Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Unicorn Summit - Levels 169 - 174

Whoo-hoo!!! I finally got lucky...got a diamond and a green blaster next to each other (and this time there were lots of same-color jewels on the board!) It was only seconds into the game, too, so there wasn't much fire to put out. When I saw two green horizontal blasters in the bottom row, I knew I was going to pass. Hahahahahahahaha...I'm so happyyyyyy!

Oh, sorry. Lost control there for a minute...

You know how at the end, all the leftover time/minutes turn into "bonus" blasters/bombs? I had so much time left, that the entire board turned into special jewels! They all exploded, and then it added even more! Here's how it looked when it was full of specials:

Looks cool, right? I snapped it a little early, though...there's still a regular jewel left on that screenshot. Oops! Unfortunately, even after all that, I still only ended up with one star! Don't want to think about going back for more, at least not soon. I suppose I will eventually have to. In the meantime, I really wish they'd fix this. If you finish early, you should get more than one star! Anyway, guess it's time to go. I'm heading off to Toadstool Thicket. Good luck!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Whoo-hoo!!! I finally got lucky...got a diamond and a green blaster next to each other (and this time there were lots of same-color jewels on the board!) It was only seconds into the game, too, so there wasn't much fire to put out. When I saw two green horizontal blasters in the bottom row, I knew I was going to pass. Hahahahahahahaha...I'm so happyyyyyy!

Oh, sorry. Lost control there for a minute...

You know how at the end, all the leftover time/minutes turn into "bonus" blasters/bombs? I had so much time left, that the entire board turned into special jewels! They all exploded, and then it added even more!
    (...)
    Looks cool, right? I snapped it a little early, though...there's still a regular jewel left on that screenshot. Oops! Unfortunately, even after all that, I still only ended up with one star! Don't want to think about going back for more, at least not soon. (...)
    YAY!! CONGRATS!! i really dislike this level and i'm glad you weren't stuck for ages and i've had my board end up like that before too. it was great! but you don't get nearly enough points as you think you would get for that happening, but still looks really cool as you said! haha and i spotted that last 'regular' jewel leftover and was about to say something but then continued reading your post and saw that you caught it too yay again for you!

Yeah, I was trying to time it just right. I tend to be a little "slow on the draw" so I overcompensated, lol! And I can't do 2 screenshots in quick succession. I don't know if this is normal, or just my device. (It's my first IOS...was an Android girl before.) In fact, sometimes on digging levels, I have to take the screenshots on 2 different rounds--just can't take the photos quickly enough!

Thanks, Aileeniweeni, it was a supreme relief to get through level 174!

Farm Supplier
    Congrats to you! 174 really is a lil' bugger isn't it?! So few matches! The other previous levels have been fine... But it was really difficult on the digging down level.... I took your advice Aileeniweeni - and didn't touch the screen as soon as I'd passed for fear of getting a doom jewel! I had over six minutes left on the clock, and some purple jewels kept flashing at me to switch them! I was good and left them be!

Farm Supplier
    Finally finished! A couple of blasters landing in lucky spots got it down to 2 flames, which for once has a match right next to them! Hurrah!! I had over 4 minutes left on the clock... It made every jewel a special jewel, blasted them all, and then did some more for a second big blast! Two stars!

Onwards!

Congrats! Passing that one is a huge relief, huh? Yay!

Fashion Designer
    yay congrats pastasplace!

Farm Supplier
    Thank you both!

Executive Chef
    Thanks tl for making 174 easier and passable

I thought the way it was impossible until you fixed it

Fashion Designer
    174 pissed me off. I got a bomb-blaster combo and it cleared most of the fire, but then it FROZE. I couldn't swipe jewels and matched jewels after the combo wouldn't clear. By the time I got the game unstuck, almost all the fire I cleared had spread back over the board. Why wouldn't the stupid fire freeze? Nope. It kept spreading behind the frozen veil as the timer ticked down so I was screwed. I would have had this board cleared on this one too. AAARRRGGGG

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast