Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Earth Day Story Telling Contest! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

As I sit outside our home, I take in the beautiful and colorful signs of Spring. Our tree is in full bloom with bright pink flowers and birds cheerfully singing in the branches. Our neighbor?s lawn is lush and green. It turns out that there are a lot of people who would like to live in our neighborhood as well. I can?t believe how close we were to losing our house a few months back when people threatened to take over our neighborhood and demolish our homes. I look back towards my doorway as my children are coming outside to play (all 15 of them). Their tiny, innocent faces remind me how lucky we are to have people who were willing ensure our safety and fight for the preservation of our home. We can?t speak up for ourselves, you see, we are rabbits and this beautiful tree is our home.

Game: Zoo Story 2

Host(ess)
    THE VISITOR
    "E - www," said the creature as he stepped on a goo of radioactive waste -- it was year 2313
    A - n alien explorer just arrived planet Earth with anticipation quickly fading
    R - oaming around, he saw the vast destruction which caused the planet's demise
    T - ook out an old picture of Earth, still green, lush and full of life
    H -eartbroken, he muttered, "how naive and greedy humans are," as he left the site
    D -awn -- still teary-eyed, you suddenly wake up from the bad dream
    A - s you look out the window, you now appreciate the beauty nature has to give
    Y - ou then realize there is still hope and time to let nature live!

Restaurant Story
    Quikfox10

In the beginning, there was only Mother Earth and her beautiful wilderness. Although she loved and cherished the trees, flowers, animals, all the mysteries at the bottom of the ocean floor, and especially the birds soaring through the sky, she was... lonely. So Mother Earth devised a human, someone who she could take care of, someone she could treat like her child. The human greatly appreciated all that Mother Earth had to offer, and he was so wonderful, that Mother Earth decided she wanted another.

Mother Earth eventually kept adding humans to her land because she loved them and they truly loved her. However, when these humans grew up, they became disrespectful towards her; they used cars, didn't recycle, and Mother Earth's terrible landfills started to grow.

Mother Earth started to become ill; there was too much pollution, too much energy unnecessarily wasted, and her humans did not care.

Now, Mother Earth is celebrating her birthday, and her children are starting to realize that if they do not start being green, their beautiful mother will start to disappear.

We are all Mother Earth's children.... she has taken care and provided for us, now she is growing older and it is our responsibility to take care of her.

Bakery Story
    ID: 1smiledaily

Happy Earth Day

Find Earthday All Around You

Earthday is a day to appreciate your environment. Take the day to walk around your neighborhood or community. Observe the plants and the animals around you and try to grasp their place on the earth and what you can do to make their lives better. Remember all the beauty around us depends on everything else around them. All must be good citizens and take care of the environment if we want to be able to continue to enjoy the beauty around us. When you finish your tour, think about changes you can make in how you do things to preserve the earth around you. Think about how much better shape the earth would be in if everyone thought of at least one thing he or she could do differently to preserve the beauty around us.

Wink Happy Earth Day ;)

Once upon a time, when Earth was still young and mighty dragons roamed the lands, the first flower sprouted from the moist dirt, tickled by the Sun's light. When it was spotted, Flower dragons crowded the flower and helped it grow, Life dragons gave it radiant colors, Water, Mindvolt, and Storm dragons gave it rain showers, Air and Fairy dragons gave it warm, soothing breezes, and Helios and Sunrise dragons gave it radiant light. Yet, the flower refused to grow; perhaps, it needed a little something more, but the dragons pondered and pondered, and they could not understand why the flower would not grow. They blamed the night dragons for weaving dark magic through the atmosphere, but they could sense none. However, one day, a Love dragon and a Passion dragon were playing near the flower, and they decided to look at it. They talked to it, gently touched its delicate petals, and sang. The air filled with love and happiness, and the flower grew and grew into the clouds. On the day when dragons no longer roamed, Earth lost its caretakers. However, because us humans love and care for our planet so much, it has flourished into an land of life.

"All you need is LOVE" - The Beatles
    Happy Earth Day, everyone!

Let me tell you about Sebastian, Joshua & Yasmin. They have a bright & exciting future but Im afraid they wont be as smart as we think. Sure they'll read, write and know about technology but will happen when an emergency happens? Will they know how to plant fruits and veggies or find clean water supplies? What about their health, with so much fast food and prepared food what will they REALLY be ingesting? We what's happening because we assume the governing bodies are responsible. So when mommy get's a job we are starting our own home garden. The oldest already is learning how to cook quick meals which I know will help him in the future.

Moral is home gardens are great for Earth, society and economy.

Fashion Story: Earth story
    ID: flmuneca

Dave and Callum were chatting about the wonderful planet earth and how humans have defaced it. Abruptly Dave yelled "I've got it!! They would build a machine that would suck all litter on the floor, make cars run on air, make oil not affect the ocean, make everyone recycle and every thing else bad for the environment. We can call it Envirocure Callum yelled. First we need my mums hair dryer and add a new setting, suck. We need my dads deodorant too because we can't have the earth smelling now can we. Finally they got a transmitter to transmit it all around the world. They put it together and covered the whole town in garbage and destroyed there machine but it did work!! The earth is a better place to live now!!!

The game I want is dragon story.
    My island name is fishquinn.

New Resident

Smile Reuse and recycle

Ruzz: Hey mike whatcha doing?

Mike: I'm sorting out the recyclables from the trash, for Earth Day,you know the aluminium, paper,and plastics.

Ruzz: That's nice, but umm, Earth Day was last week.

Mike: oh?

Ruzz: Yeah, last week on the 22nd

Mike: So I've just been wasting my time.......

Ruzz: well you don't have to stop...recycling should be a daily habit......

Mike : ...... but it's called Earth Day!!!

storm ID: UMMI55
    FASHION STORY.

Fashion Designer
    Earth day is not only recycling and reusing it is also about the animals the fill our world, people forget if there where no animals then there would be very little beauty in our world, you need to keep your part of the world clean. Keep the area around you trash free and watch the little creatures come out to play. My back yard is always animal friendly I watch the rabbits and the birds play and explore. Keep your area around you clean and tidy and it might just catch on. We might just be able to put our planet back on mother natures good list, because right now she is not happy. It is April 12th and we have freezing rain everything is frozen this is not a happy mother nature. Come on people let's make earth and better place for our grandchildren.
    Sharbuch
    Bakery Story
    Or Fashion story but if gold is involved then dragon story

Farm Supplier
    I am the Earth. Stated with each bit of mud and stome within me grow the grass and tree. Like human, with each blood and muscle grow skin and bone. *And just as Human need*every bit of*me to make their*body fit.*So I needs grass*and stone and tree and*things that grow here naturally to make he healthy. Let's celebrate my day and remember this, as long as life and as dear as nature, I am the earth and the earth is human. We are one and we need each other. Please*honor every living thing as a*part of nature's treasureand be in*tune with Mother Nature.

Game: Dragon Story

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast