Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Earth Day Story Telling Contest! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Fashion Designer
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to stop walking to wherever it is you are going and look out across the landscape. Wouldn't it be even better if when you stopped and looked, you did not see a torn, rotting plastic bag tangled and flapping amongst the branches of that magnificent old tree. Wouldn't it be lovely to take a walk along the pier on a sunny day, smiling into the water at the colourful, darting fish. Wouldn't it be even better if those fish were not hiding behind that discarded, discolored glass bottle. Wouldn't it be nice to take a scenic drive through the countryside. Wouldn't it be even better if those clever, black birds were not squabbling over the remains of a thoughtlessly tossed fast food container on the side of the road.

protect the earth from degrading! Ice cap are melting, air index have increase. How can we do to keep earlth alive and healthy? Through using feet and thus keeping the air fresh without using public transport, also not to chop down trees for more paper but using technological means such as emails. Instaead of vegetables, we should eat more meat since chickens are not helping to produce oxyge.

Banned
    Earth day is a magnificent day where thousands of people in the world come together as one to make our environment and earth a better place!
    More than 190 countries come together to help clean the earth , thats why earth day is such a wonderful day so everyone on the 22nd of April help to make the earth a better place!
    Id kitkate1878
    Game fashion story

New Resident
    Flying through space during a kindergarten field-trip in the future:

"Kids, this planet is called Earth. It's where our ancestors lived before they all had to leave."

"What hapenned?" asked little Dominic curiously.

"It used to be a lush green and blue planet covered with forests and oceans; full of life. Humans razed the trees to make way for cities and farms, filled the oceans with garbage, released poisons into the air every day. Now it's a barren wasteland."

"Why would they do that?" wondered Dominic.

"Because they thought it would make life easier" replied the teacher.

"I guess they were wrong" Dominic replied sadly.

**PS I like jonathanharker's story

Rhino Keeper

Earth Day short story

I had to play with puncuation a bit to keep it under 8 sentences, I hope it still counts.

Two eager faces look up at me from where we are sitting cross legged in the grass under a tree. "I have a present for both of you, a present you will keep for your whole lives and pass down to your children, and your children's children; but you have to pick which hand you want."
    "But that's hard Mama. How will we know which hand to pick?" ask my children.
    "It's easy, I will show you what is in each hand, and you pick the one you want." I open both hands, and in the center of each is a marble- one bright and beautiful, with swirls of green and blue and white, the other brown and grey and dull and crusty. Both children exclaim over the bright blue one, and one child picks that hand, while the other asks,"Mama, why would anyone pick the ugly one?"
    I tell them what it symbolizes, and tell them, "People pick the ugly one every day by their actions. I hope you always chose the beautiful Earth, and help others do the same."
    They get up and run through the grass to tell their brothers and sisters, holding hands with the marble between them.

ID: jopazz
    gems to restaurant story if I'm among the winners please.

Executive Chef
    It was yet another dim, gloomy day, with the sun emitting a hazy color and dark, gray clouds surrounding it like a fortress. The grass was dry and dull, and every other plant seemed to share the same dark mood with their drooping leaves and bent sprouts. A young girl had never before seen a day that was not as gloomy as this, and consistently asked her mother if there would ever be a day where the sky would be gleaming with color, with which her mother would respond, "I'm afraid that will never happen. The world has been dark with pollution and trash since I was young." The young girl was determined to see a bright, shining world again, and so watered all the dying plants in her garden but to no avail, until one day, she found a plastic cup near one of her plants. "Oh, that must be why my plants aren't looking better!" said the girl as she went to recycle the cup. Then, as if by magic, the gloomy clouds were swept away by a strong force, and the sun's brightness rapidly intensified. Plants everywhere sprouted with health and beauty, and everything was filled with color, including a shining rainbow in the distance. "Mommy, come look!" the little girl cried delightedly, and she and her mother marveled at the colorful, healthy world.

Moral: Everyone can make a difference.

If I win:
    ID: dalula
    Game: Fashion Story
    Thank you

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dalula View Post
    It was yet another dim, gloomy day, with the sun emitting a hazy color and dark, gray clouds surrounding it like a fortress. The grass was dry and dull, and every other plant seemed to share the same dark mood with their drooping leaves and bent stalks. A young girl had never before seen a day that was not as gloomy as this, and consistently asked her mother if there would ever be a day where the sky would be gleaming with color, with which her mother would respond, "I'm afraid that will never happen. The world has been dark with pollution and trash since I was young." The young girl was determined to see a bright, shining world again, and so watered all the dying plants in her garden but to no avail, until one day, she found a plastic cup near one of her plants. "Oh, that must be why my plants aren't looking better!" said the girl as she went to recycle the cup. Then, as if by magic, the gloomy clouds were swept away by a strong force, and the sun's brightness rapidly intensified. Plants everywhere sprouted with health and beauty, and everything was filled with color, including a shining rainbow in the distance. "Mommy, come look!" the little girl cried delightedly, and she and her mother marveled at the colorful, healthy world.

Moral: Everyone can make a difference.

If I win:
    ID: dalula
    Game: Fashion Story
    Thank you
    *stalks not sprouts (edited in the reply)

My Mother the Earth loves all her children, yes even the naughty ones. Earth day is a one special day set aside to show her some love and respect. A day to try to help the naughty children learn how to give back love and life to our generous Mother. She provides shelter, norishment (spiritual, mental and physical),encouragement and energy. The least we can do is help her stay unclutered and healthy. Earth day should be everyday in our hearts and actions.
    ID: VooDoo87
    Castle Story

Quote Originally Posted by jopazz View Post
    I had to play with puncuation a bit to keep it under 8 sentences, I hope it still counts.

Two eager faces look up at me from where we are sitting cross legged in the grass under a tree. "I have a present for both of you, a present you will keep for your whole lives and pass down to your children, and your children's children; but you have to pick which hand you want."
    "But that's hard Mama. How will we know which hand to pick?" ask my children.
    "It's easy, I will show you what is in each hand, and you pick the one you want." I open both hands, and in the center of each is a marble- one bright and beautiful, with swirls of green and blue and white, the other brown and grey and dull and crusty. Both children exclaim over the bright blue one, and one child picks that hand, while the other asks,"Mama, why would anyone pick the ugly one?"
    I tell them what it symbolizes, and tell them, "People pick the ugly one every day by their actions. I hope you always chose the beautiful Earth, and help others do the same."
    They get up and run through the grass to tell their brothers and sisters, holding hands with the marble between them.

ID: jopazz
    gems to restaurant story if I'm among the winners please.
    Great story.. Thank you VooDoo

What is green? What does the earth day for? I think Green means nature, clean and fresh. When I was in my country I did not care much about the recycling or reduce. Now I'm trying to compose- for plant trees and crops. Recycle paper and can so we don't need to find more metal and cut down tree for paper anymore. Reducing is a really good thing to do, for example: if you could not wear the little shirt anymore- give it to your younger siblings or give it to some kids whom did not have much clothes. That you can save more money and you might feel good about that, this also help reduce the trash. Secially we should reduce the PLASTIC BAG! that take a long time to disappear. Plant more trees to make the earth GREEN. This is how I think- I was not good much at English!

Game: Dragon Story
    ID: vhphuc1998

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast