Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't move habitats onto expanded upper island

Can't move habitats onto expanded upper island

I've expanded up to island above the water fall and now I can't move anything up there. I can buy things and they fit but can't move anything that I already have which effectively either means I've wasted time/coins expanding to this territory or I'm forced to buy habitats I don't need or want in order to utilize the space.

Anyone else have this problem and if so how did you resolve it?

I did ask kwhales privately before posting this thread and tried the advise (which I appreciated the help) provided but still can't move anything up there so I thought someone else might know what to do.

Well, since we don't know what advice you were given.... . It is really hard when you first try to move stuff to another island. You have to drag it very slowly and carefully. I would start with trying to move something on the closest edge of the border from the land you have up to the next level. That way you don't have far to go and it won't pop back all the way to the other side if it doesn't make it. I am on an ipad, so it is probably easier as i have more screen space to be able to see where i am going.

Quote Originally Posted by fitfunsparkle View Post
    Well, since we don't know what advice you were given.... . It is really hard when you first try to move stuff to another island. You have to drag it very slowly and carefully. I would start with trying to move something on the closest edge of the border from the land you have up to the next level. That way you don't have far to go and it won't pop back all the way to the other side if it doesn't make it. I am on an ipad, so it is probably easier as i have more screen space to be able to see where i am going.
    that was the advice I was given LOL

move it slowly and carefully and if you're going a distance move it, place it, them move it again repeating until you get it to the edge of where you want it to go.

I'm on a kindle and have plenty of screen space so that's not the issue.

The problem seems to be that I can't make it move up and over the side rocks or waterfall.

I've been trying all day off and on to move various things, such as the nest, evolution temple, breeding den, smaller habitats, small farms. nothing will move but if I click to buy a new farm or habitat it would allow me to place the item there were I to complete the transaction (which I cancel so as not to incur the cost of buying).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by glitterbabies View Post
    that was the advice I was given LOL

move it slowly and carefully and if you're going a distance move it, place it, them move it again repeating until you get it to the edge of where you want it to go.

I'm on a kindle and have plenty of screen space so that's not the issue.

The problem seems to be that I can't make it move up and over the side rocks or waterfall.

I've been trying all day off and on to move various things, such as the nest, evolution temple, breeding den, smaller habitats, small farms. nothing will move but if I click to buy a new farm or habitat it would allow me to place the item there were I to complete the transaction (which I cancel so as not to incur the cost of buying).
    I am on your island right now. What are you trying to move and where are you trying to move it too. We will see if we can get it moved.

I'm trying to move my blue habitat up to the top island above the waterfall. I have an expansion that is almost complete that I will clear but I have room for this habitat already but can't get it up there...

Executive Chef
    Your water habitat or your light habitat. The water one will take some effort as it is way across the island.

sorry, the light one.....

holy moly....it just popped up there lol....

that was a pain in the butt

Executive Chef
    Ok that should be relatively easy. Click on the habitat and press move. Then put your finger on the habitat and slowly slide your finger up the wall of the island and place your finger where you want the habitat. Keep it there until the habitat catches up to you. Once you see it green (not red), remove your finger. If the habitat jumps back to its original place, try again.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    Ok that should be relatively easy. Click on the habitat and press move. Then put your finger on the habitat and slowly slide your finger up the wall of the island and place your finger where you want the habitat. Keep it there until the habitat catches up to you. Once you see it green (not red), remove your finger. If the habitat jumps back to its original place, try again.
    P.S, Do not lift your finger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast