Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: City Metro Weekly Update May 2

Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    I'm actually working on it this weekend. Here's a few of the things I'll be exploring:

Note: I say exploring because I can't be 100% sure it will make it into the final set of changes.

I'll likely be looking at the profitability of most businesses/residences/community buildings, and adjusting it to fit the fact players have significantly more energy, which gives them a larger daily income.
    The level 1-10 community buildings will probably be adjusted to be on 24 hour collection timers, since it looks like it's being abused a bit more than expected.
    The rest of the community buildings that are made with parts will be evaluated as well. It's likely some of the higher level ones will have their part counts reduced.
    Industries and Goods production will definitely get some attention, as higher level players just can't produce enough goods to keep their businesses supplied. If this gets boosted at the higher end, expect prices of items to go up significantly to account for it.
    Item Levels as a whole will be looked at, and balanced against the level range of the majority of the playerbase. Some buildings will be available for the 50+ players, but likely a lot less than what's currently there.
    Quests as a whole will probably be changed a lot. This is largely due to the way the game plays now with all the extra energy. This will be done to hopefully accommodate new players and to ensure their first session of the game is enjoyable, and that they come back for more.
    I'll see if I can boost the amount of neighbors that you can visit/tip.
    Gifting could use some love. If this requires engineering work though, I'll probably not be able to do much.
    Expansions are probably bit too punishing. I'll see if I can get their requirements to be a bit more sensible.

That Jewelry store idea is fantastic. I'll see what I can do about making something like that a reality in some capacity. There's a few possible ways it could be done, but definitely don't expect this to be something anytime soon
    Good thing I didn't take advantage of the free energy.
    Thanks for making changes so soon, I've saved $1.1 million already, and I'm just waiting for the levels to go down

Fashion Designer
    If you do make some changes to the revenue/goods for businesses, please make sure the gem building still have the best ratios. Perhaps the low level/cheap businesses should have a ratio of about 3:1, and high level ones up to 4:1 (maybe 5). Then set the cheap gem ones to something like 6:1 and the dear gem ones 8:1. This would encourage more gem buildings for those of us keen on max profits. For me, there is very little incentive to buy the bergamo/egyptian palaces as they are now, due to their poor ratios.

I'd also like longer collection times for businesses, like they used to be when CSM first came out, having collection times less than 30mins isnt great as it is nigh on impossible to supply these.

Correct. I'm a game designer, so I can only change existing values of things. New features are definitely out my comfort zone, though Im exploring the jewelry store idea.
    And since you're a game designer, that means you create the weekly content, right?

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    If you do make some changes to the revenue/goods for businesses, please make sure the gem building still have the best ratios. Perhaps the low level/cheap businesses should have a ratio of about 3:1, and high level ones up to 4:1 (maybe 5). Then set the cheap gem ones to something like 6:1 and the dear gem ones 8:1. This would encourage more gem buildings for those of us keen on max profits. For me, there is very little incentive to buy the bergamo/egyptian palaces as they are now, due to their poor ratios.

I'd also like longer collection times for businesses, like they used to be when CSM first came out, having collection times less than 30mins isnt great as it is nigh on impossible to supply these.
    I definitely can look at making the gem businesses payout much better. We probably won't change the times much for any of the businesses, but instead look at adding more short contracts to each of the industries to allow for a more active play. In the early game you can keep a constant supply production pretty effectively by using the Fruits 'N Veggies contracts. I'd like to have the same thing for the other industries, as they'll make each session more enjoyable. This will slightly change the way you're used to playing the game, but it should be more fun.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    And since you're a game designer, that means you create the weekly content, right?
    I used to come up with a lot of the stats and concepts for buildings, but that is no longer part of my responsibilities. I'm working on something that hasn't been announced yet for the majority of my time. I'm just trying to spend some extra spare time on this game as it's the first one I worked on when I joined here, and I want to see it get the attention it deserves.

I used to come up with a lot of the stats and concepts for buildings, but that is no longer part of my responsibilities. I'm working on something that hasn't been announced yet for the majority of my time. I'm just trying to spend some extra spare time on this game as it's the first one I worked on when I joined here, and I want to see it get the attention it deserves.
    You have a great work ethic.
    So what do you do now to contribute to the game(s)?

Designer of Worlds
    You have a great work ethic.
    So what do you do now to contribute to the game(s)?
    Very little to be honest. I did CSM, and then Castle Story, Mystery Seeker Story, and now the unannounced game. This recent amount of efforts has been a coordinated effort between myself and a producer who is responsible for the content updates for CSM now. We're both working in some of our spare time on this, and our hope is to try to get the game headed in the right direction in order to get engineering resources for further development.

Funny enough, the biggest changes I'm making wont be seen by most of you guys, as I'm trying to polish and perfect the beginning of the game in a way that feels smooth and enjoyable. With all the new energy, I had to retune all the quests, which now are completed in just a couple of sessions. My hope is that it will be enjoyable enough for players to come back for more and enjoy the game.

Very little to be honest. I did CSM, and then Castle Story, Mystery Seeker Story, and now the unannounced game. This recent amount of efforts has been a coordinated effort between myself and a producer who is responsible for the content updates for CSM now. We're both working in some of our spare time on this, and our hope is to try to get the game headed in the right direction in order to get engineering resources for further development.

Funny enough, the biggest changes I'm making wont be seen by most of you guys, as I'm trying to polish and perfect the beginning of the game in a way that feels smooth and enjoyable. With all the new energy, I had to retune all the quests, which now are completed in just a couple of sessions. My hope is that it will be enjoyable enough for players to come back for more and enjoy the game.
    So then how did you make those changes to the game last week?

And are you allowed to announce unannounced games this early?

Executive Chef
    I quit this game because of the energy or lack of energy. But I will tell you, MHz, with you this active in the forum, you are making people take notice of it and its changes. So kudos to you for caring enough about your players. Wish the Dragon team cared as much as you. If you want more players, see if you can introduce it as a game goal. Many players will come and play and a lot will stay.

Designer of Worlds
    So then how did you make those changes to the game last week?

And are you allowed to announce unannounced games this early?
    Yea, the recent changes were done by me.

It should be expected we're always working on new stuff. I won't ever say anything other than 'I'm working on something I can't really talk about'
    Last edited by MHz_; 04-27-13 at 08:23 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast