Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 71

Thread: Unicorn Summit - Levels 169 - 174

  1. #1
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    835

    Unicorn Summit - Levels 169 - 174

    Woo Hoo! Catching up to the newer islands

    Level 169 has one long snake going through the middle of the board. There are 3 separated top areas that should be focused on breaking the glass and also killing the snake so you can break the glass underneath it. Besides that, nothing new so far... A nice relief from the pesky flames

  2. #2
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    835
    level 170 is a glass level. there are 4 stone jewels that are propped up by 2 walls. the key is to get the stone jewel out of that position either by creating a special jewel (ideal) or just moving it out of that spot so that you can break the glass. the stone jewel can't move just by dropping because of the wall, which is why you need to move it yourself. so for this level, focus on getting the stone jewels out of the way.

    level 171 is timed and you must dig down 12 meters. a row of black jewels and then eventually some white blocks and then just a row of jewels alternate with regular brick in between. so best way is to create blasters and bombs to get rid of the black jewels so it doesn't block you from digging down.

  3. #3
    Executive Chef Phaedrakiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    1,464

    Thumbs up

    Hi Aleeniweeni, just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of your tips! You have already helped me so much, and I know these will be handy, too--if I ever get there, lol. Stuck on 116 right now (timed level & unbreakable/stone jewels--so hard for me!) Sounds like I'll still be battling those new jewels on your faraway island...

    Good luck, and thanks again!

  4. #4
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    835
    hey Phaedrakiki! thanks!! and your tips have been really great too!! yea those stone jewels are tough tough tough!!

    level 172 is another timed digging level. only have to dig 6 meters down and there are some walls w/in the bricks. there is >4 min on the timer which seems nice... BUT lots of surprises drop down as you play. doom jewels, black jewels, white blocks... so far have dropped in so you'll be busy trying to get rid of those. obviously doom jewel takes priority. only had one energy to try the level, so i'll try again later to see if anything else troubling drops in

  5. #5
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    835
    in level 172, i managed to finally get a board that didn't have a crazy amount of doom jewels dropping in and was able to pass it with a lot of time left on the clock. the level starts with 4:50 minutes but by the time i dug down to 6/6 i still had around 2:50 left on the clock. the level won't finish until all the remaining time ends, so i made a couple more matches, only to have more doom jewels drop in. luckily i was able to get rid of the doom jewels, and then i just stopped making anymore moves. so my piece of advice for this level, once you dig 6/6 meters down and it says goal reached AND you've gotten rid of any doom jewels present on the board, just stop making any moves. it's simply not worth the risk to earn more points by digging down more (unless you've already beaten this level and are trying to get 3 stars). you must resist the urge!! i'd also randomly touch my screen just to make sure my device didn't idle out.

    level 173 is a fire level. it has a bunch of snakes at the bottom (8 i think) and a couple doom jewels, stone jewels, crates. and some white blocks and black jewels drop in (maybe more doom jewels too - can't remember). the primary focus is getting rid of the doom jewels. don't worry about the crates or stone jewels since this is a fire level. once you kill the snakes, it will expose the fire and then the fire will start to spread with each move you make. i passed this level with a bomb/blaster combo near the bottom.

    and to the last level of unicorn summit, level 174 is a fire and timed level. however, unlike usual fire timed levels, the fire will only spread each time you make a move. since the fire doesn't spread by the amount of time that passes, don't feel pressured to move fast. there are some gaps that run down the middle of the board, so when the fire starts to spread from the bottom to the top it will divide the board into 2 areas. in the few rounds i've played, the board was constantly reshuffling because as the fire grew it made the areas smaller and harder to make matches. there is 3:20 minutes on the clock, so it's probably wise to play a slower game but make better matches that are next to the fire or make matches to create special jewels. hope to get a glimpse of the next island by end of day

  6. #6
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    835
    Passed 174 and it was no picnic. So hard to make any good matches. I got lucky and had a diamond make itself and dropped down onto a blaster. Combined those babies and pow! Wiped out the fire. Otherwise this level is nothing but a shuffling shrinking board. Onto the next island !

