Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Abode Ablaze- levels 157 - 162

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft View Post
    that's what I figured. Dealing with support is probably going to be a big pain in the behind too. So, guess I will just do it all over again. Thanks for the reply.
    yea i think they'd say something about sync error being out of their control, blah blah. i think the next time you pass level 162, take a screen shot just in case. so if it crashes again you have proof good luck!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Level 159: 53 moves to extinguish 12 flames. I think I passed this one on the first try. I gotta say, I'm really enjoying the moves fire levels. You can actually strategize a bit...lots of fun!

Now, the timed fire levels on the other hand (smh)...
    Wow first try?....how???
    I've been stuck here all day
    Please give me tips
    Thanks

Farm Supplier
    I'm up to level 161.... By a complete fluke, I got two magic diamond thingies next to each other... Thinking that surely that would sort everything, I swapped them with each other... Nothing! I didn't have any jewels in the lower section, so it was a complete waste of diamonds... Just as a warning in case anyone else might be tempted to try!

Banned
    Yeah finally beat 159 now to 160 once I get energy

Quote Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft View Post
    I just cleared this level and Then the game crashed! When I reopened the game it doesn't register that I beat level 162. Does any one know if there is anything I can do about this problem. The level was a giant pain in my behind and took many, many, many tried to clear. I don't want to have to do it again!
    I had the same problem a few islands ago. Luckily, it wasn't a tough level to beat, so I just did it again. But in your case, maybe you should contact support. Unless you've passed it again already.

Anyway, just wanted to say I feel for you; that really sucks! I was just stuck on 160 for awhile, so when I beat it, I took a screenshot (JIK, lol!) Hope you've beat 162 again, and you've moved on to the next island!

Good luck,
    Phaedrakiki

Quote Originally Posted by skeleton25 View Post
    Yeah finally beat 159 now to 160 once I get energy
    Congratulations!!! Sorry I didn't get back to you in time with tips (I don't remember how I passed exactly, anyway lol. I think it was blaster + bomb, then a diamond on its own...) Best of luck on 160...that one is tough. Try not to get frustrated. You'll eventually get a board where it all comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by pastasplace View Post
    I'm up to level 161.... (...)I got two magic diamond thingies next to each other... (...)I swapped them with each other... Nothing! (...) it was a complete waste of diamonds... Just as a warning in case anyone else might be tempted to try!
    Hurray! Congrats on that! Thanks for mentioning you were stuck, too. (It helped me to know I wasn't alone, lol.) I just passed it myself! That level was horrible. Most of the time I could only make silly little 3-matches and watch the board reshuffle! So frustrating. I finally got a blaster + bomb combo, then actually had some matches in the bottom that kept the flames from spreading. I had about 4 flames left when the final countdown started. Then I made a diamond, right next to a blaster! I combined them, and hoped it would get those last flames. It did, thank God. Whew!

I'm not excited that 161 is also timed, but I sure am glad I'm finally there (and you, as well...) Thanks also for the info about swapping 2 diamonds. I guess it makes sense, since it clears all jewels on screen. But for such a rarity (2 diamonds side-by-side,) you'd think it would help with fire, too!!!

Good luck to you both!
    Phaedrakiki

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Don't do it! Haha. You don't need boosts trust me. (...) very weird how your boosts costs are tho.

And it looks like you have 1:30 on level 160 now. Sounds luxurious compared to 1:00 before. (...)
    Don't worry...I'm not using my coins. I'm just glad I have the opportunity, lol! Don't know how it happened, but I now have "coin" boosts available between those levels I mentioned (from 100 to 139.) I checked them one-by-one back when we first discussed it, and there were none. Very odd!

Oh, and I gotta tell ya--that 1:30 did not feel luxurious! Felt awful--and fast! Well actually, it wasn't the speed. It was the lack of matches & special jewel-making opportunities. The board just kept reshuffling all the time, or only having 3-match after 3-match available. K, I'll stop...I suppose I've complained enough, lol. (Besides, sounds like I'll be complaining again on 162, according to prev. posts!) I wonder if they messed with the jewel colors in 160 between then and now? Maybe they added some time and a jewel color? Oh, well...I'm finally past it, Hallelujah!

Good luck,
    Phaedrakiki

Level 161: 2:15 to extinguish 12 flames (5JC.) The fire is in a practically-unreachable area at the bottom, with 2 triple-boarded crates and 2 black boxes separating it from the main board. More black boxes fall periodically.

The crates also keep the fire from spreading, but hopefully once they're gone, you'll have some specials handy to blast away down there. It def seemed easier to make special jewels on this level. On my 2nd (or was it 3rd?) try, I was able to combine a blaster + bomb in the lower section! I was so excited, knew that was gonna get me past. Got 3 stars, too! Unfortunately, now it's time for the evil level, 162...

Wish me luck, lol

Phaedrakiki

Level 162: This level is evil! 2:00 to clear 4 flames--sounds easy, right? Then add 4 doom jewels with very short fuses...20 seconds. Not so easy. But wait...the doom jewels keep dropping! All with little, itty-bitty timers. Evil! Ugh. I'm gonna be here a loooooooooooooong time....... There are 4 crates in place, I suppose to keep the fire at bay while battling the doom jewels. I'm guessing because I haven't got past the first few doom jewels yet, so I don't know how fast the fire grows.

Good luck (wishing it to myself, too,)
    Phaedrakiki
    Last edited by aileeniweeni; 07-09-13 at 08:36 PM. Reason: per member's request

Farm Supplier
    Good luck! I'm on 162 as well now... I've had about 12 attempts so far (I really wish the energy refill time was a half hour per go- but then I'd waste more time on this, so maybe best not!) and most of the time I get about 20 seconds of play each time!

Once I had 49 seconds left on the clock, but each time I'm just spending the time dealing with the timed jewels, and not even noticing the flames!

Glad you got through the previous levels pretty speedily. I think that for me these levels are more down to luck than previous levels, which I don't like as much. Looking forward to moving of flame levels already!