Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Efficient Layout Design? Picture Examples?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeAnd8 View Post
    Does the efficiency designs work both in-game and when you are away from the game or does it only work when you are in-game? I see so much designs that include like a million seat/tables that extends far away from the door which is clearly not efficient. I have a decently efficient design but the design is kind of boring. If the efficiency design works only in-game, then I'd probably change my design but if it works in both, then I'd probably have to keep my current design. Anyone have any idea?
    I've been using the efficient layouts in RS and BS for a long time now. It definitely works when the game is open and when it's closed. I think that the ones that have the million tables are going more for looks/style rather than efficency. Personally, I try to go for both. Send me a friend invitation if you'd like to check out my place.

I realize this thread is 7 years old, but I think the info is pertinent and stands just as important now as it was then in 2013. My reply is to the two layouts above. They are definitely well thought out and look great. However, it struck me that there was a very low number of tables now. One thing you might want to consider, which strikes me as a problem with the two layouts shown above, is that they are not "Neighbor Friendly" so to speak. Let me explain. It is true they are efficient and compact and will provide income from customers. However, with a very small number of tables, one of two things is bound to occur. Either you will be forced to clear your tables a ridiculous number of times per day (assuming, of course, you have a fair number of neighbors, as most of us do) OR, you will end up with full tables the majority of the time and your neighbors will eventually become frustrated with visiting you, as they are unable to tip you since your limited number of tables are always full. Unless you have a stellar personality to keep them coming back, they will simply stop visiting at some point, or, drop you as a neighbor. I know for myself when I add a new neighbor and I see that he/she is new to the game with very few tables, this to me is different, as they are new and need help. I have the patience to help them along with the knowledge that (hopefully!) they will become loyal, reliable, and fun neighbors over time as they GROW and become bigger in size. Conversely, someone who is NOT growing and is doing it on purpose, however, is someone I would not consider keeping as a neighbor for very long.
    Last edited by Storms_Bistro; 11-14-20 at 09:24 PM.

I did not see that this thread had been locked or archived etc so am I allowed to add to the thread even years later?
    Last edited by Storms_Bistro; 11-14-20 at 09:45 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Storms_Bistro View Post
    One thing to consider with the two layouts shown above is that they are not "Neighbor Friendly" as I would call it. Let me explain. It is true they are efficient and compact and will provide income from customers and they only have to move a short distance to the tables. However, with a very small number of tables (20 or so), one of two things will occur. Either you will be forced to clear your tables a ridiculous number of times per day (assuming, of course, you have a fair number of neighbors, as most of us do) OR, you will end up with full tables the majority of the time and your neighbors will eventually become frustrated with visiting you, as they are unable to tip you since your limited number of tables are always full because neighbors take up 6 tips per visit and community visitors, 3 tips. This means 3 neighbors can tip you before you have to clear tables. I don't know about you, but my wrist would hurt from clicking so many times per day for a bunch of neighbors. Unless you have a stellar personality to keep them coming back, they will simply stop visiting at some point, or, drop you as a neighbor. I know for myself when I add a new neighbor and I see that he/she is new to the game with very few tables, this to me is different, as they are new and need help. I have the patience to help them along with the knowledge that (hopefully!) they will become loyal, reliable, and fun neighbors over time as they GROW and become bigger in size. Conversely, someone who is NOT growing and is doing it on purpose, however, is someone I would not consider keeping as a neighbor for very long.
    Decent points, but this is a thread about earning profit and the layout that may help with that. Which is why the layouts that some people have made are in a "L" or even slightly a "T" shape. Not about being neighbour friendly. Though that is great to consider if you're highly worried about that - but if not, this will work decently if not the best in earning profits the fastest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12