  7. #7
    Executive Chef Phaedrakiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    1,464

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    in level 172, (...)
    by the time i dug down to 6/6 i still had around 2:50 left on the clock. the level won't finish until all the remaining time ends, so i made a couple more matches, only to have more doom jewels drop in. luckily i was able to get rid of the doom jewels, and then i just stopped making anymore moves. so my piece of advice for this level, once you dig 6/6 meters down and it says goal reached AND you've gotten rid of any doom jewels present on the board, just stop making any moves. it's simply not worth the risk
    (...)
    Good advice! I was on a similar level recently, same thing happened ( longer doom jewel timers, though.) I was thinking how furious I'd have been if a doom jewel got me after finally digging far enough! Very smart!

    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Passed 174 and (...) I got lucky and had a diamond make itself and dropped down onto a blaster. Combined those babies and pow! Wiped out the fire (...)
    Don't cha love it when that happens! Good luck in the next island!

  8. #8
    Executive Chef Phaedrakiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    (...) Level 169 has one long snake going through the middle of the board. There are 3 separated top areas that should be focused on breaking the glass and also killing the snake so you can break the glass underneath it. (...)
    Level 169: 53 double-glass in 45 moves (5JC's.) A long single-headed snake vertically down the middle, and 2 areas separated from oddly-shaped main board--a 3 x 3 area in upper left & 3 x 2 area in upper right.



    I killed the snake, and tried to make moves towards the bottom so that I'd get "bonus matches" as replacement jewels fell in. I watched the 2 separated areas for moves I could make to clear the glass. Finally combined a blaster + bomb, which got all but two remaining glass in upper right. Made a few more moves until I got a match in the right area above, and Tah-dah! On to next...

    Very enjoyable level! Have fun,
    Phaedrakiki

  9. #9
    Executive Chef Phaedrakiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    level 170 is a glass level. there are 4 stone jewels that are propped up by 2 walls. the key is to get the stone jewel out of that position either by creating a special jewel (ideal) or just moving it out of that spot so that you can break the glass. the stone jewel can't move just by dropping because of the wall, which is why you need to move it yourself. so for this level, focus on getting the stone jewels out of the way. (...)
    Level 170: 60 2x-glass in 85 moves (all 6 JC's.) Stone jewels tucked into "L"-shaped wooden walls (use Aileeni's tip above.)



    I passed this one on my first try. I ended up clearing 2 of the unbreakable/stone jewels, and the other two I just moved out of the way. Eventually I was down to 2 glass in the bottom left wall area, which is a little difficult to match-around. Luckily, I made a diamond directly above, so I swapped it with the jewel in the "L". The jewel on the other remaining glass was the same color, so it was also cleared by the diamond. So I passed--Hurray! What perfect timing!

    Enjoy this fun level!
    Phaedrakiki
    P.S.: No energy to check the next level, guess I'll hit the hay...

  10. #10
    Executive Chef Phaedrakiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    (...) level 171 is timed and you must dig down 12 meters. a row of black jewels and then eventually some white blocks and then just a row of jewels alternate with regular brick in between. so best way is to create blasters and bombs to get rid of the black jewels so it doesn't block you from digging down.
    Level 171: 5:15 to dig 12 meters (6JC's.) Black boxes and ice are embedded in the dirt/brick. See Aileeni's tip above.





    I had just enough energy charge to try it once...got to the last row (close, but no cigar .) I wasted a little time, though, taking screenshots, etc. planning to restart, but then I saw it had matches at the dirt line, plus a blaster-creating move. So I decided to play. So if I get the same opportunities next time, I'll dive right in instead of dilly-dallying, and I should be able to pass. We'll see tomorrow! ~
    G'night, all!
    Phaedrakiki
    Last edited by aileeniweeni; 06-29-13 at 12:28 PM. Reason: fixed level # per player's request

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •