Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: New building-diamond temple

I have the quest, but no stable. But having been trying to get pieces for the samurai dragon and justs keeps giving me lotus blossoms and coins. Have been trying for
    several weeks.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm not giving up....but I've tried for over an hour before too. Still only gotten fire. Not sure why I can't seem to get any diamond hybrids on my island. But if any mods happen to see this & change the odds on breeding diamond hybrids, I wouldn't be upset at all. LOL! Just don't make them HARDER to get please!

Farm Supplier
    just wanna to know, when more chances go to those with the diamond temples, less chances go to those who do not buy that kind of boost? I am thinking of whether I should temporarily stop breeding diamond hybrids before the test expires.

I don't understand why TL hasn't started a thread explaining exactly how this thing works. Does it only increase chances for diamonds or diamond hybrids as well. They should have disclosed the fact that it only works for 7 days, especially since some people are paying 600 gold for it. That's almost $20 in real money. I'd love to see an explanation for the disparity in prices for different people. On my iPad it's 150. On my iPhone it's 300. Even within platforms the pricing is different. Why? I almost quit after getting caught in a gold trap for a stupid Fireworks dragon after purchasing a bit of gold to work on diamond hybrids. A simple confirmation button would have made me a loyal customer. TL's business practices just seem a little shady and instead of building customer loyalty, they are driving people away and taking all the fun out of it. Were it not for a few wonderful neighbors I'd be gone already. All we're asking is to keep it fun and fair and they can do that and still make money.

Rhino Keeper
    No, it's not really done that way. The way it works is when you put dragons into the breeding den, it looks at the colors that are in there, then based on the possibilities that are available for the colors you have AND the rarity of those dragons, it randomly selects one for you to get. So, for example, if you were tring for a diamond with wizard and fairy, it would look at all of the possible combinations that you COULD get for purple, blue, green, and yellow (you CAN get a dragon with any 4 colors, but you seem to be more likely to get diamond if you have a pruple or white element in your mix of 4 colors.) Then it looks at the rarity of each. SO for something like a fruitful, which is common, the odds are that 10 to one that you will get it. so for ever 1, rare dragon you could get with the yellow & green combination, you'd get 10 fruitfuls first. Since diamond is ultra rare, you'll only get a diamond once out over ever 100 times you try for it. diamnod hybrids are more rare than diamond and so is infinity, so they are even harder to get. The diamond temple just takes the odds down a little, so instead of one out of every 100 tries yielding a diamond, now it's closer to one out of every 20. What you get is completely random, so you can't just try the same combination 100 times and assume if you didn't get it the first 99 tries, the 100th try you are guaranteed to get it. It's just a 1 in 100 shot, like rolling a 100 sided dice. You never know what you're going to get when you roll it and there's no guarantee. So it isn't like there's only 100 diamond hybrids that will be bred a day and with the people with a diamond temple being more likely to get one, then there's less to go around for everyone else. It's based on a simple formula for every player.

My goodness, the more I read about these new buildings and features that NEVER appear on my iPhone, the more relieved I am that they haven't.
    Consider the 7-day expiration a merciful end to a cruel charade. Assuming it really gives you 6x the chance of breeding Diamond, what value does that hold when you don't know what the odds are to begin with? If you normally have a 1 percent chance of breeding Diamond, you would now have a 6 percent chance. Oh joy! How encouraging is that? And for all you know, the unboosted chance is even lower than 1 percent.
    TeamLava will never give you the actual probabilities assigned to the various levels of rarity, so you will never know what your supposedly increased odds are with Boosted Breed or Diamond Temple.
    Even if you DID know, understand that even a 99 percent chance, as great as it may sound, could still result in a fail.
    IMPULSE is what's leading players to jump at these offers. If you really look at what they're selling you, you'll realize it's air in a bottle.

Rhino Keeper
    I just got the temple and have tried like 6 combinations and no diamonds what so ever this is disappointing! How does this even work? I've even sped up the breeding time with gold, I feel like I've been ripped of by TL yet again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Host(ess)

Is diamond temple for just diamond or all diamond hybrids

I can't find anywhere if the diamond temple is just for diamond dragon or u can use it for any other dragon hybrid

Might as well spend the 2000 gold buying the diamond, thereby guaranteeing that you will get it, rather than spend 600 on a chance, plus all of the speed ups to get as many chances as possible during the 7 day time. The 600 price tag for many people is way too steep for just a slight chance increase. Personally i wouldn't pay for the dragon or the chance increase, and certainly not for 600, 300, or 150 gold....i need to save up for nests!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by mexhid View Post
    I can't find anywhere if the diamond temple is just for diamond dragon or u can use it for any other dragon hybrid
    This is a good question. I will see if I can get any information on this.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request