Thread: Game crash when visiting specific neighbor

New Resident

Game crash when visiting specific neighbor

From about a week ago, I noticed my game crashes (get msg "The application Dragon Story has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again") whenever I try to visit 1 specific neighbor. I can visit all my other neighbors no problem. I can't visit only this 1 neighbor. I scrolled through game crash threads but I haven't seen any where problem is limited to one neighbor. Anyone else have same issue?

This is an existing issue that we were able to fix in the Android versions, but are still working on for the Amazon version.

The game is crashing because the neighbor you are trying to visit currently has a Dragon in the Quest Outpost.

This has happened to me several times. Even before the quest outpost was introduced. I have posted several replies on th discussion forum under the game crashing thread. I am on iPad 1. The game crashes for me even when I am not visiting anyone. I signed on this morning to collect my coins and food, to replant and breed, and it kicked me out 3 times in 15 minutes. I am on level 94. I do not have a quest outpost. I do have the boost breed, but like I have said, this has happened for me before that was introduced. I think it started when the Valentines edition was introduced. It has gotten much worse since I switched back to the regular edition the beginning of March when there was an update. It is so hard to play now getting kicked out so often. I have deleted and reinstalled it 3 times in the last 3 weeks, and it seems to get worse each time! I am so frustrated!

New Resident
    Thanks for your reply. I don't quite understand the issue, but I'm glad team lava is aware of it & working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by pegsfarm1 View Post
    This has happened to me several times. Even before the quest outpost was introduced. I have posted several replies on th discussion forum under the game crashing thread. I am on iPad 1. The game crashes for me even when I am not visiting anyone. I signed on this morning to collect my coins and food, to replant and breed, and it kicked me out 3 times in 15 minutes. I am on level 94. I do not have a quest outpost. I do have the boost breed, but like I have said, this has happened for me before that was introduced. I think it started when the Valentines edition was introduced. It has gotten much worse since I switched back to the regular edition the beginning of March when there was an update. It is so hard to play now getting kicked out so often. I have deleted and reinstalled it 3 times in the last 3 weeks, and it seems to get worse each time! I am so frustrated!
    This issue doesn't sound like it's related to the Quest Outpost, but more of a device issue. The iPad 1 is an older device, so you may experience performance issues due to the technical limitations of the device. You're already at a high level, so you'll be adding more Dragons and items in your game, which will require more hardware resources.

You'll want to close all of the apps you have running in the background to free up as many memory resources as you can so the iPad can use it to run the game.

Rhino Keeper
    [Sorry no it's still not fixed for android users QUOTE=DaojinWildfire;581221]This is an existing issue that we were able to fix in the Android versions, but are still working on for the Amazon version.

The game is crashing because the neighbor you are trying to visit currently has a Dragon in the Quest Outpost.[/QUOTE]

It crashes for me randomly if I try to visit any of my neighbours, sometimes I can visit a few before I get booted out sometimes its on the first one bt once I am booted out I can't visit any other neighbour until I've restarted my phone. Am on a Samsung galaxy 3s so dont think it's a hardware issue as my resources have a lot of room for the game.