Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Abode Ablaze- levels 157 - 162

Farm Supplier

Abode Ablaze- levels 157 - 162

Whoa! This new level is crazy! Fire that spreads with each move... I'm finding it very challenging to put out all of the fire(s) within allotted moves. O_o

Any suggestions on how to pass level 158 would be great.

Thanks

Farm Supplier
    I'm actually stuck on level 158 as well. I'm sure you've passed it by now since the post was made a week ago though, haha. I was within 1 flame, and that was me getting lucky and getting a Diamond and a Bomb powerup together. I think combining powerups is really the only feasible way =P

Fashion Designer
    hmm i'm stuck on level 157... i haven't been getting any good matches at all so the fire just keeps on building. haven't even been able to make a diamond yet. i think i was down to one flame but it's just so unaccessible unless you make a blaster in the perfect spot. and too bad we can't make matches by moving the flame itself with another jewel. that's kind of annoying

Fashion Designer
    ok passed 157 and 158. for 157, it took awhile to get a good board but, first i'd focus on getting rid of the flames in the middle section so that it will give you a workable board to create blasters and diamonds and bombs. so the way the fire works, as soon as you extinguish all the fire in one area, it'll stop spreading in that section. in level 157, there are 3 areas that the fire will grow, the left column, middle area, and right column. so clear out the fire in the middle first. then as the fire grows vertically on the side columns you can get rid of those with blasters or any combo (diamond,blaster, bomb). also another good note and how i passed 157, the last two fires (one on each side column) were both next to a red jewel. and i happened to have a diamond next to a red jewel. so i matched the diamond with the color of the jewel next to the flame and it extinguished both fires. so if you can't make matches next to the flames or don't have blasters, using a diamond with the same color jewel next to a flame is another option.

level 158.. all i remember was that there were crates on the left and right side ... but for some reason i was able to pass 158 w/in a few tries only. totally luck of the board. i can't remember it well enough anymore to give any tips :/

level 159.. the flames are in 2 rows on a bottom area that is somewhat unaccessible so you to create vertical blasters (or blaster combo) to extinguish them. only tried it a few times so don't have a good strategy yet, but it's looking like i just need to get lucky with a good board.

Fashion Designer
    ok with level 159 just passed it and made at least 2 diamonds to help me clear it. i used one of the diamonds to clear out a yellow jewel that happen to be touching a couple of the flames. and the other diamond actually got blasted with a blaster, so i didn't even get to really use it. i had a couple moves left, but luckily had a blaster lined up with the last flame.

level 160 is a timed level with 1:00 minute on the clock. the flames just grow as time passes by, i'm not quite sure how many seconds it takes for one to sprout. the flames start out in a bottom section with some crates. vertical blasters again?? i'll try again later... need a breather from jewel mania

Fashion Designer
    level 161 and 162 are also timed levels. but level 162 is stressful with the addition of doom jewels. doom jewels are on the board at the start of the level and then continually drop in as time goes on. but the fire just keeps spreading as you're focusing on getting rid of the doom jewels. hope to see the next island soon~

Wow, sounds super stressful! Are you using any strategy on these last 3 levels, other than using special jewels/combos to extinguish flames? I'm 50+ levels away (sounds far!), but when I get there in a month or so I'll probably need help, lol!

(Actually, a month is ambitious, haha--I'm still stuck on 105...those crazy doom jewels & 2:50 timer are ****ing me! And how the heck will I ever tackle doomies & fire🔥? 😬smh)

Fashion Designer
    well level 160 and 161 are somewhat similar and really the only strategy is to use special jewels/combos to get rid of the fire. the flames aren't in separate sections, they're just at the bottom but are pretty inaccessible at first. if you can blast at least a few, those flames will disappear and get replaced by jewels. then you can maybe create matches to further extinguish the remaining flames. the only way you can pass those levels is with at least some blasters and the more diamonds the better

now level 162... UGH. just UGH. i literally used all my 5 energies in less than two minutes. the timer on the 4 doom jewels start at 20 seconds, and i have a really hard time getting rid of all of them, not to mention more doom jewels dropping in as you go. the board has some gaps in between each doom jewel which makes it harder to make matches. so even though you only start out with 4 flames, it spreads like wildfire since you have to focus on getting rid of the doom jewels. this is probably the LEAST fun level i've ever played... 20 seconds and you're done
    i think the doom jewels need to have a longer timer or maybe less colors of jewels? it's just difficult to make useful matches in this level in general :/

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    well level 160 and 161 (...)

now level 162... UGH. just UGH. (...) this is probably the LEAST fun level i've ever played... 20 seconds and you're done
    i think the doom jewels need to have a longer timer or maybe less colors of jewels? it's just difficult to make useful matches in this level in general :/
    Sounds awful! By the time I get there they probably will have made some changes... (I'm hoping!) You & OmniBliss (& others) are paving the way for us, lol, and testing the game, too (seems like?!) Thanks for the tips, they're appreciated & really do help. Wish I'd sought help here long ago when I first started JM. I didn't know you could combine gems til I came here...you can imagine the hard time I had getting thru some levels, haha. F.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.o.n! Speaking of timed levels & doom jewels, I just passed 105 (yay!) Still have energy but resting my pounding heart, lol!

Good luck on 162!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Sounds awful! By the time I get there they probably will have made some changes... (I'm hoping!) You & OmniBliss (& others) are paving the way for us, lol, and testing the game, too (seems like?!) Thanks for the tips, they're appreciated & really do help. Wish I'd sought help here long ago when I first started JM. I didn't know you could combine gems til I came here...you can imagine the hard time I had getting thru some levels, haha. F.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.o.n! Speaking of timed levels & doom jewels, I just passed 105 (yay!) Still have energy but resting my pounding heart, lol!

Good luck on 162!
    thx!!! yea i remember on some levels the time on the clock would gradually increase for us as we were playing, bc a few of us were stuck. and also on level 103 they were changing the # of moves. and even on level 131, used to have like only 3 colors of jewels, but then they changed it to 4 colors. so the parameters definitely change a bit, but i think they change it to benefit us (and them of course ). they want to make it challenging enough but not impossible.

sigh... i'm burning through another round of 5 energies on level 162 yet again. i really don't know how to get passed this. i'm thinking of resorting to enlisting the help of another set of hands?? lol

ok hope you blaze your way over here soon

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast