Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Earth Day Story Telling Contest! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Farm Supplier

A dream of hope

When I opened my eyes, several creatures I?ve never seen before were around me, magnificent and with features that reminded me of nature.

I looked into their eyes and one by one, they all showed me the past and the present of the Earth, through the eyes of thunders and mountains and seas and trees, making my soul shiver when thinking of what future would bring.

Then, I met Mother Earth, a lady covered with a long dress with all shades of green like valleys and forests, long hair with all shades of brown and yellow like mountains and deserts, blue velvet eyes like the sky and the ocean.

In the hands of the Mother there was a sphere of green light, but when I looked closer I realized it was the Earth itself with lots of people shining with a green glow around them.

Mother smiled and gently kissed my forehead, whispering the word "hope" as a green light sorrounded me, before I closed my eyes to let the warmth fill my soul.

I woke up in my bed with the alarm of the clock and as I watched the sunrise from my window, I realized that I had become, myself, a guardian of Earth, and my mission was everywhere and everyday in little actions that gave our planet hope and a green breath of life.

ID: kareichan
    Game: Bakery Story

Notes:
    *I think there was a confusion between "lines" and "sentences". I stick with what the first post says: 8 sentences max.
    *Good luck to everyone, great thoughts, let's not just say but do stuff for our beloved Earth!

Host(ess)

Conservation

She sighed heavily as she wrapped the sweater tighter around her upper body, and adjusted the thermastat so the heater would shut off. She took a deep breath as she turned the running water off as she stood brushing her teeth. She shook her head in amazement that she had just finished an honest to goodness 5 minute shower, and yes had actually cleaned everything. She quietly maneuvered through the house, turning out lights as she went, knowing she would no longer need their glow this night. She closed the bathroom door last, knowing she would wait another day or two to finish the laundry piling up, and she was content to let it wait. And as she arose the next day, she knew she would do it all again, because it was important. She smiled to herself as she waited on her train.

Bakery Story
    Shammsjag

Farm Supplier
    Whenever we are feeling down, all it takes is a little walk in the neighborhood park to feel the grass and smell the flowers (or depending on budget, a vacation to Caribbean to see the white sands and palm trees, or to Africa to see the lions), but for all of us, all humans, nature is the ultimate escape and relaxation.

So why do we lie to ourselves that if we recycle it doesn’t matter if we drive a car that pollutes 5 times more than average (or even worse, “why recycle if none of my 5 neighbors does it, what’s the difference?”)? True love should be a complete feeling, not filled with “don’t” ‘s but rather with “do” ‘s: show your respect to earth with every little thing you do, don’t let the feeling be a mere restriction.

I love the Earth like my mother because it gives energy to my soul and I promise that both myself and my children will do everything in our power to reduce her suffering, just like we take care of our human elderly. And above all, will try to be a “green” inspiration for all others around.

Dear Earth, my mother and mother of my human mother, I love you and respect you so much every day, but next Monday I’ll throw a big birthday party for you, with sweet songs of birds and whales and flowers from the cherry blossom, so beautiful that all the mean things of the world will be far away. Happy birthday!

Storm8 id: adelinutza
    Game: Castle story

Farm Supplier
    For my post, there's a word that somehow ended up into this: s*****. That word is like scratch paper.
    Thanks.

Farm Supplier
    Earth is known as the core for survival for all the living beings. To protect this very need we need to minimize waste and pollution. Not only because its the Earth day, actually every day is an earth day, because the earth is supplying everything for us without a limit so as an act of thanking we should keep our environment clean and beautiful. International Mother Earth Day which is on the 22nd of April is just one day representing the whole year about the acts we have done towards the environment. Therefore for the existence of our own kind we should keep this on our minds ''Earth day is not just only the 22nd of April but every single day we live''.

Storm ID: Dragoland1
    Game: Dragon Story.

Once upon a time there was a baby girl who was born and her name was Soluna. She was the daughter of Father Time and Mother Nature and was blessed with the power of the moon and the sun. She loved the Earth very much and helped her parents keep it clean with her cleansing tides and her ability to help trees grow which would clean the air. Her one wish was that everyone who lived on Earth would love it as much as her and would help her to keep it clean. Unfortunately, litter and deforestation was making the Earth sick. So one day she visited the Earth and asked all of the people to help by recycling the litter and by planting a tree; which many gladly did. Everyone was so pleased when they saw that they really could make a difference because the Earth started feeling better. So in her honor, they created a day for her and they called it Earth Day.

Moral: We can make a difference! Plant a tree and Recycle!
    CheerfulFlea
    Bakery Story

Executive Chef
    "Why should I throw my garbage into the trash? I'm just too lazy - better drop it on the ground."

That's a huge mistake too many people are making. We don't even know how much it influences and hurts our Mother Earth when we just leave our junk on the ground. We're just too egoistic to be aware of the cruel things we do to our own planet. Sometimes we just have to realise that little aces can change a lot! God gave us the earth as a home and we are definetly not supposed to destroy it! It should be an honor to us to live on this beautiful planet, so why don't we make a change and just go green?

Game: Dragon Story
    ID: cedkugedchgd

Host(ess)
    Earth day story
    Once there lived a tiny sapling amongst piles of junk, whose roots where choked in the oil and his leaves smothered by toxins. His dream was to grow in to a beautiful tree and produce fruit. One day a little girl found him and cleared some junk away from his stem. With this tiny improvement, the plant put forth his leaves and began to grow.
    Finding this to help the plant, the little girl set off to clear the yard. As the lawn grew green her neighbors followed her example and soon her neighborhood was green. As for the little plant, it wasn't so tiny any more but a beautiful tree that had found his home worth living in. As a present to the little girl he bore apples and they lived many happy years in the new environment.

Gameet shop story
    ID:tame14

Thanks for all your submissions! Closed for judging.

Winners:
    -RotomGuy
    -tame14
    -vantie
    -CheerfulFlea
    -IceDawn
    -aouellet
    Need help? Contact TeamLava customer support at support@teamlava.com
    Find a bug? Report it here!
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here! If that doesn't work go here to transfer your games!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!
    Terms of Service: https://www.storm8.com/terms

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast