!

Thumbs up

So cool! Who ever thought snakes could look cute? They don't look/sound easy to get rid of, though. I read the tips in another thread for getting rid of them, but if you blast one of the rows with 2 snake heads, do both disappear? Or just the side you blast on? Thank you, thank you!!! I've been SO trying to imagine what they looked like! I really appreciate you taking the time & energy (literally, lol) to show me (us) how they look! You're the best...

As for the pictures, I like your way better! The attachments don't enlarge as nicely as yours appears, at least on my iPhone. How'd you do it?

Anyway, thanks again, have a great day at work, and good luck on 180 (wow, that is up there!)

Farm Supplier
    180 is so difficult, I managed to beat it only by chance of a Blaster falling right next to a Bomb on the bottom row. Swap, Boom, and done. I'll admit to helpless failing for a day straight prior to that stroke of luck though!

Farm Supplier
    You could potentially beat it with the right combination of Diamond and Blasters, or some well placed Bomb/Blasters, without breaking the crates, but I think you'll find it easier to break them as the fire is easier to put out directly in this layout imo. Good luck!

Farm Supplier
    179 had me stumped / stuck for a day or so too, and through the duration of my feeble attempts I noticed that the total turns have been increased to 50 now. When I first tried it I recall there being 30 turns, which was super difficult given the placement of the snakes and glass. Needless to say I was super stoked when I finally beat that one too. XD

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    So cool! Who ever thought snakes could look cute? They don't look/sound easy to get rid of, though. I read the tips in another thread for getting rid of them, but if you blast one of the rows with 2 snake heads, do both disappear? Or just the side you blast on? Thank you, thank you!!! I've been SO trying to imagine what they looked like! I really appreciate you taking the time & energy (literally, lol) to show me (us) how they look! You're the best...

As for the pictures, I like your way better! The attachments don't enlarge as nicely as yours appears, at least on my iPhone. How'd you do it?

Anyway, thanks again, have a great day at work, and good luck on 180 (wow, that is up there!)
    when you blast one of the rows that have 2 snake heads in the same row, they will both disappear. and i think you figured out how to post pics w/o having to attach it right? just in case...

https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...o-On-The-Forum

p.s. only you would think these snakes look cute! lol

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Level 175! I passed this really fast on the first try so I don't have tips. I just remember there are a couple rows of crates with fire on top and below of the crates. It seemed much easier to make matches on this level than on level 174 (previous island). Combined some special jewels (blaster/bomb) and ta-da! Bye bye fire.
    Level 175... fire moves level with crates

there is one long wall or divider at the bottom. but that won't stop the fire from spreading, only crates will. just focus on breaking the crates so that you can get a bomb/blaster towards the bottom of the board. and crank out those special jewels.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast