Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: New building-diamond temple

Quote Originally Posted by Torachan1980 View Post
    Fire is a 10 second breed. Forest is a 30 second breed. Trust me, I checked. The law of probability leads one to believe that even by pure chance, with as many tries as I've made, there should've been at least one crusader pop up by now. The fact that it hasn't, with 6x increased likelihood, just lends credence to the theory that nothing has been increased at all. Especially since I was able to breed my first infinity BEFORE getting the diamond temple.
    "The law of probability" should lead you to no such belief. Instead, you should realize that the odds of breeding a particular dragon is EXACTLY the same each and every time you try it; that each attempt is an isolated event; that the number of attempts has absolutely no relevance and should not inform your expectations.
    The laws of probability allow that no matter how high your chances are (and 6 times whatnot probably isn't close to high), it is still theoretically possible to try a million times and not get it. It's just as possible (although not as probable) to bag your ultra rare dragon on the very first try.
    Now if you were drawing from a box with a finite number of jellybeans, your odds of pulling out the single black jellybean would increase with every non-black jellybean you got. But you're not drawing from a finite pool here; you are tapping into an infinite supply of dragons, so you could hypothetically breed Fires forever. You really should take a break and go grab a snack though. Jellybeans maybe? Red?

I bought it, and it does NOTHING
    total waste of "money"

Oh and seeing all of the different prices... GRRRRR mine was 600, and is useless.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by picklylily View Post
    Wow, congrats! Did you update? Are you on iOS? Thanks! :3
    Yes I did! It wasn't until AFTER the upgrade that the diamond temple started working. Too bad half my time was already gone by then!

Yes I did! It wasn't until AFTER the upgrade that the diamond temple started working. Too bad half my time was already gone by then!
    I don't get these recent claims that the Diamond Temple "finally worked." I'm glad for those that got at least one diamond or diamond hybrid since buying this building; but how will you EVER know that it was the temple that did it?
    You can point to the fact that you never got a diamond before, but that's true for everybody. We never got one until we got one. Since these dragons are obviously breedable without this structure, you will never know whether your gold investment paid off.
    You may point to the fact that you got more than one in close succession, but that's also possible without the temple. I got both my diamonds the same weekend from the same Mistmoth-Fairy pair.
    You may point to the fact that you got them with relatively few attempts. I got Crusader after two separate half-hour Fire-fail sessions; Infinity after one 45-minute Fire-fail sessions. No temple.
    You can't prove the temple works. You can't prove the temple doesn't work. You may or may not get diamonds. You definitely will NOT get your gold back.

Banned
    You ugraded the temple or did you mean update? The temple should have started to work as soon as it was on your island... I agree with Sand, there is no clear evidence that the thing works.
    Congrats on your Diamond though!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    I don't get these recent claims that the Diamond Temple "finally worked." I'm glad for those that got at least one diamond or diamond hybrid since buying this building; but how will you EVER know that it was the temple that did it?
    You can point to the fact that you never got a diamond before, but that's true for everybody. We never got one until we got one. Since these dragons are obviously breedable without this structure, you will never know whether your gold investment paid off.
    You may point to the fact that you got more than one in close succession, but that's also possible without the temple. I got both my diamonds the same weekend from the same Mistmoth-Fairy pair.
    You may point to the fact that you got them with relatively few attempts. I got Crusader after two separate half-hour Fire-fail sessions; Infinity after one 45-minute Fire-fail sessions. No temple.
    You can't prove the temple works. You can't prove the temple doesn't work. You may or may not get diamonds. You definitely will NOT get your gold back.
    Well said and so true

is it worth 300 gold? I've been desperately trying for a diamond for MONTHS now and have spent so much gold on fail breeds

Farm Supplier
    Useless thing... Should be under decor in the market and not under buildings "boost" because it does nothing... Waste of gold!

so it isn't a sure way to breed a diamond? sigh