Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Game Balance Updates (4/19)

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by jawest78 View Post
    I really like this update, and I immediately added more high rise condos (decent return for a 30 minute recharge) when I saw it. What I would really like to see at this point is to make it a little easier to expand. At my current level, it takes 80,000 coins, 64 permits, and 2 days waiting. With it taking 2-3 days to collect the permits and then waiting another 2 days to complete the expansion, I can only expand 1-2 plots per week, and I would like to go a little faster than that. Maybe if we could ask for permits even when an expansion is already in progress?
    My hope (assuming I can continue building momentum) is to get us to add a new industry or building that lets you make permits and parts on a 24 hour timer. This would solve the problem of the game being so dependent on having neighbors. I can look into the values at the high end of the spectrum, but need to be sure that its adequately tight.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    My hope (assuming I can continue building momentum) is to get us to add a new industry or building that lets you make permits and parts on a 24 hour timer. This would solve the problem of the game being so dependent on having neighbors. I can look into the values at the high end of the spectrum, but need to be sure that its adequately tight.
    Parts production would be great! Since we can't gift parts when we're not working on building a Community building (unlike in RS, CS, etc., where you can just gift parts in anticipation of building something), it would be really helpful to have a means to stock up on parts!

I would love to be able to tip more than three buildings for people who are neighbors like other TL games. Right now there is virtually no incentive to visit "neighbors" rather than random "community" members. Cities sometimes take a while to load and neighbors are sometimes full so it's more beneficial and quicker to visit "community" players rather than "neighbors." It would give more incentive for people to add neighbors in general; I see more folks being persnickety about it here than other teamlava games.

Thanks again for the changes and for engaging us in this forum. It's greatly appreciated!

I would seriously buy gems if I could unlock high level buildings.

Nothing in my town makes less than $190, and I have more than enough buildings to spend my energy on. So now I'm just saving money and waiting to level up. I'm at 550k. My point being I wouldn't have to wait so long if you guys went with this idea.

My Proposal:
    -Create Unlock options for locked buildings.
    -Price these Unlock options with Gems at different rates depending on your savvy.
    For an example I'll use a lv1 Player unlocking a lv20 Home.
    Option 1: Price is 50 Gems no matter what level the player is.
    Option 2: Price is 20 Gems per level, so 400 Gems to unlock.

Option 3: Price is dependent on the amount of EXP needed to reach that level.

This not only deals with the frustration of players not being able to use your new content, but it also makes you guys some serious money. Think about it.
    (P.S. If you guys want more productive feedback I suggest you throw some gems towards the people who give you ideas you actually use. Pay the crowd to do your thinking for you)

--Comment removed by MHz
    Last edited by MHz_; 04-24-13 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Removing expletive

Fashion Designer
    So, you want TL to add a gem trap? No thanks

MHz, thank you so much! XOXO! Your attitude of caring and wanting to improve a game is delightfully refreshing! Lately, it's often felt like TL vs. the customers, very adversarial relationship in many of the games. I love being able to collect from all my buildings! I agree with everyone else who would also like to be able to provide goods to all businesses. It should not be impossible to clear all of the dangling icons, so our cities can look perfect, at least for a few hours. That's my biggest gripe on Castle, too. It isn't much fun to decorate, if we can never enjoy looking at our game screen. I would spend a lot more time and gems in my city if it was fun to decorate. I know some folks want to get to max lvl ASAP, but I prefer to design and enjoy the games, been playing about 14 TL games for 1.5 yrs, and I'm in no hurry. MHz, you rock! I'm going to ask some of my nbrs who have left this game to give it another try! This is starting to be fun again! Thank you, thank you!!!

This is awesome. I use to leave the game with half my city unattended because of no energy. Now I leave with energy in my pocket still!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kikilicious74 View Post
    This is awesome. I use to leave the game with half my city unattended because of no energy. Now I leave with energy in my pocket still!!
    Yes is awesome.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanharker View Post
    I would love to be able to tip more than three buildings for people who are neighbors like other TL games. Right now there is virtually no incentive to visit "neighbors" rather than random "community" members. Cities sometimes take a while to load and neighbors are sometimes full so it's more beneficial and quicker to visit "community" players rather than "neighbors." It would give more incentive for people to add neighbors in general; I see more folks being persnickety about it here than other teamlava games.

Thanks again for the changes and for engaging us in this forum. It's greatly appreciated!
    Definitely doable. I'll look at the current numbers to see how much people are doing this, and see if I can roll that into my next set of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastafy View Post
    I would seriously buy gems if I could unlock high level buildings.

Nothing in my town makes less than $190, and I have more than enough buildings to spend my energy on. So now I'm just saving money and waiting to level up. I'm at 550k. My point being I wouldn't have to wait so long if you guys went with this idea.

My Proposal:
    -Create Unlock options for locked buildings.
    -Price these Unlock options with Gems at different rates depending on your savvy.
    For an example I'll use a lv1 Player unlocking a lv20 Home.
    Option 1: Price is 50 Gems no matter what level the player is.
    Option 2: Price is 20 Gems per level, so 400 Gems to unlock.
    Option 3: Price is dependent on the amount of EXP needed to reach that level.
    I'll see how doable this is. It's possible it might be easy, and if that's the case, I'll come up with a pricing model that makes sense. If it's going to require a decent amount of work, I can try to push for it, but can't guarantee it will happen any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    So, you want TL to add a gem trap? No thanks
    This definitely wouldn't be a gem trap. This would be an "unlock early for gems" kinda thing. It would never trick a player into spending anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccafromsunnybrookfarms View Post
    MHz, thank you so much! XOXO! Your attitude of caring and wanting to improve a game is delightfully refreshing! Lately, it's often felt like TL vs. the customers, very adversarial relationship in many of the games. I love being able to collect from all my buildings! I agree with everyone else who would also like to be able to provide goods to all businesses. It should not be impossible to clear all of the dangling icons, so our cities can look perfect, at least for a few hours. That's my biggest gripe on Castle, too. It isn't much fun to decorate, if we can never enjoy looking at our game screen. I would spend a lot more time and gems in my city if it was fun to decorate. I know some folks want to get to max lvl ASAP, but I prefer to design and enjoy the games, been playing about 14 TL games for 1.5 yrs, and I'm in no hurry. MHz, you rock! I'm going to ask some of my nbrs who have left this game to give it another try! This is starting to be fun again! Thank you, thank you!!!
    Looking into allowing a 7th industry is definitely on my list, so hopefully it will alleviate your concerns.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast