Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: New Game Balance Updates (4/19)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    I can't stand that the new update items are so expensive and that it takes too many goods for just one building while the capacity is only 3000 goods! Anyone who saves up hard money of about 100,000 coins, can easily fall down to 3,000 coins by buying 2-3 buildings and a few decorations. This shouldn't be!
    New Community Items also require way too many parts!

Please either decrease parts required or increase materials cap (easier to implement than gifting).

Ps. Any word on Bridges?!

Quote Originally Posted by threeway5 View Post

Please either decrease parts required or increase materials cap (easier to implement than gifting).

Yes! And I hope so! What's "metro" without a few bridges?

Fashion Designer

The parts issue won't be as problematic if we could gift parts daily like in RS or the original City Story.

Designer of Worlds
    So there isn't going to be a Mystery Box feature?
    I'm actually glad there won't be because I like having the chance to buy everything. But... not if they're locked at high levels.
    My plan for the mystery boxes were to have some as coins and some as gem only, with both having different chances at rewarding cool gem items, wonders etc.. I can say they're not coming right now, but don't take that to mean it won't ever come.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane1985 View Post
    MHz_ 2 new wonders awesome! Thanks for answering my questions appreciate it, I'll definitely be saving harder over the next few weeks :-)

Oh also are you giving us the option of buying a higher level piece with gems? I really want a Maliub Beach house haha

Thanks again!
    I looked into it, but its unfortunately not plugged in properly, so it won't be coming any time soon. I will be rebalancing the numbers for a lot of buildings beyond level 30 soon, to make things a bit more attainable for most players. Those of you that are in the higher range (50+) will probably be a bit sad, as items in that range will probably be getting lower levels. Just know that my goal is to try to get all of the players up to your level range, so hopefully you can manage for now. You can at least try to hit level 100 if you're really ambitious

I'll look into adding parts as gifts, and evaluating the parts requirements for stuff in my next update. Bridges are probably not super feasible right now, and if we did them as just a decoration, they'd probably not act as awesome as I'd like them to be. Sorry

Love the updates. I have so much community that at first I thought it was too much energy. Finding the new balance. I actually enjoy having to balance limitations. Are there plans to improve good supply production? It does seem like the cap is higher which is good. But the new businesses require so many goods that you would have to only have 1business to produce enough goods. I have found that I can only have 5or 6businesses total because of the time it takes to make goods. Why cap indiustry buildings at 6. My population would enjoy more businesses. I even own them. Just another aspect of gameplay to consider. Btw still LOVE this game after 8 months! Play several times a day everyday. I love rearranging! I even have a wonder purchased from money collected over all those 8 months! Now that my city is so large I do find it to be slower and a little buggy. I hate when it will no longer allow me to place goods from storage. Can only do small areas of the city at a time.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    I looked into it, but its unfortunately not plugged in properly, so it won't be coming any time soon. I will be rebalancing the numbers for a lot of buildings beyond level 30 soon, to make things a bit more attainable for most players. Those of you that are in the higher range (50+) will probably be a bit sad, as items in that range will probably be getting lower levels. Just know that my goal is to try to get all of the players up to your level range, so hopefully you can manage for now. You can at least try to hit level 100 if you're really ambitious
    If you are looking for a way to benefit long term players, please look into the current settings for expansions. I currently need 64 parts (3 days to collect) and 4 days for expansion, which is 7 days total just to expand one block.

A bit of a slap in the face for someone who has been playing daily for 9 months+ and contributed more than my fair share of Gems!

Ps. Agree with you if Bridges were to be released, they would need to be awesome! So can appreciate it would take some time to develop the content. I would be super upset if they were just Decor.

Designer of Worlds
    If you are looking for a way to benefit long term players, please look into the current settings for expansions. I currently need 64 parts (3 days to collect) and 4 days for expansion, which is 7 days total just to expand one block.

A bit of a slap in the face for someone who has been playing daily for 9 months+ and contributed more than my fair share of Gems!

Ps. Agree with you if Bridges were to be released, they would need to be awesome! So can appreciate it would take some time to develop the content. I would be super upset if they were just Decor.
    Expansions are definitely a bit punishing at the end of the spectrum. I'll do what I can to look into making them a bit more reasonable in my next major update. Note that this update is separate than any content updates you may see go live.

I don't know how to get rid of all this extra energy! I collect my residences and my businesses (but they take too much supplies to get all of them), while collecting from my community buildings and I can still end up with about 30 energy.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't know how to get rid of all this extra energy! I collect my residences and my businesses (but they take too much supplies to get all of them), while collecting from my community buildings and I can still end up with about 30 energy.
    I find myself in the same situation sometimes. Greenhouses help a lot if you can spare about half hour to collect 3-minute contracts. That's what I usually use my surplus energy for. It helps replenish your goods too.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiNJ View Post
    I find myself in the same situation sometimes. Greenhouses help a lot if you can spare about half hour to collect 3-minute contracts. That's what I usually use my surplus energy for. It helps replenish your goods too.
    I'm always way too busy to sit around waiting every 3 minutes to collect. And using all 6 Greenhouses will only supply one of the newer businesses at a time.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast