Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May this be the end of the energy games

New Resident

May this be the end of the energy games

Yes, TL finally made this the game it should have from the start with essentially u limited energy (with enough community) But while they were getting there, many of us built optimal cities for the old rules. Now instead of minimally sized cities being ideal, you need as large of a city as possible.

I'd done everything on a mere 4x3 city. 3 wonders, 45 community, 83 homes. Now I only need to log in once a day to collect everything. Is this a good thing?

Hopefully TL now sees the error of their ways with the energy bars and we can avoid future instances of having to drastically change the rules in the middle of the game

Quote Originally Posted by ggggdave View Post
    Yes, TL finally made this the game it should have from the start with essentially u limited energy (with enough community) But while they were getting there, many of us built optimal cities for the old rules. Now instead of minimally sized cities being ideal, you need as large of a city as possible.

I'd done everything on a mere 4x3 city. 3 wonders, 45 community, 83 homes. Now I only need to log in once a day to collect everything. Is this a good thing?

Hopefully TL now sees the error of their ways with the energy bars and we can avoid future instances of having to drastically change the rules in the middle of the game
    Lol are you complaining about the game being better? Yeah I sold most of my community buildings just because they didn't give me enough profit per energy but whatever; I have 50 energy now and the community gives 100% chance of bonus energy.

Designer of Worlds
    It's likely that this will result in more balance changes that will change the way the game is played on a per-session basis. Because energy is so plentiful now, profit from residences may be adjusted to account for this, and will cause you to rely more on businesses. The population requirements for businesses may also be re-tuned to adjust for the influx.

Keep the feedback coming, and I'll be incorporating it into the changes I make. I'm hopeful you'll all be able to enjoy game sessions that aren't too short but still leave you wanting a bit more, which should hopefully cause you to return after your energy refills, or when you buy some more

OMFG, you can not be seriously complaining. If it wasn't for the change, I would have never bought the solar panels that I built for my city. I paid good money to purchase gems and although I may not have been on the game as long as you, I feel like I paid for this update. I have one wonder, over 100 homes, and several businesses. I just reached a population of over 10k and I hope to make my city even larger because I have not even used a third of the land that is available. Seriously, I can respect what you have done, but I worked just as hard to get my city where it is today.

City: Abraham City
    StormID: fireballnc
    Population: 10,060
    Population Cap: 10,410
    Level: 39

Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    It's likely that this will result in more balance changes that will change the way the game is played on a per-session basis. Because energy is so plentiful now, profit from residences may be adjusted to account for this, and will cause you to rely more on businesses. The population requirements for businesses may also be re-tuned to adjust for the influx.

Keep the feedback coming, and I'll be incorporating it into the changes I make. I'm hopeful you'll all be able to enjoy game sessions that aren't too short but still leave you wanting a bit more, which should hopefully cause you to return after your energy refills, or when you buy some more
    Oh please, don't. I get you like feedback, but the adjustments made is most likely welcomed by most. I have added more businesses and more residences. More energy = More residencies and going to the factories more to replenish energy. My deal is that you don't have to add to the Industry numbers. I think what you have already done is adequate.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by fireballnc View Post
    Oh please, don't. I get you like feedback, but the adjustments made is most likely welcomed by most. I have added more businesses and more residences. More energy = More residencies and going to the factories more to replenish energy. My deal is that you don't have to add to the Industry numbers. I think what you have already done is adequate.
    If we find that players are building too many community buildings at low levels to abuse this, we'll likely have to either cap how many they're allowed to build, change community building timers to be longer (12 hours or 24 hours), or consider increasing energy costs in other areas.
    Last edited by MHz_; 04-22-13 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    If we find that players are building too many community buildings at low levels to abuse this, we'll likely have to either cap how many they're allowed to build, change community building timers to be longer (12 hours or 24 hours), or consider increasing energy costs in other areas.
    If you change timers on community building consider changing it for just some rather than all. It would be nice no to have all the community buildings lighting up at once. This would make for a more staggered game play without 8 hour lulls.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanharker View Post
    If you change timers on community building consider changing it for just some rather than all. It would be nice no to have all the community buildings lighting up at once. This would make for a more staggered game play without 8 hour lulls.
    The core design was to always put them on the same time, but it's not something I'm against. I think one thing that I'll be doing is making the freebie community buildings (the ones that dont require parts) have longer timers to help balance again players abusing the free energy.

New Resident
    I didn't intend to complain about the update. Again, this is what the game should have been from the beginning.

I'm complaining that it took 9 months for TL to fix something all of us realized was a problem from day 1, and is an issue with every energy bar game they come up with. Turning a game upside-down 9 months in is far from ideal. No more energy bar games!

Quote Originally Posted by fireballnc View Post
    OMFG, you can not be seriously complaining. If it wasn't for the change, I would have never bought the solar panels that I built for my city. I paid good money to purchase gems and although I may not have been on the game as long as you, I feel like I paid for this update. I have one wonder, over 100 homes, and several businesses. I just reached a population of over 10k and I hope to make my city even larger because I have not even used a third of the land that is available. Seriously, I can respect what you have done, but I worked just as hard to get my city where it is today.

City: Abraham City
    StormID: fireballnc
    Population: 10,060
    Population Cap: 10,410
    Level: 39

Designer of Worlds
    I didn't intend to complain about the update. Again, this is what the game should have been from the beginning.

I'm complaining that it took 9 months for TL to fix something all of us realized was a problem from day 1, and is an issue with every energy bar game they come up with. Turning a game upside-down 9 months in is far from ideal. No more energy bar games!
    you think this is upside down? Wait till you see what I'm working on for my next update. Expect things to change, big time

(Details of what I'm working on: https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...l=1#post611723)
    Last edited by MHz_; 04-27-13 at 02:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast