Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: City Metro Weekly Update May 2

Executive Chef

City Metro Weekly Update May 2

Mini Golf Course
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)
    Restaurant & Bakery Completely Updated!
    IDs: Sehana (main)

I love it! I just hope it won't be locked at a high level and or worth gems.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    I love it! I just hope it won't be locked at a high level and or worth gems.
    Level 31, and yea it's a gem item. It looks so cool, you gotta understand that we had to make it premium

Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    Level 31, and yea it's a gem item. It looks so cool, you gotta understand that we had to make it premium
    Thanks for the insight. And that's so weird how this item is available at a lower level, while the new "American Diner" is locked at level 82.
    And I understand.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    Thanks for the insight. And that's so weird how this item is available at a lower level, while the new "American Diner" is locked at level 82.
    And I understand.
    Yea, expect a bunch of those high level items to go back to realistic requirements soon. We pushed the bar too high and now that high level stuff is only accessible to the handful of people who are 50+.

Farm Supplier
    What else can we expect from the update this week MHz?

Rhino Keeper
    It's a nice addition and I understand why it's a gem item. What would make it a better received item is if there were more ways to earn gems. I've played the other TL games given as tasks and earned the gems. The only other way to earn gems right now is to buy them. A gifting option as suggested many times before would be helpful.

Some time ago I also mentioned the possibility of a business that produces gems instead of coins, like a jewelry store. Even if the building produces 1 gem/ day using 1000 goods (for example) I'm sure it would be a well received item to patient players. To avoid players abusing the business, TL can maybe allow only one jewelry store in a city, or have it limited to levels (the way industry buildings are limited to population), like every 20 levels you can build another jewelry store.

This is just my suggestion; I'm not sure whether other players would agree if it's a good one.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglara501 View Post
    What else can we expect from the update this week MHz?
    I'm actually working on it this weekend. Here's a few of the things I'll be exploring:

Note: I say exploring because I can't be 100% sure it will make it into the final set of changes.

I'll likely be looking at the profitability of most businesses/residences/community buildings, and adjusting it to fit the fact players have significantly more energy, which gives them a larger daily income.
    The level 1-10 community buildings will probably be adjusted to be on 24 hour collection timers, since it looks like it's being abused a bit more than expected.
    The rest of the community buildings that are made with parts will be evaluated as well. It's likely some of the higher level ones will have their part counts reduced.
    Industries and Goods production will definitely get some attention, as higher level players just can't produce enough goods to keep their businesses supplied. If this gets boosted at the higher end, expect prices of items to go up significantly to account for it.
    Item Levels as a whole will be looked at, and balanced against the level range of the majority of the playerbase. Some buildings will be available for the 50+ players, but likely a lot less than what's currently there.
    Quests as a whole will probably be changed a lot. This is largely due to the way the game plays now with all the extra energy. This will be done to hopefully accommodate new players and to ensure their first session of the game is enjoyable, and that they come back for more.
    I'll see if I can boost the amount of neighbors that you can visit/tip.
    Gifting could use some love. If this requires engineering work though, I'll probably not be able to do much.
    Expansions are probably bit too punishing. I'll see if I can get their requirements to be a bit more sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiNJ View Post
    It's a nice addition and I understand why it's a gem item. What would make it a better received item is if there were more ways to earn gems. I've played the other TL games given as tasks and earned the gems. The only other way to earn gems right now is to buy them. A gifting option as suggested many times before would be helpful.

Some time ago I also mentioned the possibility of a business that produces gems instead of coins, like a jewelry store. Even if the building produces 1 gem/ day using 1000 goods (for example) I'm sure it would be a well received item to patient players. To avoid players abusing the business, TL can maybe allow only one jewelry store in a city, or have it limited to levels (the way industry buildings are limited to population), like every 20 levels you can build another jewelry store.

This is just my suggestion; I'm not sure whether other players would agree if it's a good one.
    That Jewelry store idea is fantastic. I'll see what I can do about making something like that a reality in some capacity. There's a few possible ways it could be done, but definitely don't expect this to be something anytime soon
    Last edited by MHz_; 04-27-13 at 02:06 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    That Jewelry store idea is fantastic. I'll see what I can do about making something like that a reality in some capacity. There's a few possible ways it could be done, but definitely don't expect this to be something anytime soon
    Please take as much time as needed, I'm patient. It'd be best to take your time and do it properly than rush it anyways, and I'm sure TL has has a full plate right now. I'm just glad the idea generated a good response. Thanks! ��

Rhino Keeper
    I'm actually working on it this weekend. Here's a few of the things I'll be exploring:

Note: I say exploring because I can't be 100% sure it will make it into the final set of changes.
    MHz_ where have you been all my life?! I just have to say I love how much you contribute to the Forums!! Thank you for bringing transparency to the game, it gives me so much to look forward to and be excited about!

Now if you can just get the Content Manager to do the same

I'm so pleased that you are looking into all those things - thank you!

Ps. What would be the impact on parts requirements for Community, if they are reduced but I have already purchased and built the building? Will I need parts based on when I purchased it, or whatever it changes to?

I went a bit crazy on the last weekly update and bought WAY more new Community than I could supply parts for!!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast