Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Suggestion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ddehner0330 View Post
    It would be nice if there was a "Select All" option on the gifting screen, so you don't have to pick every single checkbox manually. I send all of my neighbors the same item at once. I don't cater to picky people, so it saves me time. I do respond to requests through the game, but not someone writing on my wall.

Also, when you forget about the game and the pop-up comes up the next time you log in asking you if you'd like to recover the items or trash them, the buttons should be on the same side on every game. I accidentally recovered items (wasting my gems) before because I play Fashion, Bakery, and Restaurant, and on one of them the buttons are flip-flopped from the other two. So, that sucked. I also wish that if you selected the button to throw away the expired goods, that it would just take care of it for you; you have to manually click on every single oven to trash the food.
    I agree. Also with your gifting comments I believe in July or Sept 2017.

Some interest on adding menus to appliances that have limited menus or appliances that are locked. I have mentioned a "Maintenance Man option" that would be offered every couple months/seasonal and with certain things that are accomplished could be turned in to open up the appliance or menu addition. It could be offered as a Service Warranty, Parts Upgrade, or Rebate. It could be fun!

May I ask that we get more time between goals? PLEASE???!??? We need an accrued amount of coins to fulfill the goals, therefore, we also need time to earn enough coins to successfully complete them. Thank you for your time. Jolli's Grubs

7 yrs ago there was no option but to send a gift to everyone kind of like an auto select all
    but then they did away with tjhat...i wish they'd let us have a select all option too as i find it extremely difficult to manually tick every box when youve got a 150 neighbor's 😣😣😣

4 suggestions to make the game even better

Jul 6, 8:25 AM PDT
    I tried sending this to Storm8 and was instructed to post it in the forums here instead. So here it is:

I play both Restaurant Story and Bakery Story, since either 2013 or 2014.

I love the game! Have no complaints.
    Since I have installed it on several different devices, I have several accounts. But 1 of them is my main account, and played more faithfully than the others.

I do have some wishes, though, that I'd like to present to the developers to make it more practical, especially for those of us who have busy lives, but would still like to play.
    There are Four, which I will detail below, but here are the main ideas:
    1. Chef's Assistant
    2. Organize Neighbors and add "Select All"
    3. Re-open Expired Goals
    4. Switch Food To Different Counters

1. Chef's Assistant
    If we could purchase (or hire) an assistant that isn't just a statue, but keeps foods going during the player's absence. (School, work, sickness, vacation..) so many reasons people stop playing because they don't have time to serve the food before it goes bad.
    It can be limited to only stoves and counters that are accessible, (similar to chairs and tables for the customers.) There must be a clear path from appliance to counter.
    It would be Player responsibility to be sure there are enough counters to hold the foods they started cooking.
    When the food is ready, if the player does not return to the game in a certain amount of time, the Chef's Assistant would serve the foods on the counters provided, and start more of the SAME foods on that appliance.
    It would also be Player responsibility to purchase (hire) and place the Assistant where they would be able to perform their duties.
    If Player fails to be sure all these things are in order, the food will still go bad.

Besides helping us keep the restaurant "in business", This would also make reaching goals more possible for people with busy lives.

The Chefs Assistant could cost a fee that the Player would have to really work towards. Such as:
    * only available after a certain level (40 perhaps)
    * Hire with 50 Gems AND 100,000 coins.
    * optional: Could possibly even have an annual fee.. to pay another 100,000 coins to keep the Assistant working after 1 year of work. You have a 1 month notification to pay his/her salary before the assistant stops working.

This is my number 1 wish!

2. The Ability to Organize Neighbors, and a Select All button for gift sending.
    If I could divide my nbrs into 3 groups, it would help me visit and tip faster when I don't have much time to play. Players can name each group as they choose.

My groups would be:
    A. Food Preferences
    B. Part Preferences
    C. Appears Inactive

Then if each group had a "Select All" button, I could send gifts quickly to all in the group, allowing more time to visit and tip.
    I would prioritize visiting my active nbrs, but wouldn't have to delete temporarily inactive nbrs just because I don't have time to keep visiting them when they aren't there. As time allows, I could check on them to edit their location in my groups.

3. The ability to re-open an expired goal.
    This could be really fun!!

A. If you accomplish a goal during its ORIGINAL run, you get rewarded 10 Gems.
    B. If you missed or didn't complete a goal, you can SPEND 10 gems to reopen it. But now you don't have the time constraints. You just have to complete each step in order, until the goal is complete. You get the normal prize, but not the 10 Gems for "original completion".

This would also allow newer players to go back and complete goals they missed in years past, once they get far enough along to save up Gems, etc...
    It would also allow us to unlock recipes in goal appliances that we didn't get to complete.

4. Finally, an ability to switch food from one counter to another.
    * select counter in use to bring up an option to discard food, or switch to different counter.
    * select "switch to different counter."
    * Tap on the empty counter you wish to place that food on.

The purpose is to organize our foods by matching counters, and/or allow us to save our food when we want to store away an outdated or off season counter.

Those are my 4 wishes.

Thanks!
    KatieSue324 -- (Katie's Kitchen)

Farm Supplier
    I second a lot of your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by ddehner0330 View Post

DESIGN MODE

- It takes forever to redo wallpaper or tiling if you want to change your design, it would be a lot nicer and less frustrating if we could go into a different kind of edit mode (or even have an updated edit mode) where you could select the wallpaper or tile that you want, and simply click the squares or walls you want the item on; then you'd accept your changes and it'd all be done at once.

QUESTS

- Quests are all fine and dandy until you get to one that requires to purchase specific amount of something and you have to cover your whole shop in tiles to meet the requirement. Example: There's a quest to purchase a certain amount of a specific floor tile in Restaurant Story and I already had over 100 of that tile. Guess what I had to do to complete the quest? I had to lay down every single tile that I already owned before I could make any progress on the actual quest line. That's right; I had to tap and double-tap the entire floor of my already designed restaurant just to complete a quest. Some people are probably asking, "Why didn't you just use gems to skip it?" And the answer to that is because I shouldn't have to waste gems on something that could have been easily solved by the game recognizing that I've already spent thousands of coins and time on those same exact tiles, which brings me to my next bullet statement.

- Using gems on quests should always be optional; not mandatory.

- I used to have a lot of fun creating my daily messages for my friends using emojis and text alike. However, I now understand that Android users specifically cannot see emojis in the game.

- Deleting messages (and neighbors) takes like 20 years. It would be more beneficial and less irritating if you could just click the edit button, select everything (or everyone) you want to delete, and then verify your deletion. It'd also be nice if there was just a flat-out way to clear your whole message board, or at least choose "Select All," then you could deselect ones you wanted to keep (since i know some people leave messages for visitors on their own boards).

GIFTS

- When you want to put out food that you've been gifted in Restaurant and Bakery Story, you have to tap the arrow to go the whole way to the end of your list, as each page only displays 6 items, parts always being first. This wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to just scroll instead of tapping the arrow. Also, it'd be nice to have food always in the front, as parts are pretty irrelevant on that screen. If you want to see what parts you have, it's easier to just go past one or two pages of food than it is to go past nearly 20 pages of parts if you need to get to food.

- If you can only accept a certain amount of gifts per day, it might also be helpful to have that number listed somewhere so that players don't waste their gift acceptance quota on things they don't want or need.

- I feel like if someone already reached their gift acceptance quota for the day, their gift button should be grayed out, just like if you already gifted them, and they should not show up on your gifting list. Another thing is that if you've already requested parts from people that day for a new appliance, they should not show up in your list either. It is a waste of time to select the entire list if half of them can't even receive gifts or you've already sent a part request to them.

COLLECTING TIPS/LIKES

- Collecting tips/likes can take what seems like forever sometimes; and that's only with just a few tables.

- Leaving tips even takes a long time sometimes. The only reason this doesn't bother me as much as collecting tips is because I can write my neighbor a message while the tips are applying to the tables I selected.
    To add to this:

- I tend to gift everyone individually - please sort gifts better! Why are parts listed under food? You could have gift tabs that are more appropriate: "Food" "Parts" etc. It takes me forever if I want to gift someone Bacon and Eggs or Waffles.

- Push alert when your tables are full

- PINNED POSTS! I'd love to be able to pin my gift needs, etc. at the top of my wall. (They can change throughout the day, especially if it's for a big goal/quest) I am constantly re-posting it so that others see it, and don't have to scroll down too far. (My choice, but still)

- Emojis for Android plz!

- I second the idea for the big goals.. if you already have a part, like floor tiles or wallpaper, you should be able to use that as part of the goal, instead of laying down all those parts and THEN having to buy new.
    Last edited by adreamdeferred; 07-09-18 at 11:31 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanham20754 View Post
    Add levels past level 99. It's difficult to tell which neighbors are still playing when they are at the max level. I've been at level 99 for over a year. I currently have over 3,400,000 XP. It would be nice to see how I rank with other long-term players.
    Yes please! Levels past 99 would be great.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by alovlilady2 View Post
    Exactly ! I've bought some ovens where the recipes stays locked forever ! It's not fair. When we are allowed to purchased the new appliance open up the goal.
    Second that idea! I REALLY wanted the July appliances for the 4th, but because I only started playing this year, it is no longer available. I'd even use Gems to purchase old locked appliances!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieSue324 View Post
    Jul 6, 8:25 AM PDT

2. The Ability to Organize Neighbors, and a Select All button for gift sending.
    If I could divide my nbrs into 3 groups, it would help me visit and tip faster when I don't have much time to play. Players can name each group as they choose.

My groups would be:
    A. Food Preferences
    B. Part Preferences
    C. Appears Inactive

Then if each group had a "Select All" button, I could send gifts quickly to all in the group, allowing more time to visit and tip.
    I would prioritize visiting my active nbrs, but wouldn't have to delete temporarily inactive nbrs just because I don't have time to keep visiting them when they aren't there. As time allows, I could check on them to edit their location in my groups.

3. The ability to re-open an expired goal.
    This could be really fun!!

A. If you accomplish a goal during its ORIGINAL run, you get rewarded 10 Gems.
    B. If you missed or didn't complete a goal, you can SPEND 10 gems to reopen it. But now you don't have the time constraints. You just have to complete each step in order, until the goal is complete. You get the normal prize, but not the 10 Gems for "original completion".

This would also allow newer players to go back and complete goals they missed in years past, once they get far enough along to save up Gems, etc...
    It would also allow us to unlock recipes in goal appliances that we didn't get to complete.

4. Finally, an ability to switch food from one counter to another.
    * select counter in use to bring up an option to discard food, or switch to different counter.
    * select "switch to different counter."
    * Tap on the empty counter you wish to place that food on.

The purpose is to organize our foods by matching counters, and/or allow us to save our food when we want to store away an outdated or off season counter.

Thanks!
    KatieSue324 -- (Katie's Kitchen)
    Love these ideas! The Assistant would be lovely, but I wonder if they'd be able to put that in the game!

Yes please to the neighbor list! This would make it sooo much easier to gift. You could also have a section, "GOAL NEIGHBORS" for those who like to do the big goals.

YES to the counter switch! I hate when I forget, and go to switch out or buy new counters then realize I just threw away my food -_-

Also the parts could be organized much better. If I try to gift someone French toast, waffles, or bacon & eggs I have to tap-tap-tap to the very end You could have a PARTS tab, then maybe "Breakfast" "Lunch" "Dinner" tabs could actually have only those types of foods.
    Maybe list everything alphabetically so it's easier to find things.
    ~ Level 99 Restaurant & Bakery Story ~
    Cat mom!
    AKA "Cara's Cafe" & "LaConfectionery"
    Add me if you're Lvl 40+

Many great suggestions here! I currently would like to see an option for unlocking a recipe( I did not have time to unlock) in 24 hrs. I should have done the math before starting goal, but I wanted to unlock the recipes. So at least I can cook it and reap some reward from this five day goal for all my effort.