Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Story math - orders, sales, gifts, efficient layouts

Fashion Designer

Fashion Story math - orders, sales, gifts, efficient layouts

There are some great threads in RS and BS for the numbers of those games that have really helped me, but I haven't seen a thread for FS. Lately I've read bits of info in different threads here that explained some math stuff about the game I didn't get. Thanks to those who have responded to some of my other threads and questions! I like the geeky math stuff so thought a thread like this might help others too.

Fashion Designer
    I use very rough estimates, but here's some of my numbers and info:

There is no cap on sales or set number of customers, instead sales are based on accessible racks & counters. The average sales are about 38 per hour per rack/counter. Sometimes an item will sell like crazy for a while or will sell very little, then go back to average. That adds a random unpredictability to how fast things will sell, but the average numbers work okay most of the time.

The limiting factor is how many items you can order. With 22 max slots unless you purchase, that gives you 22 one day items, which sell for 5coins each. You need about 25 total racks/counters with 5 coin items to make about 100k per day. It takes 2.5x more racks/counters of 2 coin items to make the same money. So if you only have 15 racks of 5 coin stuff, you'd need 25 racks/counters of 2 coin stuff. If you order the 2 coin stuff, put 800-900 per rack/counter to keep stocked until the next day.

Fashion Designer
    Using gifts effectively - put about 4 gifts of shoes on each counter each day to sell out. They sell per counter, so there's no advantage stacking more than 4 if you log in daily, and the more counters you have the more you make. The clothes and bag can fill time until an order delivers. So one gifted handbag takes less than 2 hours to sell. Put on an empty counter if you have 2 hours waiting for an item to arrive and it will sell out by the time it's ready and give you extra money. The sweater and slacks will fill 3-4 hours. Or stack 800 if you want to stay stocked until the next day.

Fashion Designer
    Efficient layouts - pretty much irrelevant as far as I can tell, and I have tried all kinds of layouts, currently using a 3-door design. Multiple door designs let you separate part of your shop, but there's no advantage to it like there is in BS/RS. Sales seem to be highest with an open floor plan.

I use 1 mirror/dressing room every 3 counters/racks, located throughout the space, sometimes more. I haven't seen anyone else mention what they use, and don't know what is most efficient, but I like decorating with dressing rooms and mirrors so I use as many as I can while still having 60 racks/counters and a couple displays.

Fashion Designer
    Just a reminder - my numbers aren't exact, just guidelines. The trick is finding the balance between the 2 coin and 5 coin stuff to keep as many racks and counters filled as possible. The way I do it is to order several of the same item and put 1800-3000 per rack/counter, then add one or two more as it sells and I am able to order. This gives me a couple days before I have to add more items to it, and I can focus on other racks/counters. I play often, so the mix that works best for me is 15 r/c of 5 coin stuff and 45 r/c of 2 coin stuff, trying to have no more than 5 empty racks/counters at a time. Sometimes I drop to 50 full r/c because it's way easier to keep stocked.

If you can play often, focus on 2 coin stuff and having lots of racks/counters and build inventory. If you play less often, you need the most 5 coin stuff, and will have fewer racks/counters. It's actually a pretty great design this way because everyone has the same chance to make money, whether you can play a lot or a little. Whoever designed this game is brilliant.

Fashion Designer
    There is a column on Sehana's gdocs for qty/hr - anything below 34 per hour will sell out before you can restock. 34-39 per hour will either sell out or be low quantity by the time the reorder delivers. The higher that number, the faster you can stock up and build inventory across multiple racks and counters, so using more of those high qty/hr items can increase profits, even though they are 2 coin stuff, more than adding another table of 5 coin items.

Farm Supplier
    Thank you for sharing your infos and numbers! They are very helpful for times when I try different strategies

Fashion Designer
    You're welcome! I think the math part of the games is fun. Glad it was helpful. For me, it's made the game fun again, because when I was trying to just have a lot of 5 coin stuff it got frustrating and my money didn't increase as much as I wanted. Now I can order anything at all I like, put together outfits from different collections in groups by color or style, just have fun with the game while having some control over income. I still have to order stuff sometimes that doesn't completely fit but fills some counters/racks, but the game is way more fun. Brilliant design.

Thanks my gifts were in a counter i had a lot of shoes just sitting theres .now im doing what u said and is pretty cool i put just 1 present in a counter or rack and sells pretty quickly.. thanks 4 the advise

Also testing the quantity os items sell per hr.. and then make conclusions.. so basically 25 of 5 is selling 38 items per hour.. so
    25*38: 950 items that are gonna sell in total per hour at 5 dollars so...

950*5: 4750 coins we earning per hr.. and we hv 24 hrs in a day so

4750* 24: 114,000 earns in a day

Woooo pretty awesome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast