Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Abode Ablaze- levels 157 - 162

Thanks, pastasplace! Good luck to you, too! Yeah, I've had lots of 20 second tries, as well. This level is insane! I actually got all the way through the 2 min. once, but the fire was out of control. One other time, I had a ton of special jewels & I was down to two flames. But a doom jewel got me before I could finish. If only I could combine the good parts of those tries... I agree with you about the energy--I always hate the 1-hr. charge time more when playing doom jewel levels. And these short :20 timers are the worst ever! Well, good luck, again...may you soon ship off to Volcanic Ruins island. (I wanna come with, lol!)

There goes another round of 5 energies in <1 min. I hate level 162!!! I agree with something said earlier in this thread...it would still be challenging with slightly fewer doom jewels, or longer timers, or 1 less color of jewel, etc. It doesn't need to be that ridiculously difficult. There's nothing fun about it, at least not to me!

New Resident
    I beat 162 in 11 seconds by some crazy miracle of combining a blaster and a diamond. I was so stunned when it ended lol. But I only got one star and now the next island is locked. Ugh

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jaynesce View Post
    I beat 162 in 11 seconds by some crazy miracle of combining a blaster and a diamond. I was so stunned when it ended lol. But I only got one star and now the next island is locked. Ugh
    looks like you need to go back to any previous level that is either at 1 or 2-stars and if you bump your record up a star, maybe the next island will unlock. i know you need a certain amount of total stars to unlock islands. so just keep improving your stars and it should unlock soon. have fun!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    There goes another round of 5 energies in <1 min. I hate level 162!!! I agree with something said earlier in this thread...it would still be challenging with slightly fewer doom jewels, or longer timers, or 1 less color of jewel, etc. It doesn't need to be that ridiculously difficult. There's nothing fun about it, at least not to me!
    yea i remember this very vividly :'( i think i had the same experience as jaynesce when i passed it, it surely felt like a miracle! you'll get it soon phaedrakiki! i'm crossing my fingers for a good board for you!!

New Resident
    One thing I did was restart the board any time I didn't have a match with at least one of the timed jewels from the beginning... But other than that just trying to have rapid swap speed haha

New Resident
    I had 5 energies, collected in 5 hours. They were gone in 3 mins on the level 162. "Looking forward" to play again in the morning. 20 seconds for the first doom jewels, 15 second for the ones dropping. And most of the time i got only one possible match on the board, which takes me 10 secs to find, but there are 4 doom jewels AND they are keep falling. How did you guys manage to pass 162?

Wow, that really is a miracle! What a great level to have it happen on, too!!!

One thing I did was restart the board any time I didn't have a match with at least one of the timed jewels from the beginning. (...)
    Yeah, I've been doing that, too. Hasn't worked as well for me as for you, though, lol! But if I didn't have that small "headstart"...I wouldn't even make it past 20 seconds. (Well, I still usually blow up at :20, but sometimes...) Still, though...I've only made it through the entire 2 minutes only once. 'Course I had quite the big fire going, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    yea i remember this very vividly :'( i think i had the same experience as jaynesce when i passed it, it surely felt like a miracle! you'll get it soon phaedrakiki! i'm crossing my fingers for a good board for you!!
    Thank you--need all the help I can get! Sure would love to have a "miracle" of my own, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by mmilonga View Post
    I had 5 energies, collected in 5 hours. They were gone (...)
    Hear, hear!!!

Just used up another 5 energies. 162 really is over-complicated. Most of the time there's only one match on screen...I find it, the screen reshuffles...and throws a doom jewel next to the (unreachable) fire! If you're lucky enough to get past that, they should at least limit the doom jewels they dump on you. Say, for instance, you make it past the first 10 or so doom jewels, or halfway thru the level like I just did. Stop the doom jewels after a "certain point" or "X#" so we can fight the actual fire! Errrrgh! My whole body is tense--this is crazy!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast