Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Evolution Temple (Android) before Leaderboard Event?

Rhino Keeper

2nd Evolution Temple (Android) before Leaderboard Event?

Just wondering if android players are going to have this before the next Leaderboard event?
    Wouldn't be very fair otherwise...

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Unfortunately, the Android update will not be available in time for the Leaderboard event. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that iOS and Android are matched separately, so this will not impact Android players in the Leaderboard because they will only be matched with other Android players.

Rhino Keeper
    This is ok, except I've noticed that if you used to play ios and have switched to android you still get stuck competing against ios players. How can this be fixed? Since I noticed this, I pulled out an old iphone that I can tether to get around it. But it's just a real pain to do so. And I'm sure there are a lot of other players that have switched platforms too.
    Thanks for the timely reply..

Executive Chef
    Yeah, but i have had people with arctic isles competing against me in the past few boards. So I imagine that it's happening to others as well. Also, the amount of points needed to achieve milestones seems to go up and I am guessing it's due to IoS getting that extra stuff droid does not have. I'm not meaning to be combative, just stating my observations. Leaderboards are definitely one sided before the evo temples, and now you might as well hand it over to IoS players...

Now, I don't bother with the leaderboard itself, It's a matter of principle and being fair to everyone. back to feeling totally like the red headed step child again.

Quote Originally Posted by papalove1 View Post
    This is ok, except I've noticed that if you used to play ios and have switched to android you still get stuck competing against ios players. How can this be fixed? Since I noticed this, I pulled out an old iphone that I can tether to get around it. But it's just a real pain to do so. And I'm sure there are a lot of other players that have switched platforms too.
    Thanks for the timely reply..
    You're matched with the platform you start the event on and your group doesn't change for the duration of the event. If your group changed based on the platform you log in on, it might create room for people to just switch off to a group they were 'winning' in. So we don't move groups after you're matched.

And we also can't just block you from the event if your platform changes, because if you drop your phone in the pool and you get a different device we wouldn't want to say you can't play just because your summer fun took a bad turn.

Hopefully this helps show that we care and we've thought about this deeply and with much consideration (and continue to do so).

We're working on updating Android, so these new features will available soon-ish-ish.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks Elsa for clarification..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    You're matched with the platform you start the event on and your group doesn't change for the duration of the event. If your group changed based on the platform you log in on, it might create room for people to just switch off to a group they were 'winning' in. So we don't move groups after you're matched.

And we also can't just block you from the event if your platform changes, because if you drop your phone in the pool and you get a different device we wouldn't want to say you can't play just because your summer fun took a bad turn.

Hopefully this helps show that we care and we've thought about this deeply and with much consideration (and continue to do so).

We're working on updating Android, so these new features will available soon-ish-ish.
    So in theory if you have two devices and normally on iOS you could at 1231 central time log on to a Android device be paired with Android users and simply switch back to iOS at 1232 giving you an advantage? Or did I not understand your post correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Burrymillz View Post
    So in theory if you have two devices and normally on iOS you could at 1231 central time log on to a Android device be paired with Android users and simply switch back to iOS at 1232 giving you an advantage? Or did I not understand your post correctly?
    Whatever device you're on when you're matched, that's the platform you'll be grouped with. It doesn't change.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Whatever device you're on when you're matched, that's the platform you'll be grouped with. It doesn't change.
    Ty for the quick reply

Rhino Keeper
    I just hope the Milestones aren't based around the potential for one to have a second Evolution Temple. That would be so unfair to Android players. I'm on iOS for this game most of the time simply because of a lack of some features on Android. But even with three Nests, Arctic Isles, and with me practically having no life so I can play this game day and night, I still can barely hit all the Milestones without spending Gold. For those without all this stuff and with families and busy schedules, I simply can't imagine how some of them can compete in an event like the Leaderboards.

As far as the feature differences are concerned, with the dozens of different Android OS variants, each potentially with their own custom UI, utilizing different APIs, different hardware, and all the other possible combinations, I really don't envy Storm8 developers trying to get update the app, while not breaking it for many other players. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast