Thread: Level 40

New Resident

Level 40

Any hints. I have been stuck on this for days.

Farm Supplier
    I didn't find the colour ink bottles hugely useful, and spent a lot of time obsessing about them for a while... I found the best thing was to clear out the colour you don't need, to make larger blocks/clusters of the two needed colours (larger blocks give better returns). Once you've cleared the second colour, clear the third. By then, the third colour will be in maybe two or three really big clusters, and you get a good percentage for it. The screen will drop down some more, repeat the process.
    I used the blenders to drop the ink bottles, and tried to use it on block colours that I didn't need, but didn't waste too much time on that....

New Resident
    That did it! After 4 days being stuck on the level obsessing about the ink bottles, I tried the large block method and go it in one go. Thanks, pastasplace.

Farm Supplier
    Glad it worked for you! Now I'm completely stuck on level 48... More ink bottles with seemingly no/little point to them!

Rhino Keeper
    Wow....after being stuck for days too..after tip above ...1st try victory

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pastasplace View Post
    I didn't find the colour ink bottles hugely useful, and spent a lot of time obsessing about them for a while... I found the best thing was to clear out the colour you don't need, to make larger blocks/clusters of the two needed colours (larger blocks give better returns). Once you've cleared the second colour, clear the third. By then, the third colour will be in maybe two or three really big clusters, and you get a good percentage for it. The screen will drop down some more, repeat the process.
    I used the blenders to drop the ink bottles, and tried to use it on block colours that I didn't need, but didn't waste too much time on that....
    Thank you so much. I was stuck and followed your advice.once I ignored the bottles and concentrate don the colour I didn't need, I cleared the level. I had gotten close before but always a few points away.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! After being stuck for a day on this, this thread solved it. I was obsessing about trying to get more colours changed with the bottles when I only needed to clear larger blocks.