Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Unicorn Summit - Levels 169 - 174

Oh, Gardienn, that's awful! It's so not fair! I have some freezing problems myself, though the fire didn't spread on me when my 174 freezing problem occurred. I posted pics here cuz I thought it was so strange. If you happened to take a screenshot, you should post/send it to support. I'm so sorry that happened--the worst possible time to mess up! I have lots of minor freezing issues. When it starts acting up a lot, I force-close jewel mania (on iPhone, hit home key twice, lightly touch & hold JM button until a red "-" shows up, press the minus sign.) Then I get out of that and hard-restart my device (so the apple sign shows up on restart.) Not sure it's all necessary, but it seems to help for awhile. I'm always afraid I'm going to get close to passing a difficult level and then have issues--exactly what happened to you! I'm so sorry! Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Hey, just realized the time on 174 has been reduced to 5:44! It probably doesn't matter, but I guess I shouldn't dawdle so much. I was wondering how it was going by so fast the last couple times...duh!
    Still over 7 minutes for me, but it looks like they changed the level to make it easier.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1069.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	7637

Quote Originally Posted by superduperdave2 View Post
    Still over 7 minutes for me, but it looks like they changed the level to make it easier. (...)
    Wow! I looked at my level 174, and it's at 7:30. And mine looks like your photo...they took out 3 of those little windows. Should definitely make it easier to pass (and make lots of special jewels!) Maybe it won't be too bad going back for more stars after all. Good luck!

New Resident
    Wow! I looked at my level 174, and it's at 7:30. And mine looks like your photo...they took out 3 of those little windows. Should definitely make it easier to pass (and make lots of special jewels!) Maybe it won't be too bad going back for more stars after all. Good luck!
    I have just gotten to level 174 and as I only have 1:30 on the clock I was curious as to what strategy u guys were using!!! Shocked to see u have either 5 or 7 minutes for this level and that flames only expand after each move???? Mine keep multiplying whether u move or not and why the time difference???? Help team lava...
    Last edited by aileeniweeni; 06-26-13 at 07:19 PM. Reason: fixed spelling

Wow, they sure have been tweaking level 174 over the last couple months. When Aileeniweeni first posted about it, she mentioned the time kept increasing (because it was so difficult.) I took a screenshot of mine today...to post alongside the one I took earlier this month. The 1st photo was taken June 6th-ish, the 2nd today:

So they removed some windows, which makes it a bit easier. But they also removed time and made the fire spread faster (making it more difficult.) Yep, LOTS of tweaks! Sorry, -that level still looks like a nightmare!
    Last edited by aileeniweeni; 06-26-13 at 07:20 PM. Reason: removed starred word

Fashion Designer
    I just checked my level 174 and mine has also been changed to look like this picture above except i have 1:30 on the clock as of right now. I played it a couple times and the fire does indeed spread independent of making moves. The fire now behaves as it does on most of the other timed fire levels, which spreads as time passes. The positive note is that it is MUCH easier to make matches and create special jewels compared to before, so take advantage of that. I tried to contain the fire as much as possible and make horizontal blasters, and hope that i could get the horizontal blaster to fall to the bottom row so it would wipe out the fire.

i actually think this level feels improved over the original one. because that one felt more about luck. but to each their own and good luck everyone!
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Oh yeah, that original one made my arm actually hurt--it was so long yet felt hopeless a lot of the time! This has to be an improvement, lol!

New Resident
    Hey guys! New to the forum and so delighted to find fellow enthusiasts Question about level 172... The time on my game says 1:10 but the challenge says to finish in 180secs. Is this a bug and has any one encountered it before? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, mrshopia! My 172 game & challenge now say the same as yours, but my timer used to have 9+ minutes! My guess is they've made some tweaks to the level, but haven't fixed/adjusted the challenge to reflect the changes. Just my opinion, lol...

Fashion Designer
    welcome mrshopia! Phaedrakiki sounds on track. Level parameters may be adjusted along the way so that the level isn't too easy or impossible to pass. This would include the amount of time on timed levels. I'm not sure what the original time was on level 172, but I am guessing it was over 180 seconds. Thanks for catching this and I'll pass this along.

But on the plus side, if you're able to pass this level, you should be guaranteed the keys from the challenge as it is set right now.
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast