Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicorn Summit - Levels 169 - 174

Farm Supplier
    Just finished 171, but haven't got energy to start 172... They were a really nice few levels! It was nice to have a breather after those fire levels! Felt like the earlier levels when it was fun!

However, 5 minutes on the clock makes me a bad mummy... My little person had to watch a few episodes of Sarah and Duck just so I could play (not that she minded of course!!)... Those levels with 9 minutes on the clock are going to be too long for me to manage...

Quote Originally Posted by pastasplace View Post
    Just finished 171 (...) They were a really nice few levels! It was nice to have a breather after those fire levels! Felt like the earlier levels when it was fun!

However, 5 minutes on the clock makes me a bad mummy... (...) Those levels with 9 minutes on the clock are going to be too long for me to manage...
    Yeah, this island has some fun, as well as lengthy levels! It was nice being away from fire for a bit. Though now, I'm right back in it. Wait til you see 174--Aileeni calling it "a lil' bugger" is putting it mildly, lol! Glad you're "moving" now...I know firsthand how frustrating it is to be stuck. In fact, I'm prob stuck now (gonna require some luck on 174...)

See ya here soon!
    Phaedrakiki
    PS: You mean Jewel Mania isn't supposed to take precedence over parenting?

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    yea if one half of the board is covered in flames it's pretty much impossible to pass the level. you're probably better off saving your time and just restarting the level. (...) i've played this level numerous times (...) i was never able to make a come back after half my board went up in flames. (...) hard to make "smart moves" on this level since you often only have 1 or 2 choices to make a match. And all the extra time that was added is really not helpful at all! (...)
    Haha, yeah I see what you mean about the extra time. It's not really helpful, though I guess it would be in the right circumstances. We'll see if those come about, lol. I do like the fact that you can take your time--never thought I'd say that about a timed level! And I see what you mean about it being a waste of time trying to bring the board back from the brink of fire disaster! This level really isn't (usually) about making smart moves, either. As you say, there's usually only 1 or 2 total! I've only made diamonds twice; both times had to waste 'em cuz they were the only move on the board! Frustrating, that! This level will prob come down to luck--hopefully, I'll get something like your "blaster dropped down onto diamond"-thing (and soon!)

Last night something weird happened. I often get "sync" errors, or lagging. Sometimes it results in an "Oh, darn" message, & other times it fixes itself. But last night, it did a little "skipped record" sound (like sometimes happens) and then the board froze...but the timer kept going! You can see the 4 yellow jewels in a row, but they never combined & disappeared. The timer kept counting down, and I could pause the board (kept doing it hoping it would "catch up" with itself,) and then go back to it. Initially I could make more matches, but the jewels wouldn't "disappear" (happened prior to photos.) Then there were no more matches to be had, so all I could do is watch the timer drain. When time was out, the game was stuck on 0:00, and I couldn't close out of the level. I had to force-close the game. When I tried it first thing today, it seemed like it was going to "skip" again. So I forced closed JM, then hard-restarted my iPhone. I just played a game, and it seemed to work fine. Here are 3 screenshots, showing it stuck as timer went on:

How bizarre! Right? Hope that doesn't happen again!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    (...) This level will prob come down to luck--hopefully, I'll get something like your "blaster dropped down onto diamond"-thing (and soon!)

Last night something weird happened. I often get "sync" errors, or lagging. (...)

yes it most definitely will require luck and lots of it! in a couple rounds, i had a horizontal blaster drop down to the bottom row, with only flames left in the bottom row, BUT of course no jewels in sight to activate it. that's the only time that boost which "activates all your special jewels at once" may come in handy. it is offered for coins before you start the level, but you never know if you'll actually have a good use for it. mine is 206k coins, so it'd only be a matter of time that my coins would drain from using it each time.

and wow that's really weird about your sync error... i'm just glad it didn't happen to you at a time that you were about to clear a level. that'd be super frustrating. i'm sure you're updated and all that jazz? i've had weird random errors before but not frequent at all.

Fashion Designer
    (...) Last night something weird happened. (...)

ok i just noticed that in your pictures the flame count increased from 26 to 27 to 29... which shouldn't happen if you're not making any moves (in this particular level). very strange!!
    Last edited by FrozenTurtle; 06-06-13 at 05:47 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Wow, I hadn't noticed the flame count, Aileeniweeni! Very odd. Yeah, I'm updated & all. Hopefully, it was a one-time thing. If it happens again, I'll contact support. Oh yeah, if I had been close to passing, I'd be highly upset!

As for the boosts, it's nice they offer some for coins. But I don't like how you lose the boosts if you don't use them. You can't possibly know if you're going to get close on any random attempt at a level. That's when you'd want to use a boost, not when one side of your board's engulfed in flame, or you are down to one match & constant reshuffling 2 minutes in. You're right, your coins or gold would diminish quickly if you had to buy the boost before every single "try". If they did it differently, if they let an unused boost carry over to the next attempt (of the same level), it would be more "fair" & they'd probably sell more of them!

I, too, have had horizontal blasters drop to the bottom on 174. Just happened, in fact. Didn't think about that "activation" boost, but it def would've come in handy. I certainly had a few blasters in good spots! Too bad they don't let you buy it & use it when you need it! Well, you can, but it costs more in the level (or maybe not that one...) I actually did my first "big combo" on this level, a blaster + bomb. (I call blasters w/bomb or diamond "big"--the rest seem to clear a smaller # of jewels.) It was too high on the board to clear enough fire, though. Still waiting on that luck, lol!

Thanks for these screenshots! We'll take a look to see why this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    Thanks for these screenshots! We'll take a look to see why this happened.
    Thank you, Frozen Turtle!

Omg! I just got 2 diamonds next to each other on 174. I also had a red blaster next to 1 of the diamonds, but only 2 other red jewels. So swapping the diamonds was the best choice. It cleared a lot of fire, but I didn't pass. I hope that wasn't all my luck wasted in one game, lol! I even had a third diamond after that, but couldn't combo it...it was the only move I had! I also made lots of blasters & bombs, but couldn't get 'em next to each other. Ugh, this level is very frustrating, I'm starting to envision being stuck here forever! My arm is even sore from playing--the levels on Unicorn Summit are quite a bit lengthier than others!

Hey, just realized the time on 174 has been reduced to 5:44! It probably doesn't matter, but I guess I shouldn't dawdle so much. I was wondering how it was going by so fast the last couple times...duh!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast